U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-21-2019, 12:48 AM
 
29,365 posts, read 15,419,056 times
Reputation: 19968

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
He's been doing that since the 1970s since he was sued by Nixon's DOJ for refusing to rent to black people.
If a lie is repeated enough...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2019, 02:21 AM
 
233 posts, read 93,728 times
Reputation: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
So Anne Coulter got her facts from biased newspaper articles and not the case itself. Clearly she didn't look at the evidence or review the tapes of the accused/convicted/exonerated. Her reporting is reckless and the CP5 should sue her for defamation.

Why did the police coerce and lie? For the same reason they kill people of color on tape and turn around and say they were scared. For the same reason they gave when a military veteran Evert Palmer, Jr voluntarily turned himself into jail for a 2 day stay turned up dead with missing organs and the claims of him being on meth is utterly ridiculous to anyone with a brain. The same reason the police pulled out a gun on an unarmed Phoenix family - RACISM.

For those that are posting that the CP5 is guilty not sure why you want them to be guilty so bad and makes no sense for people to even argue with them. Think of Emmit Till and all of the lynchings and killings that has happened over the centuries since the inception of this country. Until there are more judges, policy makers, schools, and businesses with people of color the struggle will continue.


You're speaking all truths--which is an anathema to many around here (as they won't even bother to read past the first paragraph).

The entire discussion can close now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2019, 02:43 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
2,995 posts, read 1,640,726 times
Reputation: 3459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyguy View Post

You're speaking all truths--which is an anathema to many around here (as they won't even bother to read past the first paragraph).

The entire discussion can close now.
Unfortunately, probably not.

"No one in this world, so far as I know — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the American public.”

-HL MENCKEN, (1926)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2019, 04:32 AM
 
1,220 posts, read 312,193 times
Reputation: 643
The armstrong report

https://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/Armstrong.pdf

And the accounts by the BLACK lead officer in the case:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...713-story.html

Reveal how perverse and twisted this story has become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2019, 04:36 AM
 
5,153 posts, read 1,418,992 times
Reputation: 3181
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Keep in mind that four of them confessed to beating and robbing other victims in the park that night.

When you go around robbing and severely beating people in a park, I don't feel all that bad when your are accidentally convicted of another attack in the same park the same night.
Yep!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2019, 04:45 AM
 
1,220 posts, read 312,193 times
Reputation: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Were the friends and acquaintances also "coerced by violence"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
So Anne Coulter got her facts from biased newspaper articles and not the case itself. Clearly she didn't look at the evidence or review the tapes of the accused/convicted/exonerated. Her reporting is reckless and the CP5 should sue her for defamation.

Why did the police coerce and lie? For the same reason they kill people of color on tape and turn around and say they were scared. For the same reason they gave when a military veteran Evert Palmer, Jr voluntarily turned himself into jail for a 2 day stay turned up dead with missing organs and the claims of him being on meth is utterly ridiculous to anyone with a brain. The same reason the police pulled out a gun on an unarmed Phoenix family - RACISM.

For those that are posting that the CP5 is guilty not sure why you want them to be guilty so bad and makes no sense for people to even argue with them. Think of Emmit Till and all of the lynchings and killings that has happened over the centuries since the inception of this country. Until there are more judges, policy makers, schools, and businesses with people of color the struggle will continue.

I guess its escaped your people of color victimized by white devils mantra...THAT THE LEAD OFFICER IN THE CASE WHO INITIALLY ARRESTED AND QUESTIONED THREE OF THE SUSPECTS WAS BLACK?

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...713-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2019, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
22,878 posts, read 16,258,735 times
Reputation: 12794
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If a lie is repeated enough...
Where’s the lie?

Are you suggesting that Trump wasn’t sued for housing discrimination in 1973?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2019, 09:45 AM
 
15,402 posts, read 7,871,041 times
Reputation: 7988
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That was bad luck for the 5. Four self hating or ignorant black people and 4 self-hating or ignorant Latino people on the jury, along with the four racist white people.

Actually that's the truth. I've been called for jury duty before and have never been tasked with being on one at all, neither has my husband. I know a lot of lawyers and have been told that juries often don't pick certain types of people who have a certain type of background and especially those who do not trust the police or legal system in general.

I don't lie about the fact that I don't fully trust police. Many Americans, especially in 1990 had a more favorable view of police than I did. I was only 11 in 1990 but in 1989 a police officer pointed a gun at me and threatened to put me in prison after they'd attacked my father, who I walking with to the store, out of the blue. I was shocked and tried to help him and they basically threatened to kill me and imprison me. After that, I never saw them as "good guys" like a lot of naive people automatically do. I think they are a combination of good and bad, but juries are not just picked off of voter rolls. You have to go through a process and questioning and if they don't like the answer to your questions, prosecutors can remove you from consideration on juries. I've been 3 times and never picked for a jury. Once I admitted I think the criminal justice system is the last "system" that is heavily influenced by racism and racial bias and after answering the question I was magically let go from duty lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2019, 09:51 AM
 
15,402 posts, read 7,871,041 times
Reputation: 7988
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
I guess its escaped your people of color victimized by white devils mantra...THAT THE LEAD OFFICER IN THE CASE WHO INITIALLY ARRESTED AND QUESTIONED THREE OF THE SUSPECTS WAS BLACK?

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...713-story.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
The armstrong report

https://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/Armstrong.pdf

And the accounts by the BLACK lead officer in the case:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...713-story.html

Reveal how perverse and twisted this story has become.
What is the big deal to you about officers involved being black? I'm black and feel black officers are often many times worse in regards to racial bias against black people than white officers. Of all the negative encounters I've had with officers over my 40 years, the worst ones actually were black officers.

All black people are not the same contrary to what you may believe. Some actually do have negative biases of black people and they think they are "special" kinds of black people because they buy into racist views of African Americans.

The murder of Scott Walker was initially partially covered up by a black officer in SC. He was a coon, self hating negro probably just like the ones involved in this coverup in NYC. There is not a shortage of them in LE. The most negative incident I ever had with police, which occurred when I lived in Atlanta involved two black officers. I actually had to go to court to get exonerated from charges they filed on me without cause (charges were dismissed). I sued the PD and got a settlement and my lawyer told me flat out that if they had been white officers I would have got 10 times more money. I just wanted enough to cover the expenses of my unlawful incarceration and towing of my vehicle and a little extra for the trauma they gave my son (they killed our dog in front of him as well). I got less than 10k but my lawyer admitted we could have got almost a million if the officers had been white. I also made sure they got marks on their records for their atrocious conduct. I worry they are still out harassing people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2019, 11:44 AM
 
3,116 posts, read 6,833,192 times
Reputation: 1543
phinneas j. whoopee,

No one said anything about white people being devils but you!
People of color have been victimized since the inception of this country, that isn't fiction that is a fact. Do you understand how many bad cops there were at that time? Their race were nonfactors and to put black people in jail has always been a priority. Why would a black cop go along with police coercion or brutality - job security + their cop code.

Who knows what the friends and family knew or if they were threatened? How do you explain that no other DNA was a match other than the victim and Reyes? Why would Reyes confess what did he benefit from this? Was the DNA wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top