U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 04:49 PM

1,993 posts, read 1,142,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
That's what my film school professor told me. He says the market makes it very difficult to get work if you are white, male, or cisgender he said. And I find this surprising cause when it comes to trying sell a motion picture product to the market, most movie audiences don't care who the director is, or know anything about them. They just want to see a good movie.

Plus if try to get job directing a movie, now they can tell that I am a white male, but I would be very surprised if they would ask if me if I was cisgender or not cause you're not allowed to ask that question, and even if they could get away with asking it, I don't think they are going to want any one going around saying that they asked that question when hiring people.

So is it really that big of a thing to worry about as my professor was making it out to be, do you think?
And I had a professor call a sitting president at the time, Barack Obama, a terrorist, that he should be impeached. She also made other comments which were rather nasty.

Just because a professor says it doesn’t make it true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 04:53 PM

1,413 posts, read 273,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Absolutely. There has been a war on straight white males for some time now in our society. How many lead roles do you see featuring straight white masculine males, how many commercials, TV shows, pop culture etc? If anything the straight while masculine male is the "bad guy" these days.

Think about how many various checkbox agendas there are out there these days in hiring. I can promise you a straight white masculine male is at the very bottom. And for the most part, straight white males have let the crazy SJW agendas just run wild with little to no pushback.
Especially in NY and CA

Funny how the insanity is centralized eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
And I had a professor call a sitting president at the time, Barack Obama, a terrorist, that he should be impeached. She also made other comments which were rather nasty.

Just because a professor says it doesn’t make it true.
A rare, honest, prof! GOOD FOR HIM!

After seeing 150k people wanting to see Trump, 30k waiting as much as 45 hours in the rain and heat.

I have never seen anything like this.

The Dem's are in trouble and they know it!

Old 06-23-2019, 10:19 PM

4,873 posts, read 1,546,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Extremely doubtful. Do a Google search for the top 10 highest paid directors: white males.
Okay thanks, I did a search but those directors are already established from before, and are over 40. Where as someone like is just starting out in a new era, compared to when they did, if that makes a huge difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or