U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 06:53 PM

23,058 posts, read 12,281,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't feel bad for this kid. However, it's for a different reason. He decided to post bigoted, racist stuff on the internet. He's wrong for that, period. No sympathy from me.
And this -- but he was only 16 -- my youngest has been online since he was primry school -- 8 years old....and he knows/knew that what ever he puts out there lives forever...so don't be an idiot.

If at 16 this kid didn't know better than to do stuff like this online -- he doesn't get to go to Harvard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It says he wrote the post more than 2 years ago.

Who was scrolling though his 2 year-old comments to make them public?
Doesn't matter who did it -- they did.....and he got caught.

He should have been smarter. That kid at 16 was raised with teachers, parents, law enforcement pounding into his head what you put out online stays online forever and to be smart.

He wasn't -- he paid the price.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:56 PM

451 posts, read 125,626 times
Quote:
This is the thing. I don't get online and make derogatory comments about people of a particular race. It don't make sweeping comments about a particular race. I don't put racial slurs on the internet. I don't call anyone racial slurs. It's wrong. Period. Go ahead and call me self-righteous all you want. I'll gladly wear that crown. As someone who has been accosted by people who were very bigoted, I don't want to do that to anyone else. I don't tolerate that kind of crap. Why should I? Name one reason why I should.
I’ll give you one reason “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

Old 06-17-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Harvard was wrong. When I was 16 I did some crazy crap. Social media is a bane against society. There is no statute of limitations, no forgiveness and no forgetfulness. Harvard should reinstate the kid.
When I entered high school I was reminded frequently that my high school days were the stepping stone to university. I was reminded regularly to make sure my actions would not impact my ability to get into a university.

You can show up at 18 and all of a sudden expect a school like Harvard to judge your character based on one year.

That's not how it works.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I’ll give you one reason “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
He can be forgiven and still denied entry into Harvard.

You can forgive a criminal but he still suffers the consequences of his actions.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:59 PM

47,981 posts, read 45,443,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And this -- but he was only 16 -- my youngest has been online since he was primry school -- 8 years old....and he knows/knew that what ever he puts out there lives forever...so don't be an idiot.

If at 16 this kid didn't know better than to do stuff like this online -- he doesn't get to go to Harvard.

Well, they are putting kids younger than that in prison. If this kid truly didn't know better, I still have a hard time. If he didn't know better, then perhaps he should be taught better. This thing is, I doubt this kid didn't know better. I remember being 14, 15 years old and kids calling me the "N" word, to my face. A few kids threatening to hang me from a rope. Those kids knew what they were saying. Why else would they say such things other than to be hateful?

And there is something I would like to point out. There are some bigoted people who did go to Harvard and other Ivy League universities. You can be academically inclined and still be a hateful person. I've been around individuals like that. And this is not particular to any race or ethnicity.

Many people either don't think about what they've said, or they don't care who sees. I think this kid wanted some people to see.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:00 PM

15,861 posts, read 6,242,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the kid was 16 years old when he made some very inappropriate comments, has apologized, and made amends. did you never say anything offensive in your youth? good grief, the left is mean.

Harvard rescinded his admission to appease the mob who wanted kyle's head because he was an outspoken conservative parkland school shooting survivor.
Maybe Harvard should take a leaf from the People's Republic of China and seek to "re-educate" this youngster.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He can be forgiven and still denied entry into Harvard.

You can forgive a criminal but he still suffers the consequences of his actions.
Thank you. You can forgive an action, but a person still has to pay for what they've done. And I imagine that Harvard wouldn't want to be associated with that.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Forgiveness does not mean absolution of consequences. Again, why should I be okay with someone being a bigot?

Old 06-17-2019, 07:04 PM

22,874 posts, read 16,258,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the kid was 16 years old when he made some very inappropriate comments, has apologized, and made amends. did you never say anything offensive in your youth? good grief, the left is mean.

Harvard rescinded his admission to appease the mob who wanted kyle's head because he was an outspoken conservative parkland school shooting survivor.
You know who called for Harvard to rescind the offer?
Laura Loomer.

Know who else?

Jacob Wohl.

Now, I know nothing about these people but apparently they portray themselves as not liberals.
Like, really not liberals.

“At the same time, far-right figures like anti-Muslim activist Laura Loomer—who view Kashuv as a member of the GOP establishment—led a campaign urging Harvard to revoke Kashuv’s admission.
On Monday, right-wing provocateur and Kashuv foe Jacob Wohl celebrated the revoked admission, calling Kashuv a “political charlatan” in a post on the messaging app Telegram.“

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kyle-k...r-racial-slurs

Interesting that the OP and others want, or is it need, to lay the blame elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or