U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 09:38 PM

16,233 posts, read 18,704,733 times

Advertisements

Going to say this once and only once. The sjw and the alt right are one of the same, just different sides of the coin. Both the alt right and sjws don't believe in free speech and believe in censorship, as well as canceling fellow peers. The sjw and the alt right comes from position of weakness due to victimhood psychosis. Both sides joined to get parkland survivor not to get accepted at Harvard which or worked.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/reason....-racism/%3famp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 09:56 PM

8,680 posts, read 2,485,809 times
[quote=moneill;55450857]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I don't disagree. However, the left as well as groups like BLM will argue that gang bangers at 16 aren't responsible enough to be held accountable. He was just a kid they say.

I agree with you and others. At 16 a sense of right from wrong should be established. If not mom and dad screwed up a tad.
That said at 16 young adults still do stupid things. Being a racist is stupid. Bigots do change. I was a homophobe and bashed gays at every opportunity. Then I got to know a few. Now they come to my home for cook outs and other get togethers.

My only issue with this thread are the countless other threads condemning bakeries for excluding groups that they feel morally opposed to. The Camp that fired the young gay man. Based upon a moral conviction of their faith.

Harvard does pretty much the same thing and the left is cheering it on. So which is it?

Me I think Harvard, like the Bakery and the camp have the right to refuse service based upon their moral convictions. That said they better do it to every student, every professor, every employee, who spews garbage.[/QUOTE

The camp didn't fire the kid for doing something wrong......they fired him for who he is.
The student's acceptance was rescinded not because of who he was --- race, sexual orientation, etc. but for actions or behaviors he did.

That's not the same at all.
So when a black rights activist groups spews racist garbage? Is that the same? How about when a professor with an over developed sense of social justice has a class on how all whites are evil?

By the way my analogy was accurate. The refusal is based upon a sense of moral conviction. In their eyes being gay is a choice, or at the very least an unnatural condition. They know their clients and reacted accordingly.
The same is true of the bakery.
WE can split hairs, but let's not pretend that there isn't a double standard in play. For example, Harvard has racist policies against Asians. In this case they hardly hold a moral high ground. That said, I still support their right to decline service. I simply call BS on the position that do so because they care about minorities and are opposed to racists. They are doing it for image and to be PC.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:11 PM

587 posts, read 95,681 times
Well, since high IQ and certain physical traits are superior to others, those with a high IQ and preferred physical traits are never offended or held back by anyone or anything. Sky is the limit for this guy.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:11 PM

23,304 posts, read 11,547,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I tell my grandkids to watch what they put on social media.

This was a good example of what not to do.
I dont think he put this on social media, I believe it was a private conversation that was then made public.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:51 AM

22,896 posts, read 16,281,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
This is not a political issue. The kidís a liability. He didnít just use the n word while making dumb jokes, he made statements like ďI hate the Jews, they should dieĒ type stuff.

If a kid was found to have made multiple comments about how much he hates women and wanted them to suffer, and then a college is notified but lets the kid in anyway, do you know how much crap would it the fan if that kid went on to hurt a female student once on campus? The school would be all kinds of liable.

If Harvard lets him on campus and he goes on to get caught harassing Jewish students or students of color in any way, Harvard is SCREWED. I donít care how much he says heís changed... unless he can point to some solid evidence (like a therapistís treatment or him becoming active in anti racist groups or something) they are not touching him with a ten foot pole.
This.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:01 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,049,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No biggie. If he got into Harvard, he can get into some other school. It ainít the end of his life.
It is a biggie when they do it during summer break after his senior year. Those other schools have already accepted their classes and (perhaps more importantly) awarded their scholarships and financial aid packages.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:04 AM

15,931 posts, read 6,271,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Liberals Are Not Very Forgiving: Harvard rescinds offer to Parkland gun rights activist after racist messages
I am an extreme liberal and I do not agree with Harvard on this one at all; their anti-racist credentials are questionable. See Harvard discrimination trial and creating real diversity. What can be done?

Old 06-18-2019, 06:10 AM

5,938 posts, read 5,438,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the kid is jewish, tina.
Doesnít matter. He said a bunch of extreme stuff, they are not going to bet he was joking, Jewish or not.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:10 AM

11,209 posts, read 6,521,472 times
I wonder if they would have investigated a ďmarch for our livesĒ kid so hard and pulled his admission if he made similar comments.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:16 AM

26,735 posts, read 9,092,990 times
The kid wasn't punished enough !!! Harvard had to do a drive by hit !!!

Then left him at the side of the road !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or