U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 07:11 PM

718 posts, read 128,010 times

Advertisements

you guys cant be serious if you think Obama's deal was anything but a joke. they didn't stop working on nukes for 5 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 07:28 PM

32,447 posts, read 16,619,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
you guys cant be serious if you think Obama's deal was anything but a joke. they didn't stop working on nukes for 5 minutes.
And you base that on - what, exactly?

Old 06-17-2019, 07:29 PM

22,716 posts, read 16,817,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If Iran follows through on this threat we will be back to square one, what exactly was to point of breaking the agreement. It wasn't perfect but certainly was a step in the right direction and now what are the options. We are attempting to make a deal with NK while we tore down the agreement with Iran.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/17/u...gtype=Homepage
Second verse, same as the first.

From 1995:

https://www.nytimes.com/1995/01/05/w...ials-fear.html

Quote:
Iran is much closer to producing nuclear weapons than previously thought, and could be less than five years away from having an atomic bomb, several senior American and Israeli officials say.

"The date by which Iran will have nuclear weapons is no longer 10 years from now," a senior official said recently, referring to previous estimates. "If the Iranians maintain this intensive effort to get everything they need, they could have all their components in two years. Then it will be just a matter of technology and research. If Iran is not interrupted in this program by some foreign power, it will have the device in more or less five years."
How long are people going to fall for this?

Old 06-17-2019, 07:33 PM

15,182 posts, read 4,011,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
Did Trump of Bolton tell you that? Because a large number of very smart and advanced countries and their diplomats, as well as ours, said that they were keeping the terms of the agreement.

In fact, those other "allies" are still in the agreement. But since we pulled out the whole deal is ruined and I would expect them to get some weapons right quick. It's what I would do if I were Iran now that I see Trump would lick their boots like NK if they showed the tech......

But it would be MUCH better to just follow through on the deal and open new markets for us and them and be good friends (with their people) and "trust but verify" with their leaders.

Alas, Trump could care less about human beings. Money.....is the deal.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:40 PM

32,995 posts, read 13,924,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Second verse, same as the first.

From 1995:

https://www.nytimes.com/1995/01/05/w...ials-fear.html

How long are people going to fall for this?
Did you notice that article was based on input from Israel, but here we are 25 years later. We had inspections and oversight for compliance, that all May be gone. Will you feel safer if the deal is gone, that is what Trump and Bolton want. They go back towards nuclear capability, good deal.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:57 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,013,615 times
Quote:
If Iran follows through on this threat we will be back to square one, what exactly was to point of breaking the agreement. It wasn't perfect but certainly was a step in the right direction and now what are the options. We are attempting to make a deal with NK while we tore down the agreement with Iran.
It's one of Trump's biggest foreign policy blunders and I say that as someone who fully supports Israel and the embassy move that took place.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:57 PM

7,835 posts, read 2,278,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It was made during the Obama presidency, duh.

Yep, nice foreign policy work there.
yep, all Obama did was let problems fester and leave for someone else to clean up..... worst President ever..

Old 06-17-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
It's one of Trump's biggest foreign policy blunders and I say that as someone who fully supports Israel and the embassy move that took place.
I just do not see any positive outcome from this aggressive policy nor do I see support from the American people for any military action.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:27 AM

19,030 posts, read 12,202,327 times
Quote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/17/u...gtype=Homepage

The Iranian people are actually pretty decent folks. Prior to the Mullahs, they were very western and a secular state.

I know a few who fled the regime and they are as western as we are. Let's hope that the Mullahs are overthrown by their own people and that a conflict does not erupt in which innocent civilians, who don't even like their leaders, are killed.

Most of these oppressive regimes tend to fall under their own weight- its just a matter of time.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The Iranian people are actually pretty decent folks. Prior to the Mullahs, they were very western and a secular state.

I know a few who fled the regime and they are as western as we are. Let's hope that the Mullahs are overthrown by their own people and that a conflict does not erupt in which innocent civilians, who don't even like their leaders, are killed.

Most of these oppressive regimes tend to fall under their own weight- its just a matter of time.
The Iranian people are one of the most educated ME country, they were making progress but now we are back to the same old policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or