U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2019, 12:26 PM
 
26,624 posts, read 19,039,583 times
Reputation: 14238

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I had dinner with a couple of my ex-girlfriends from the '60s last year. We spent some time reminiscing about the old days. As one of them said, "God yes, we f***ed like bunnies." Having sex was as common as shaking hands. I'm not going to recount the things we were into, but the average 20 year old today would be shocked.

Every once in a while I meet the grandkids of girls I knew back then, but I never tell. There would be no point. Every generation has to invent sex for itself. The current sexual milieu is more gender fluid than we were back then, but I don't think the average youngster is as adventurous.
i'm not so sure they'd be shocked. 'hooking up' is quite common amongst 20 year olds these days.

 
Old 06-19-2019, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Myrtle Creek, Oregon
12,233 posts, read 12,495,497 times
Reputation: 19379
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'm not so sure they'd be shocked. 'hooking up' is quite common amongst 20 year olds these days.
But would they know how a can of aerosol whipped cream can be used as an ice breaker between a dozen naked people at a party?
 
Old 06-19-2019, 12:30 PM
 
3,479 posts, read 952,635 times
Reputation: 1463
Hmmm. Couldn't part of the fact that there is porn everywhere be due to having so many more ways to easily serve it up these days?

Porn is not new. There are cave drawings depicting it and plenty of examples throughout history. Not saying I like it in any way at all, but I don't think it's all just because of the sexual revolution in the sense you are asserting.
 
Old 06-19-2019, 12:39 PM
 
Location: 125 Years Too Late...
10,869 posts, read 10,564,737 times
Reputation: 9528
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
I believe it did. Porn is everywhere. Some people are unaware that actual necrophilia porn is very legal in the US. Porn is evil and powerful men and women don't care.

I wish it never entered my life. I have a very negative opinion of women now. And there are many men just like me as a result. What is your opinion on the matter?
Not in total. That was just one of many factors.
 
Old 06-19-2019, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Planet earth
3,317 posts, read 1,317,806 times
Reputation: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
I believe it did. Porn is everywhere. Some people are unaware that actual necrophilia porn is very legal in the US. Porn is evil and powerful men and women don't care.

I wish it never entered my life. I have a very negative opinion of women now. And there are many men just like me as a result. What is your opinion on the matter?

Porn is NOT bad when done by consenting adults and viewed by choice by adults. If you have a problem with smoking, the solution is to not smoke, not to demand others not smoke. If you have a problem with porn, don't watch porn. It isn't rocket surgery!
 
Old 06-19-2019, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Planet earth
3,317 posts, read 1,317,806 times
Reputation: 1115
Sexual deviation was one of many ideas to come out of the Frankfort School (school of social theory and philosophy, also known as the school of Marxism) as a part of cultural Marxism. Cultural Marxism has another name, political correctness. Bill Lind has a couple excellent videos showing how it was achieved and where it all started. Search YouTube for Bill Lind and political correctness. That should explain a lot of things.


But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.
 
Old 06-19-2019, 01:27 PM
 
1,686 posts, read 412,134 times
Reputation: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Sexual deviation was one of many ideas to come out of the Frankfort School (school of social theory and philosophy, also known as the school of Marxism) as a part of cultural Marxism. Cultural Marxism has another name, political correctness. Bill Lind has a couple excellent videos showing how it was achieved and where it all started. Search YouTube for Bill Lind and political correctness. That should explain a lot of things.


But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.
And there's some new terms who appeared like "sexaholism" who mean addiction to sex and some folks created for those addicted to sex and porn a mouvement similar to the Alcoholics Anynymous called "Sexaholics Anonymous". https://www.sa.org

Btw, any ideas on how we should return the favor the the Frankfort School?
 
Old 06-19-2019, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland area
277 posts, read 98,475 times
Reputation: 113
Although, Satan is correct and most women and men belong rotting in there coffins until there souls become less than dust. I don't, and have become perfect in Christ because I worship Jesus Christ and never sin. I hope they enjoy it..
 
Old 06-19-2019, 01:31 PM
 
40,107 posts, read 24,350,113 times
Reputation: 12619
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
Although, Satan is correct and most women and men belong rotting in there coffins until there souls become less than dust. I don't, and have become perfect in Christ because I worship Jesus Christ and never sin. I hope they enjoy it..
I don't think porn is your problem.
 
Old 06-19-2019, 01:48 PM
 
419 posts, read 85,690 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
IDK about that, eventually they are going to get tired of only looking/watching and want the real thing.

I remember liking war movies when I was a kid. But they didn't make me want to go off to war. I like watching movies about climbing mountains - but I'm NOT doing it. And vampire movies don't give me the urge to suck people's blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top