Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 02:12 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times

Advertisements

For a long while now, I have been trying to figure why there is so much hatred for Mr. Donald Trump, and now I think I know why, and it has nothing to do with his presidency, or the election of 2016, though the election certainly may have added to the hatred.
Plain and simple, it is pure jealousy.

Let us take a look back at Donald J. Trump.
For years we all knew him for his wealth, and business .
The man is world renowned for his wealth, and business.
Long before he decided to run for president, many who were looking for political office would trek to Trump tower to earn his graces(and kiss his ring).
I am sure many left Trump tower with the Donald saying to himself, "kiss my ass'.

Even at times when asked about a possible run, when he stated ,"I could, if I don't see anyone qualified", people didn't treat him badly, or say mean things about him.

It wasn't until he rode down the escalator with his beautiful wife by his side, that the hatred, and jealousy started.
Here was a man, successful, extremely wealthy, known around the world, had a much sought after expertise in the business world, lived like a king in his palatial palace in the sky, adorned with perhaps as much gold as to rival fort knox.

People were envious, and jealous of the man who would announce to the world, he would seek the presidency.
However her got there, people had to know he was successful in his position in life.
Not many get to that point in their lives, and this was the catalyst for the hatred and jealousy.
It was tolerable as long as he remained a private citizen, but trying to be a president was just to much to take for a lot of jealous people.

You will all notice,the news wasn't five minutes after his speech, of his intended entrance into politics,when the bashing started.
All through his campaign, the wealth was evident at each and every rally he attended, showing up in his own personal jet plane.
The opulence of the Trump machine was evident every where he went, and the opposition hated him for it.
Jealousy had reached it's peak when he won the election, and apparently it will not cease until the man reaches one of two things, those being his term as president has ended, or his life has ended.
Jealousy and hate have left an indelible mark on this country, one which is hard to eradicate.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 02:18 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
more likely because of his lack of any redeeming qualities

Melania.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:24 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
The big hate started when he broke the rules and was rewarded for it. When he made his first politically incorrect comment about illegal immigrants the script was supposed to be "well Mr. Trump you had your fun but now we GOTCHA so it's time to apologize and drop out of the race". But instead of following the script he doubled down on his comment and instead of turning on him as they are supposed to the voters supported him even more. If you break the rules and the people don't demand you drop out for it, you can't be controlled. Can't have someone like that in charge of things.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:24 PM

1,074 posts, read 640,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
For a long while now, I have been trying to figure why there is so much hatred for Mr. Donald Trump, and now I think I know why, and it has nothing to do with his presidency, or the election of 2016, though the election certainly may have added to the hatred.
Plain and simple, it is pure jealousy.

Let us take a look back at Donald J. Trump.
For years we all knew him for his wealth, and business .
The man is world renowned for his wealth, and business.
Long before he decided to run for president, many who were looking for political office would trek to Trump tower to earn his graces(and kiss his ring).
I am sure many left Trump tower with the Donald saying to himself, "kiss my ass'.

Even at times when asked about a possible run, when he stated ,"I could, if I don't see anyone qualified", people didn't treat him badly, or say mean things about him.

It wasn't until he rode down the escalator with his beautiful wife by his side, that the hatred, and jealousy started.
Here was a man, successful, extremely wealthy, known around the world, had a much sought after expertise in the business world, lived like a king in his palatial palace in the sky, adorned with perhaps as much gold as to rival fort knox.

People were envious, and jealous of the man who would announce to the world, he would seek the presidency.
However her got there, people had to know he was successful in his position in life.
Not many get to that point in their lives, and this was the catalyst for the hatred and jealousy.
It was tolerable as long as he remained a private citizen, but trying to be a president was just to much to take for a lot of jealous people.

You will all notice,the news wasn't five minutes after his speech, of his intended entrance into politics,when the bashing started.
All through his campaign, the wealth was evident at each and every rally he attended, showing up in his own personal jet plane.
The opulence of the Trump machine was evident every where he went, and the opposition hated him for it.
Jealousy had reached it's peak when he won the election, and apparently it will not cease until the man reaches one of two things, those being his term as president has ended, or his life has ended.
Jealousy and hate have left an indelible mark on this country, one which is hard to eradicate.

Bob.
Not jealousy for me.

I am not much of a "money" person anyway, so I never read any of his books or paid much attention...but reality TV in which there is an ultimate winner? I'm IN! I saw every episode of The Apprentice
That was when I "got to know" him. He seemed like a terrible person, but harmless, merely on a reality show- big whoop!
Then, he had the audacity to accuse the greatest president that we may see in our lifetime of all kinds of crazy stuff, including not being an American- wait, what?? It was at this point that he went from being a fly (just annoying) to a wasp (could possibly hurt someone, but not terribly likely)
He remained a "wasp" (pun not originally intended with metaphor, but now happy for my coincidence) during the campaign, as I, like many, believed there was no chance he could possibly win: Who would vote for him? No one with brown skin, no one who had a kid with a disability, no one who was a war veteran, and no woman. He would get like 5 votes!
***SHOCK****
I/we were wrong.
That stupid wasp now became The Black Plague, and something had to be done.

We have always hated him, just as we hate a David Duke, or a Dr Larry Nasser, but now that he is leader of the free world, we have not just reason, but obligation, to come forward.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:26 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
more likely because of his lack of any redeeming qualities

Melania.
Strange that opinion didn't seem apparent before he decided to run for the presidency.
He was well liked, and respected as a private citizen, and I might add, envied by many.

Bob.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
You did all that cogitating and came up with THAT rambling, incoherent explanation?

The one emotion that Trump has never in his life been able to elicit from a single person is jealousy. If anyone dealing with him even managed to feel the slightest pang of jealousy, 30 seconds into any conversation with him turned to pity, embarrassment (for him), and utter disgust.

That’s the long and short of everyone’s feelings on Trump.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:30 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Strange that opinion didn't seem apparent before he decided to run for the presidency.
He was well liked, and respected as a private citizen, and I might add, envied by many.

Bob.
Remember when David Letterman would practically drool all over Trump when he was Dave's show guest.

All it took was Trump running under the GOP banner to make cranky old Letterman bare his claws.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:36 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Jealous of Trump?

Too funny.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
you know the minute someone says 'I've finally figured it out' -- they haven't.

LOL.

DIdn't read the post but I will go back now and prove my point.

Exactly as I predicted.

There are lots of great people with money, celebrities, business men etc.

My dislike and distaste for Trump developed years ago. Way before he was a twinkle in your eye OP.

Nah Trump isn't liked because he's not a nice guy.
And lots of people voted for him and defend him because he's a Republican.
They will excuse anything because of tribal politics.

End or story.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:38 PM

1,316 posts, read 747,160 times
You think I'm...jealous? Really? I would like you to know I have disliked Mr. Trump since the '80s, when he first appeared on my radar. He has never impressed me. He has always been tacky. He has always made my skin crawl. I remember watching him on The Apprentice and laughing at him (not with him, AT him), thinking the whole world was in on the joke. My mistake, because I realize now that many fell for his act. He is not a good business man--he is a decent manipulator. He is fine with making money at the expense of others. He repeatedly shorts contractors who have done work for him, and he's proud of it. He is a money-grubbing tool. I have never, EVER, had a moment where I have been jealous of him. Rethink it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies