U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:29 AM

7,801 posts, read 2,269,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
This pretty much sums it.

If someone I love was brutally murdered, it would not satisfy me that the wrong person was convicted. That simply is not justice. How it could satisfy anyone else is beyond me.

The fact that someone could be confronted with the evidence that the people punished were innocent of the crime all along, and still could not admit that they should be exonerated is baffling. It seems as if Trump's world famous pride gets in the way of his ability to admit he erred.

Trump should take out a full page ad acknowledging his mistake and retracting his earlier stance. It would be good for his soul. Of course, we all know that would never happen.
Brett Kavanaugh says Hi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 10:32 AM

26,551 posts, read 19,016,439 times
Quote:
This pretty much sums it. Good point. In fact the perpetrator was caught for committing other crimes that might not have happened if the case had been handled properly.

If someone I love was brutally murdered, it would not satisfy me that the wrong person was convicted. That simply is not justice. How it could satisfy anyone else is beyond me.

The fact that someone could be confronted with the evidence that the people punished were innocent of the crime all along, and still could not admit that they should be exonerated is baffling. It seems as if Trump's world famous pride gets in the way of his ability to admit he erred.

Trump should take out a full page ad acknowledging his mistake and retracting his earlier stance. It would be good for his soul. Of course, we all know that would never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Brett Kavanaugh says Hi.

well done

Old 06-19-2019, 10:41 AM

78,749 posts, read 33,503,872 times
Quote:
This pretty much sums it. Good point. In fact the perpetrator was caught for committing other crimes that might not have happened if the case had been handled properly.

I'm not sure he has a soul.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Brett Kavanaugh says Hi.
This is what I said about Kavanaugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't care much for the guy but neither is reason enough to not confirm him. I could find manympast rulings that would lead me to vote no but neither of these would make a difference.
(SPeaking about past accusations)

What say you about Trump admitting he was wrong? Will you hide behind the words of others?

Old 06-19-2019, 10:50 AM

7,161 posts, read 1,600,479 times
Fact: Donald Trump paid $80K to take out a full-page ad in the newspaper. He called for NY to bring back the death penalty for four teenagers (two of which were just 14 years old).

Fact: The Central Park Five were fully exonerated and the city of New York paid $41,000,000 to the men for their mistake.

The statements above are true, they cannot be refuted or argued.

YESTERDAY: Fully aware of the news that the men he had said deserved the death penalty had been exonerated after a serial rapist & murderer had confessed to the crimes and DNA evidence confirmed it, Donald Trump yesterday REFUSED to apologize or acknowledge that the boys he said deserved the death penalty were innocent.

City-Data Trump supporters....any opinions on this?

1,810 posts, read 3,279,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Trump has always been incapable of admitting wrong. This is no different.
Yes, he is incapable. It's the narcissistic personality disorder. I'm somewhat of an expert on that subject, due to the misfortune of having a close family member (now deceased) with NPD. They never, ever admit blame.

7,801 posts, read 2,269,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is what I said about Kavanaugh.

(SPeaking about past accusations)

What say you about Trump admitting he was wrong? Will you hide behind the words of others?
no offense but what you said has no bearing. Those who had bearing were those voting on his confirmation. But I think it's great you're willing to apologize.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:52 AM

22,252 posts, read 9,457,094 times
Quote:
Brett Kavanaugh says Hi.
How much time did frat boy sit in jail? How many years did those kids sit in jail?

How is this related in any way to the topic?

Old 06-19-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
no offense but what you said has no bearing. Those who had bearing were those voting on his confirmation. But I think it's great you're willing to apologize.
I asked you. You are hiding behind the words of others. What Trump did and never apologized for happened years before the Kavanaugh issue so it's not even a valid issue. If anything one can argue the opposite.

P.S. I had nothing to apologize for but I have no problem doing so if I am wrong.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:01 AM

16,204 posts, read 18,666,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Fact: Donald Trump paid $80K to take out a full-page ad in the newspaper. He called for NY to bring back the death penalty for four teenagers (two of which were just 14 years old).

Fact: The Central Park Five were fully exonerated and the city of New York paid $41,000,000 to the men for their mistake.

The statements above are true, they cannot be refuted or argued.

YESTERDAY: Fully aware of the news that the men he had said deserved the death penalty had been exonerated after a serial rapist & murderer had confessed to the crimes and DNA evidence confirmed it, Donald Trump yesterday REFUSED to apologize or acknowledge that the boys he said deserved the death penalty were innocent.

City-Data Trump supporters....any opinions on this?
Trump knows that if he apologize, it's and admitting that he is guilty and he is wrong. Trump won't apologize to a mob of people. Even though facts show otherwise. And if trump apologize the mobs or social justice activist, black feminist and pro blacks will not be accepted.

I'm no trump supporters, nor a fan of trump, and I don't hate him either. trump should invite all men to the white house and apolgize, also show how he is trying to implement criminal justice reform, and have the men implement ideas.l for changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or