U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2019, 04:22 PM
 
26,552 posts, read 19,023,480 times
Reputation: 14207

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Why don't you read the article. If you have particular questions then, I'll try and explain.
i can't. used up all my free Bloomberg articles for the month.

since we still print books in the USA i find it difficult to believe that 'the material needed is not in America.'

exactly which materials do we not have? ink? paper?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2019, 04:54 PM
 
3,740 posts, read 1,801,884 times
Reputation: 3756
Why can't they just change the type of paper?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 04:58 PM
 
10,716 posts, read 4,012,675 times
Reputation: 5213
Most people that I know, including most people at my church, use a Bible app on their smartphones.

Beyond that, most people have Bibles who are interested in having them. Even for those people who want a hard copy Bible, they can be printed and published virtually anywhere.

We are not going to run out of Bibles. That is a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 05:09 PM
 
6,649 posts, read 6,826,035 times
Reputation: 10029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Most people that I know, including most people at my church, use a Bible app on their smartphones.

Beyond that, most people have Bibles who are interested in having them. Even for those people who want a hard copy Bible, they can be printed and published virtually anywhere.

We are not going to run out of Bibles. That is a fact.

I have 5 Bibles, myself, and I'm not even religious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 05:10 PM
 
38,086 posts, read 14,885,535 times
Reputation: 24523
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Why don't you read the article. If you have particular questions then, I'll try and explain.
Dare to dream.

We've been encouraging folks to read the article, read the report, ...

Do they ever do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 05:12 PM
 
6,649 posts, read 6,826,035 times
Reputation: 10029
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Dare to dream.

We've been encouraging folks to read the article, read the report, ...

Do they ever do that?

Why do that when you can get a soundbite synopsis from a talking head? One that shares your biases, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 05:14 PM
 
Location: CasaMo
15,481 posts, read 7,501,628 times
Reputation: 16848
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
you can buy bibles in the thrift store for a dollar .. God Bless You
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Made in China.
The bibles available in a thrift store are already in the domestic US and won't be subject to any tariffs, normstad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 05:30 PM
 
10,716 posts, read 4,012,675 times
Reputation: 5213
Here are links to free Bible apps for Android and Apple smartphones. Both have numerous different versions of the Bible.

Free Android Bible app

Free Apple Bible app.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 05:33 PM
 
4,323 posts, read 879,019 times
Reputation: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i can't. used up all my free Bloomberg articles for the month.

since we still print books in the USA i find it difficult to believe that 'the material needed is not in America.'

exactly which materials do we not have? ink? paper?
I outlined the quote in the OP what the issue is. The paper needed is not produced in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 05:35 PM
 
6,722 posts, read 6,599,126 times
Reputation: 2386
Some made-in-China stuff has the best quality. This is just a tip of the iceberg.
However, many of them are not necessary just like bibles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top