U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 02:39 PM

50,586 posts, read 26,698,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Remember when David Letterman would practically drool all over Trump when he was Dave's show guest.

All it took was Trump running under the GOP banner to make cranky old Letterman bare his claws.
Letterman doesn’t drool over anyone, and if anyone can see thru Trump, it’s Letterman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 02:41 PM

23,079 posts, read 12,289,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Remember when David Letterman would practically drool all over Trump when he was Dave's show guest.

All it took was Trump running under the GOP banner to make cranky old Letterman bare his claws.
Don't remember that at all.

What Stern & Letterman and other talk show hosts loved was the stupid things he said...he was always a good guest to have -- not because he was a nice guy but because he said such ridiculous things.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:43 PM

29,399 posts, read 15,431,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Jealous of Trump?

Too funny.
And yet so true in many cases.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:45 PM

50,586 posts, read 26,698,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
You think I'm...jealous? Really? I would like you to know I have disliked Mr. Trump since the '80s, when he first appeared on my radar. He has never impressed me. He has always been tacky. He has always made my skin crawl. I remember watching him on The Apprentice and laughing at him (not with him, AT him), thinking the whole world was in on the joke. My mistake, because I realize now that many fell for his act. He is not a good business man--he is a decent manipulator. He is fine with making money at the expense of others. He repeatedly shorts contractors who have done work for him, and he's proud of it. He is a money-grubbing tool. I have never, EVER, had a moment where I have been jealous of him. Rethink it.
No one has ever been jealous of Trump. He’s probably the only silver spooner that has never made anyone envious or jealous.

At one time, I remember thinking that the guy had something going for himself, but once I saw Trump Shuttle, Trump Steaks, Trump Ties, and Trump University, I knew the guy’s chandelier was missing half its bulbs.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:49 PM

3,279 posts, read 2,320,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould
Jealous of Trump?

Too funny.

And yet so true in many cases.

A great liar, adultery, bankruptcies, grifter. Whats to be jealous about.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:18 PM

5,810 posts, read 3,260,283 times
Even Donald's teeth try to escape when he talks.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:25 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,113,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Strange that opinion didn't seem apparent before he decided to run for the presidency.
He was well liked, and respected as a private citizen, and I might add, envied by many.

Bob.

I'm afraid you are completely wrong and I find your original hypothesis wrong as well. Trump has been disliked and often featured in the tabloids in NY for decades.

The mainstream sheeple just didn't know this.

Old 06-18-2019, 04:25 PM

11,429 posts, read 8,433,395 times
Donald Trump has been a running joke in NYC for years.

Anybody who listened to him for more than 5 minutes knew he was a blowhard.

How any American could have respect for, much less be jealous of a man who told Howard Stern calling 'Ivanka was a good piece of ass' was ok is a mystery to me.

And he is our POTUS. G-d help us.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:19 PM

5,649 posts, read 7,527,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
You think I'm...jealous? Really? I would like you to know I have disliked Mr. Trump since the '80s, when he first appeared on my radar. He has never impressed me. He has always been tacky. He has always made my skin crawl. I remember watching him on The Apprentice and laughing at him (not with him, AT him), thinking the whole world was in on the joke. My mistake, because I realize now that many fell for his act. He is not a good business man--he is a decent manipulator. He is fine with making money at the expense of others. He repeatedly shorts contractors who have done work for him, and he's proud of it. He is a money-grubbing tool. I have never, EVER, had a moment where I have been jealous of him. Rethink it.
So what apartment is yours in Trump tower?

Bob.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:21 PM

5,649 posts, read 7,527,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No one has ever been jealous of Trump. He’s probably the only silver spooner that has never made anyone envious or jealous.

At one time, I remember thinking that the guy had something going for himself, but once I saw Trump Shuttle, Trump Steaks, Trump Ties, and Trump University, I knew the guy’s chandelier was missing half its bulbs.
And how many jet planes and penthouses do you own?

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies