Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 12:58 PM

18,423 posts, read 15,163,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
150? No doubt a fellow fan...

Have you seen the "Long Strange Trip" documentary? Coincidentally, after I started this thread yesterday morning, my wife surprised me with the documentary just last night, as part of exploring our 30-day free trial with Amazon Prime. Not available through Netflix. I've been waiting about two years to see this, and I'm already enjoying it at least as much as I hoped I would.

I thought the "greatest hits" bit was where the comparison really falls apart the most. The Dead weren't about "greatest hits" or even about catering to expectations. They played songs you could recognize of course, but always with a free style that made every show unique. Much as also explained in the documentary...
I have been meaning to see it since it came out, but still haven’t gotten around to it. Maybe this thread will inspire me.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:00 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,457,687 times
Quote:
It isn't the size of the crowd that matters most. It's the people in the crowd and what draws them. No "classy" candidate is going to draw the kinds of crowds that Trump does. That's a fact...
Obama did against McCain.

https://img.apmcdn.org/9665dd0f0520c...828-obama4.jpg

Busted yet again. Face it. You are in denial. Just making up BS as you go along.

And unlike Obama, Trump's rallies are getting larger.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:01 PM

18,423 posts, read 15,163,092 times
Quote:
"Truckin' " was another of their hits that didn't make the top 10 but got lots of airplay. Interesting that for many Dead heads, "Truckin' was a bit of a less appreciated anomaly. Too mainstream as compared to most music far better appreciated by Dead fans.

Trump has so many "hits" like the few you list, one begins to wonder if there is any end. Sadly it seems the answer is no...
I don't know where it fell on the charts, but I think most people know Casey Jones too.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Some people just cannot accept actual facts. ...
What part of most watched TV show on ABC that night escapes you?

What part of 2nd most watched TV show on ALL Broadcast networks for that night during Prime Time escapes you?

If this is a "ratings disaster" as the idiot from Politico characterizes it, then I suspect that ABC, CBS, FOX & NBC are soon to be out of business.

You guys are beyond ridiculous in denial of the obvious.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:20 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,889,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Never was a Dead Head. Too commercial.

That said, Jerry Garcia was a damn fine musician. He could play with any group. I found him playing roots and blue grass. How can any body compare them to Trump?
Yeah very few people would classify the Grateful Dead as 'too commercial'.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:22 PM

29,398 posts, read 9,574,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama did against McCain.

https://img.apmcdn.org/9665dd0f0520c...828-obama4.jpg

Busted yet again. Face it. You are in denial. Just making up BS as you go along.

And unlike Obama, Trump's rallies are getting larger.
Funny...

I guess you didn't understand my comment. I didn't mean that a classy candidate couldn't draw the same SIZE crowd as Trump. My emphasis was on "the people in the crowd and what draws them!" Much like the comparison of Dead fans to Trump fans. Does not compute!

Of course Obama got huge crowds? Hello?!?

Yet again with you and your "gotcha" games. "Busted?" For what you say? You're just embarrassing yourself. If I were you I'd chock up another "win," but frankly, if I were you, I'd give all that immature nonsense a rest already.

I've never made up any BS when it comes to Trump, but if I ever do by accident, you should please do all of us the favor to be specific. Then too I might be able to help you understand a bit better what you're missing...

Old 06-20-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Funny...

I guess you didn't understand my comment. I didn't mean that a classy candidate couldn't draw the same SIZE crowd as Trump. My emphasis was on "the people in the crowd and what draws them!" Much like the comparison of Dead fans to Trump fans. Does not compute!

Of course Obama got huge crowds? Hello?!?

Yet again with you and your "gotcha" games. "Busted?" For what you say? You're just embarrassing yourself. If I were you I'd chock up another "win," but frankly, if I were you, I'd give all that immature nonsense a rest already.

I've never made up any BS when it comes to Trump, but if I ever do by accident, you should please do all of us the favor to be specific. Then too I might be able to help you understand a bit better what you're missing...

Your topic has backfired on you. But you don't need to get so angry about it.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
What part of most watched TV show on ABC that night escapes you?

What part of 2nd most watched TV show on ALL Broadcast networks for that night during Prime Time escapes you?

If this is a "ratings disaster" as the idiot from Politico characterizes it, then I suspect that ABC, CBS, FOX & NBC are soon to be out of business.

You guys are beyond ridiculous in denial of the obvious.
You're embarrassing yourself again! Pst, I'm trying to help you here. Normally I could care less what sort of ratings Trump might get on ABC that particular night, but after you making a big deal about this, I got curious and had a look see myself...

Hannity Celebrates Low Ratings for Trump’s Big ABC Interview: ‘That Is Humiliating!’

‘Oh, by the way, the lowest ratings EVER for his hour special,’ the pro-Trump host exclaimed. ‘Our phone interviews with Donald Trump rated higher!’

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hannit...is-humiliating

Who's in denial you say?

Old 06-20-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah very few people would classify the Grateful Dead as 'too commercial'.
Few as in one so far that I know of...

Old 06-20-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Your topic has backfired on you. But you don't need to get so angry about it.
Backfired and angry now too you say?

Earth to Waldo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies