Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2019, 07:21 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times

Advertisements

Why is Ball being condemned, when Oerlin lead the question, but Johnson can say "my boys" when they are men and talking about My Girls" at home as being "strong ass women" and get away with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LaVar Ball has been slammed for making an “inappropriate” remark to a female ESPN host on Monday, with the network officially condemning him.

Ball made the comments during ESPN’s “First Take” on Monday morning when talking about his son, Lonzo Ball, who was part of the trade deal that reportedly brought Anthony Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Molly Qerim, the host, tried to get the show back on the track after Ball began directing the show, saying “LaVar, can I switch gears with you because I have a question here.”

“You can switch gears with me anytime,” Ball responded during the live interview, prompting outcry on social media.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lavar...pn-host-on-air

"Give it up for them — my boys!"

"My girls — I got a houseful of strong ass women."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...neration-award
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 02:17 AM

264 posts, read 100,939 times
One reason and one reason only as to why Lavar Ball receives negative press.

The reason is obvious! Is it not?

Let me break it down;

Lavar Ball displays confidence
Lavar Ball started his own shoe brand
Lavar Ball is vocal
Lavar Ball has a successful family with three sons who are successful
Lavar Ball started his own Basketball league
Lavar Ball travels internationally and promote his brand

Simply means that he is in control of his own economic base and is not subservient!

Now, analyze the negative comments and I am almost 100% sure that you will ascertain that the people who dislike him will use words such as "clown" and other disparaging racially charged words because their psyche cannot "deal" with him constantly not fitting into the "box" that they have for him!

Actually, he is setting a powerful example of bold entrepreneurship, confidence, and marketing that other African American men should take note of and follow!

He is with his family and providing a great role model for his sons and others who are perceptive enough to "see" what he is actually doing!

Old 06-24-2019, 05:19 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
This is somehow worse than doing the groupie thing?

Nah.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:38 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Why do networks keep giving that idiot airtime? I bet the Lakers are so happy to have him away from their team.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:48 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedThink View Post
One reason and one reason only as to why Lavar Ball receives negative press.

The reason is obvious! Is it not?

Let me break it down;

Lavar Ball displays confidence
Lavar Ball started his own shoe brand
Lavar Ball is vocal
Lavar Ball has a successful family with three sons who are successful
Lavar Ball started his own Basketball league
Lavar Ball travels internationally and promote his brand

Simply means that he is in control of his own economic base and is not subservient!

Now, analyze the negative comments and I am almost 100% sure that you will ascertain that the people who dislike him will use words such as "clown" and other disparaging racially charged words because their psyche cannot "deal" with him constantly not fitting into the "box" that they have for him!

Actually, he is setting a powerful example of bold entrepreneurship, confidence, and marketing that other African American men should take note of and follow!

He is with his family and providing a great role model for his sons and others who are perceptive enough to "see" what he is actually doing!
Oh please, Lavar Ball reveries negative press because he is a pretentious asshat, and because he uses his sons to generate wealth for himself.

Plenty of self made people that are not so full of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies