U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 05:54 PM

8,509 posts, read 2,456,235 times

Advertisements

The left used the same formula for Obama. The only reason people didn't support Obama was because they were racists. That was the message we were bombarded with constantly. No it couldn't be that you simply disagreed with his politics, policies or his my way or the highway approach to leadership. You were racist.

Then comes Hillary. Same thing. Anyone who doesn't vote for Hillary is a sexist.

I never even heard of that candidate until he announced that he was running for president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 05:59 PM

22,244 posts, read 9,457,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
It's amazing to me that talking head who not only doesn't have a degree in Journalism but never even graduated college doesn't see the irony in his line of questioning (stereotyping an entire race).

That would be like asking someone if wealthy people are anti-semitic because they won't elect a Jewish president (which of course they'll never do).

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/chuck-to...-vote-for-him/

Why? Did you watch the program or is this second-hand? He is being realistic and Al Sharpton agrees with him. Buttigieg has been meeting with Sharpton and accompanying him to Harlem to reach out to the black community for this very reason. Buttigieg gets it, and it is not racist if it is a realistic issue.

Is Sharpton racist against blacks, too, or is he just way more familiar with this issue than those questioning the intelligence of Chuck Todd?

Old 06-18-2019, 06:49 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,181,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
NBC Strongly Implies African Americans Are Homophobic If They Won't Elect A Homosexual President

WOW! Is NBC now saying that anyone Black is now a Deplorable if they don't vote for a Democrat?
And specifically a Gay Democrat at that ..... looks like they are really pushing Butti-Whatever.
Pretty clear that TeamObama doesn't want Joe Biden - is the gay guy their 'chosen one'?

That's pretty amazing when you think about it ..... AND, it didn't work out so well for the LEFT in 2016.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The left used the same formula for Obama. The only reason people didn't support Obama was because they were racists. That was the message we were bombarded with constantly. No it couldn't be that you simply disagreed with his politics, policies or his my way or the highway approach to leadership. You were racist.

Then comes Hillary. Same thing. Anyone who doesn't vote for Hillary is a sexist.

I never even heard of that candidate until he announced that he was running for president.
Neoliberals always consider themselves to be open-minded until you don't fit into their agenda, then they start acting holier-than-thou and attacking you with petty labels and stereotypes.

As this NBC videos proves, no one is immune from their gaslighting.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:13 AM

19,354 posts, read 17,468,922 times
They voted for Obama didn't they? How homophobic could they be?

Old 06-19-2019, 12:17 AM

26,580 posts, read 9,046,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
At least this issue of racism and homophobia is not being applied to White people this time!
That is remarkable !!! Its good to see the snake eat its tail !!!

Democrat ideas and policies are cannibalistic and that is their undoing in the end !!!

Old 06-19-2019, 05:22 AM

47,974 posts, read 45,435,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
This is the same kind of crap that white folks liked to blame black voters in California for the passage of Prop 8 in 2008. Convieniently ignoring evangelical white voters or the Mormon voters, or that black voters were such a small percentage of the electorate in California that even if they voted against it, it wouldn't have made a difference.
I don't think it's just Whites doing this. However, this is my point. I'm not trying to suggest that all Black Americans are homophobic. I wanted to touch upon this. Sometimes people can be culturally similar, but vote very differently because of other priorities.

As for California, it functions differently from other states. I found that African-Americans in California, at least compared to other states, are in a different political environment than African-Americans in Texas, Ohio, or Georgia.

And it also depends on what kind of Democrats and Republicans you have in your state. I would say African-Americans in Ohio might be more receptive to Republicans than in Georgia. Different political environment. Ohio Republicans are not Georgia Republicans.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:48 AM

50,481 posts, read 26,667,876 times
Black folks are just like everyone else...a gaggle of hypocrites. They’ll overlook homosexuality when it’s convenient.

And black folks on this board know EXACTLY what I mean.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:27 AM

47,974 posts, read 45,435,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Black folks are just like everyone else...a gaggle of hypocrites. They’ll overlook homosexuality when it’s convenient.

And black folks on this board know EXACTLY what I mean.
Many people regardless of race will compromise their own values, whenever they feel it's necessary.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:28 AM

17,598 posts, read 8,827,681 times
Some believe they already have.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:29 AM

694 posts, read 125,776 times
they are homophobic or at least moreso than other races
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or