U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2019, 11:54 AM
 
12,028 posts, read 5,707,240 times
Reputation: 7033

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Why didn't Obama get an agreement approved by Congress?
We know why -- he KNEW it would never be confirmed by Congress.
Worse than that - it was never signed by the Supreme Leader of Iran and his signature is the only one that counts in Iran. The entire thing was a Hoax to transfer Billions of dollars in cash to Iran so they could pay their Proxy Terrorist organizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2019, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Long Island
32,966 posts, read 13,918,076 times
Reputation: 7014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
We know why -- he KNEW it would never be confirmed by Congress.
Worse than that - it was never signed by the Supreme Leader of Iran and his signature is the only one that counts in Iran. The entire thing was a Hoax to transfer Billions of dollars in cash to Iran so they could pay their Proxy Terrorist organizations.
Iran was in compliance, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 03:30 PM
 
32,439 posts, read 16,612,446 times
Reputation: 17447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Iran was in compliance, period.
The warmongers didn't believe the IAEA the last time they wanted to go to war against a country that began with "Ira" - what made you think they would this time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Ohio
19,883 posts, read 14,224,806 times
Reputation: 16076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We are attempting to make a deal with NK while we tore down the agreement with Iran.
Yeah, so? Do you not understand?

Are you planning on invading North Korea? Nope.

Does North Korea have oil or natural gas? Nope.

Does occupying North Korea give you air, rail and highway access to the Five Central Asian States from the Persian Gulf/Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean Region?

Nope.

Are you planning on invading Iran? Yes.

Does Iran have oil and natural gas? Yes.

Will occupying/controlling Iran give you air, rail and highway access to the Five Central Asian States from the Persian Gulf/Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean Region?

Yes.

Do you understand now?

It makes it extremely difficult for the US to take any action in Iran if Iran has nuclear weapons, and you see, it doesn't matter really matter if Iran actually has them or not. It's the mere threat of possession.

Iran would not use nuclear weapons against the US, or Israel or Iraq, or any other country.

But, Iran would use nuclear weapons against US Naval Forces in the Persian Gulf attacking Iran.

Therein lies the problem.

While Iran wouldn't use nuclear weapons against Saudi Arabia per se, they would use them against US air bases and other US military facilities in Saudi Arabia used in warfare against Iran.

Iran doesn't have weapons-grade Plutonium and has no possibility of acquiring it, so like Pakistan, Iran is severely limited in the size of its warheads.

Like Pakistan, Iran could build warheads up to 20 kt. They do have two aircraft capable of carrying such a warhead, namely the F-4 Phantom IIs and the Su-24s.

However, Iran is more likely to opt to build smaller yield warheads in the 0.1 kt to 2 kt range.

Those won't destroy cities, but they will destroy US forces and note that 0.1 kt devices are man-portable, so it would be child's play to infiltrate one into Saudi Arabia and detonate it on a US air base.

Don't forget, you don't have to destroy or damage an aircraft to render it useless. You just have to kill or injure the pilots. The aircraft might be in reveted hard-stands, but the pilots aren't.

Note that it is never necessary to test-detonate a Uranium-based device.

Yes, Pakistan did test-detonate a device, but only to let the whole world, and in particular India, know they have nuclear weapons.

So, the fact that Iran has never test-detonated one is not proof they don't have any.

It's entirely possible the US and World may learn Iran has nuclear weapons after US carriers are sitting on the bottom of the Persian Gulf.

That's what puts the US in a tizzy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 04:47 PM
 
Location: Long Island
32,966 posts, read 13,918,076 times
Reputation: 7014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The warmongers didn't believe the IAEA the last time they wanted to go to war against a country that began with "Ira" - what made you think they would this time?
Trump now worried that Iran will have nuclear capability, you can’t make this stuff up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2019, 06:03 AM
 
4,682 posts, read 3,610,867 times
Reputation: 7381
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When we’re in our tenth year of guerrilla warfare in the cities, villages and mountains in Iran and losing 300 soldiers a month, you MAGA hatters make sure to take responsibility for it.
Well better yet, I hope you maga hatters have sons and daughters fightng there in Iran. That’s how you show your loyalty to YOUR president! Put your kids where your mouth it, Bucko.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2019, 06:07 AM
 
6,580 posts, read 2,793,485 times
Reputation: 7904
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Well better yet, I hope you maga hatters have sons and daughters fightng there in Iran. That’s how you show your loyalty to YOUR president! Put your kids where your mouth it, Bucko.
All the kids of these MAGA hatters will have a sudden spurt of bone spurs if called to war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2019, 06:10 AM
 
4,682 posts, read 3,610,867 times
Reputation: 7381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Yeah, so? Do you not understand?

Are you planning on invading North Korea? Nope.

Does North Korea have oil or natural gas? Nope.

Does occupying North Korea give you air, rail and highway access to the Five Central Asian States from the Persian Gulf/Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean Region?

Nope.

Are you planning on invading Iran? Yes.

Does Iran have oil and natural gas? Yes.

Will occupying/controlling Iran give you air, rail and highway access to the Five Central Asian States from the Persian Gulf/Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean Region?

Yes.

Do you understand now?

It makes it extremely difficult for the US to take any action in Iran if Iran has nuclear weapons, and you see, it doesn't matter really matter if Iran actually has them or not. It's the mere threat of possession.

Iran would not use nuclear weapons against the US, or Israel or Iraq, or any other country.

But, Iran would use nuclear weapons against US Naval Forces in the Persian Gulf attacking Iran.

Therein lies the problem.

While Iran wouldn't use nuclear weapons against Saudi Arabia per se, they would use them against US air bases and other US military facilities in Saudi Arabia used in warfare against Iran.

Iran doesn't have weapons-grade Plutonium and has no possibility of acquiring it, so like Pakistan, Iran is severely limited in the size of its warheads.

Like Pakistan, Iran could build warheads up to 20 kt. They do have two aircraft capable of carrying such a warhead, namely the F-4 Phantom IIs and the Su-24s.

However, Iran is more likely to opt to build smaller yield warheads in the 0.1 kt to 2 kt range.

Those won't destroy cities, but they will destroy US forces and note that 0.1 kt devices are man-portable, so it would be child's play to infiltrate one into Saudi Arabia and detonate it on a US air base.

Don't forget, you don't have to destroy or damage an aircraft to render it useless. You just have to kill or injure the pilots. The aircraft might be in reveted hard-stands, but the pilots aren't.

Note that it is never necessary to test-detonate a Uranium-based device.

Yes, Pakistan did test-detonate a device, but only to let the whole world, and in particular India, know they have nuclear weapons.

So, the fact that Iran has never test-detonated one is not proof they don't have any.

It's entirely possible the US and World may learn Iran has nuclear weapons after US carriers are sitting on the bottom of the Persian Gulf.

That's what puts the US in a tizzy.
Basically, these nukes are what will prevent the us from beingg a bully toward Iran. Like many have realized, we are now living in a world where the only way to protect oneself against American bullying is to possess a form of nuke deterrence, no matter how primitive. I am no lover of Shia Islam , or any form of Islam, but I hate American bullying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2019, 06:11 AM
 
4,682 posts, read 3,610,867 times
Reputation: 7381
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
All the kids of these MAGA hatters will have a sudden spurt of bone spurs if called to war.
Yeah you’re right. They have such a great maga role model in their freak show president. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2019, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,719 posts, read 11,208,910 times
Reputation: 6150
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When we’re in our tenth year of guerrilla warfare in the cities, villages and mountains in Iran and losing 300 soldiers a month, you MAGA hatters make sure to take responsibility for it.
Like the Obama supporters did? Oh that's right, he's black so he gets a pass and your vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top