Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 06:06 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times

Advertisements

Trump says ...

Trump says a lot of things that have no basis in fact. Some people lap it up like dogs to their own vomit, but the rest of us know the man of 10,000 lies is just at it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 06:12 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Seriously how can you take the President seriously.
Most rational, educated people do not.

Most of Trump's base is made up of hateful, angry people that worship Donald simply because he "owns libs" and "tells it like it is," which translates to "saying and doing awful things to minority groups likes Mexicans, Muslims, and LGBT. Trump says what these people wish they could say in public.

Trump's base is too far gone, they will never be rational people again (if they ever were). All you can do is pray for them.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:34 AM

4,254 posts, read 3,173,683 times
Quote:
Have to take them both serious.

Are you asking if I believed everything Obama said.....probably not but Obama is not on record lying as much as Trump.

I don't think any politician is -- not even Nixon.
Obama was quite the accomplished liar. However, unlike Trump, he was smooth and convincing. Reminds me of my uncle, a former politician, who could sell you the Brooklyn bridge and a year later you'd still think you got a great deal!

Old 06-17-2019, 06:40 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Most rational, educated people do not.

Most of Trump's base is made up of hateful, angry people that worship Donald simply because he "owns libs" and "tells it like it is," which translates to "saying and doing awful things to minority groups likes Mexicans, Muslims, and LGBT. Trump says what these people wish they could say in public.

Trump's base is too far gone, they will never be rational people again (if they ever were). All you can do is pray for them.
Maybe that's why some Trump supporters like Tucker Carlson !!!
He says he is the sworn enemy of lying, pomposity, smugness and group think.
Most commonly the MO of the left as demonstrated in this thread and the opinion in post #22
Its really more of a distraction or slight of hand to avoid issues !!!

The law enforcement faucet !!!

Former CIA director Brennan says Trump could 'turn off' law enforcement
https://video.foxnews.com/v/6048501727001

Last edited by phma; 06-17-2019 at 06:48 AM..

Old 06-17-2019, 06:54 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Is that the latest spin from conservative sites -- lol?

Yeah Pelosi is not going to impeachment because of a conspiracy theory created on some conservative site.

Go with that.
Oh the irony....

The post I was responding to was insinuating a lot of BS and conspiracy theories.

#1 What person has been locked up for Russian Collusion?

#2 If there is so much valid evidence of collusion with Russia then why won't Pelosi push for impeachment and make the case laying out the evidence?

Debunked conspiracy theories have come as much if not more from the left...Rachel Maddow has pushed at least a dozen or more.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:00 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Oh the irony....

The post I was responding to was insinuating a lot of BS and conspiracy theories.

#1 What person has been locked up for Russian Collusion?

#2 If there is so much valid evidence of collusion with Russia then why won't Pelosi push for impeachment and make the case laying out the evidence?

Debunked conspiracy theories have come as much if not more from the left...Rachel Maddow has pushed at least a dozen or more.
The comment was mine. It was in context of the presumption by Trump base that there is some massive witch-hunt on the Trump admin. It was not specific to Collusion (a tactic used by his base to so narrowly define things that you can call them a lie by changing the narrative).

But if you want to link it ONLY to the Meuller report, here is a link to those indictments tied specifically:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...nts-grand-jury

As for #2:
Pelosi won't push for impeachment, probably because she doesn't have a senate that will do anything with it.

I don't know if this is Pelosi's thought or not, but *I* am hopeful that Trump can serve out his term without impeachment distractions, and be SOUNDLY voted out of office. (I am by no means under the impression that it is a foregone outcome. But that is my hope, and it is what I think would be best for our country. You may disagree.)

Old 06-17-2019, 07:08 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
When did Newsweek Politics become a conservative conspiracy site ?

When did emails, documents and statements among Obama officials become conspiracy theory ?

Pelosi knows the democrats can't keep the cover-up going in a Senate trial.
Both sides get to present evidence !!!

What do we know ?

Democrat hypocrites are corrupted by foreign lobbying and cash

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/stev...bying-and-cash

1)Chuck Schumer, you took money from lobbyists for the Saudi Arabian and Mexican governments.
2)Nancy Pelosi, you took money from lobbyists representing shady companies in Ukraine.
3)Mark Warner and Hakeem Jeffries you took money from lobbyists for China.

We already know the Democrats are the party that paid for Russian dirt on Donald Trump and tried to cover it up by hiding it as a legal bill. We already know the Democrats approached the Ukrainian government for dirt on Donald Trump. We already know that foreign governments bought influence over our government for hundreds of millions of dollars through the Clinton Foundation when Hillary was Secretary of State.

The outrage over election meddling is their attempt to distract from the real foreign interference in our democracy -- the institutionalized and anti-American corruption of foreign government lobbying.
What I do not like about article is its {R} party slant. I do not think any right leaning poster would tell us that their leaders do not take lobbying money from foreign gvts. Like I have said many times U S democracy has gone global just like every thing else. Now these same leaders who take cash from foreign gvts are put on a pedestal by some that say the leaders would report info they heard about their rival from a foreign gvt they would report it to the FBI. yeah right

Old 06-17-2019, 09:25 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

Most of Trump's base is made up of hateful, angry people ...
Nailed it.

That is, and has been, the root and branch of the Republican party for a long time (long before Trump actually). Always people angry about something:

• The 55 mile per hour speed limit
  • Grabbin' our guns scare
  • The voting rights act
  • Equal employment opportunity act
  • Mixed race man in the white house
  • Fair housing, etc ...
... And many more bitter pills. Hell, they are angry that we know something about and talk about the dangers of climate change and they just want to go on pretending nothings wrong! ... kill the messenger ...

Then Trump comes around and promises them they can be the same old ugly personalities they really want to be, he tells them it's ok to be a xenophobe or a homophobe and it's ok not to have to be careful and courteous in their speech around others. He basically tells them it's ok to be an ignorant SOB.

Too many Trump supporters fit this description, my county is full of them. Many of the rest are sweet loving creatures who just want to believe his lies or worship the Holy Family of Trump and his third wife “Melanie” and don't really fit the 'angry' description.

... and some I assume, are good people.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:27 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
The truth is in the Mueller report. Three years into Trump's presidency and nothing criminal to show on Clinton, Obama or the FBI. You supporters sure are patient clutching your pearls and patiently waiting while you get duped and gas lighted into believing one conspiracy theory after another. Shall we jump into our way back machines and revisit all of the deflection conspiracy theories that failed since Trump took office. Okay, if you insist.
Susan Rice and illegal unmasking.
Uranium 1 recycled several times.

The Steele dossier started by never Trumper Republican's and not the reason the investigation started.
The Strzok/Page text messages that the IG report said had no effect on the investigation.

Back to Clinton emails again while Babykins does the same thing and the Oversight Committee is investigating.

Oh none of those worked. I know lets attack Mueller and the 13 angry Democrats or was it 18 angry Democrats? I don't know. The number is different every day.

Oh yeah, the enemy of the people and the liberal controlled media. The Enquirer is a reliable source while the NYT and WaPo are fake news. Yeah right, lets just read Infowars and Breitbart.

Did anyone see that ridiculous George Stephanopoulus interview? It's embarrassing that any one believes the lies that come out of his mouth.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:34 AM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
trump is irrelevant. No one cares what trump thinks.
Except that he is the most powerful elected leader in the free world and will likely serve 2 terms.

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies