U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 11:38 AM

79,240 posts, read 33,633,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Americans should stop buying cheap goods manufactured in China. Our leaders from Clinton to reagan sold us a bill of false goods saying if we give up light manufacturing and remove jobs from small communities we will get cheap goods from China and it will make us happy.

We don't all need washing machines, smart phones, or cars. We can use simpler methods and buy more expensive goods made in America if it means keep communities from having all their jobs being off-shored and creating addiction in its place.

Not everyone needs to move to the cities to work for some lifeless corporations, China is the source of corporate Americas betrayal.

We can handle it, DC politicians are lying when they say we need China.
The fault does not lie with China but with corporate America. We aren't about to hold them accountable for anything. Yes, there is a lesson for American's here but far too many still see protests as something wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 11:43 AM

9,629 posts, read 2,660,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The fault does not lie with China but with corporate America. We aren't about to hold them accountable for anything. Yes, there is a lesson for American's here but far too many still see protests as something wrong.
China is part of it too. Corporate America, DC politicans, and China have been colluding to destroy American communities since they entered the world trade organization.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Chinese behavior from enslaving entire segments of their population.

They have been a force that enable corporate tyranny across the world and environmental destruction. Going against China will starve these corporations of subsidizing their market value.

And Chinese groups like Huawei who are forcing a fight to 5G are only promoting corporate consolidation in the US and weakening average workers say.

This is the society that have helped built and it starts with standing up to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9dZQelULDk

Old 06-18-2019, 11:46 AM

840 posts, read 1,109,755 times
Quote:
Is it corporate America, or Government? I would believe that past administrations (Reagan, Bush) sold us out as puppets for corporate America. 15 years ago when I was in importing I was looking at the lopsided Tariff schedule and going WTH?

Tariff's can be changed, and are up to government to set to "balance" trade.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
China is part of it too. Corporate America, DC politicans, and China have been colluding to destroy American communities since they entered the world trade organization.
China can only accept what we send them. They can not force anything. I can not blame an entity trying to encourage a company to move there.

Quote:
And that is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Chinese behavior from enslaving entire segments of their population.

They have been a force that enable corporate tyranny across the world and environmental destruction. Going against China will starve these corporations of subsidizing their market value.

And Chinese groups like Huawei who are forcing a fight to 5G are only promoting corporate consolidation in the US and weakening average workers say.

This is the society that have helped built and it starts with standing up to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9dZQelULDk
And not a word about the actions of corporations here.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:49 AM

1,485 posts, read 304,683 times
One of the reasons China is expanding its influence in the world is that they don't engage in regime change. Their dealings are economic; whereas the US interferes in foreign policies in order to expands their interest. China does not need to do this. It is a significant trade partner to most countries.

Only people who wants to distract from the pressure on Iran would say that the world is unifying against China. It is just false. The only countries that have a good reason to have a stronger attitude towards China (and ultimately war) is the USA and the UK.

I am sure they will get their way so don't worry about your Iran, Russia got their back covered.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Is it corporate America, or Government?
For far too long, they have been one and the same. There is no distinction.

Quote:
I would believe that past administrations (Reagan, Bush) sold us out as puppets for corporate America. 15 years ago when I was in importing I was looking at the lopsided Tariff schedule and going WTH?

Tariff's can be changed, and are up to government to set to "balance" trade.
I do not believe they can be changed on a juvenile level.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
One of the reasons China is expanding its influence in the world is that they don't engage in regime change. Their dealings are economic; whereas the US interferes in foreign policies in order to expands their interest. China does not need to do this. It is a significant trade partner to most countries.
China does believe in trade over war. I believe in trade over war.

Quote:
Only people who wants to distract from the pressure on Iran would say that the world is unifying against China. It is just false. The only countries that have a good reason to have a stronger attitude towards China (and ultimately war) is the USA and the UK.

I am sure they will get their way so don't worry about your Iran, Russia got their back covered.
A news source based in Germany simply reporting on the news is most certainly not proof that the "world is uniting against China".

Let us march in the streets like they are doing in Hong Kong over the exporting of jobs, then I will be impressed.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
China can only accept what we send them. They can not force anything. I can not blame an entity trying to encourage a company to move there.

And not a word about the actions of corporations here.
I hate corporations.

But they are nothing without geopolitical support. China's system of taxes subsidizing industries locally have not only enslaved their population, but made ours into hopeless tools of our corporations needing to profit from lower production costs.

Corporations are the symptom, not the cause. Governments like China and ours working together to increase tax revenue and growth are the sources of private power.

A break up with China, the number one source of outsourcing (not Vietnam or robots) would be excellent.

And the government of China is escalating everyone's problems with their investment into 5g.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post

I am totally against war with Iran and the Trump administration escalating tensions, but these are two separate issues.

The US doesn't want war with China, they benefit from it in some ways. Why do you think there is such opposition to the tariffs, it will hurt US consumer spending which is unacceptable to corporations and government coffers.

A break up with economic interdependency between China and the US would be a great thing.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:59 AM

14,382 posts, read 9,085,862 times
Quote:
Maybe (I don't think so). But so what, they have destroyed rural communities, empowered corporations to restrict our freedoms, enslaved their Muslim population, harvest organs, and destroy the environment.

It is a worthy fight much like the Nazis represented.
Sounds like the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or