Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2019, 08:33 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I will always consider a statement like this ridiculous. What is it that people never seen to get? People of European and Asian origins are more similar in their work habits, family structure, and overall desires in life. This can include some of the immigrants from south of the border but almost none brought as slaves and their descendants. Americans keep trying to wipe away very deep differences in its population, and just digs itself deeper into the racial divide.
Not really. The religions of Africans brought as slaves were more similar to Asians, as their religious practices dictated much regarding their lifestyles. Islam had significant hold in Asia and Africa and a significant portion of those brought as slaves were Muslim (up to 30 percent). Therefore, African Muslims brought as slaves were more similar to their Asian Muslim counterparts in terms of family structures, dietary habits, work habits and life goals. They were often literate, which is why writing was forbidden among African slaves. (See the Male Islamic slave rebellion in Brazil). It was West Africa (specifically Mali) that was the center of learning for the Islamic world for some time. A number of slaves shared more similarities with their Muslim counterparts in West and South Asia than Europeans.

For the non-Muslims, many Africans practiced orisha religion, which is far more similar to Hinduism than Protestant Christianity in the U.S. Additionally, there were more commonalities in terms of familial living arrangements, marriage arrangement and other traditional cultural practices among Africans and Asians.

The issue is that those brought as slaves had their entire cultures destroyed during slavery, which why the above cannot be seen among their descendants today.

Also I wouldn’t compare the work habits of many Europeans descendants in the US to that of Asians, considering that Africans performed so much of the labor. Asians, like Africans, learned how to work their own lands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 08:45 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
A lot of people used to say that non-British Isles people were killing our culture - and even then they called the Irish inferior or at best "Papist". Yet the US became a world power AFTER the Anglo-Saxon-Scots-Welsh fell below 50% of the population.
And now, being Irish is considered a matter of pride. St. Patrick's Day is considered a day for everyone "To Be Irish For A Day".

Old 07-06-2019, 11:09 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
"When I was a child I ate as a child, I spoke as a child, but when I grew up I put away childish things" (KJV)

I made a friend on c-d in 08; she and I have been friends visiting with one another, ever since. She lives in Germany and has cautioned the dangers of patriotism and has a keen sense on the true heroes within our countries ... our communities. Certainly there can be a keen understanding of her views and how they came to be.

In my home growing up was my father and his influence. He was a man of honor, of principle and promise in that of the keeping of his word, when he gave it. He served in the military during the Korean war ... because he was also a man of country, he put his heart and soul into his service doing so out of love.

That is how it was I came to be as I was; then I grew up and as I continued to learn the complications of truth, my views became more inline with those of my friend's who lives in Germany, even before she and I met.
Some one said this in another post in another thread; a statement that has been said before as I have heard it before, "Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing…after they have exhausted all other possibilities."

I use to think that was an accurate statement, but I don't any more, because for the u.s. to do the right thing, they have to, eventually see it within reason and the unreasonable seems to rule the day.

Nationalism in a country in which its inhabitants hasn't ancestral ties to it, beyond that of the generation of peoples who came to be here to live in this land, is way beyond my comprehension on how that can be reasoned when common sense should oppose that idea.

People are interesting and they keep it interesting, to say the least ...

Couldn't rep you again.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-10-2019, 02:42 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
There have been 74 murders in London so far this year.
The overwhelming majority of victims have been black or recently arrived ethnic minorities.
It's unlikely they have been killed by white Londoners.
Multiculturalism has brought violence and fear to the housing projects of this great city.
There is a gang and drug culture infested with casual violence that didn't exist on this scale in London 30 years ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-police.html

Old 07-10-2019, 10:25 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
The overwhelming majority of victims have been black or recently arrived ethnic minorities.
Multiculturalism has brought violence and fear to the housing projects of this great city.
There is a gang and drug culture infested with casual violence that didn't exist on this scale in London 30 years ago.

'part and parcel'?

Old 07-11-2019, 03:24 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,112 times
I'm not really convinced that the US is really a multicultural society on anything but a small scale. Multiethnic or multiracial doesn't necessarily equal multicultural.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:51 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I'm not really convinced that the US is really a multicultural society on anything but a small scale. Multiethnic or multiracial doesn't necessarily equal multicultural.
Exactly! The multi-cultural advocates are mistaken. We have an identifying culture and language with minority cultures living among us that doesn't make us multi-cultural per se.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post

The London murder rate is now up to 105.
The total number of London murders, excluding victims of terrorism, has shot up by 38 per cent since 2014.
The overwhelming majority of victims and perpetrators have been black or recently arrived ethnic minorities.
Among the latest

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a4232011.html

Here are just some of the names of the other deceased.

Abdullahi Hassan
Akbar Arizo
Kwasi Mensah-Ababio
Yusuf Mohamed
Gleb Stanislavovitch Zhebrovsky
Cheyon Evans
Ismaila Ceesay
Junior Urugbezi-Edwards
Tashaun Aird

Henriett Szucs
Gopinath Kasivisuwanathan
Noore Bashir Salad
Calvin Bungisa
Zahir Visiter
Ramane Richard Wiggan
Ravi Katharkamar
Abdirashid Mohamoud
Ayub Hassan
Laureline Garcia-Bertaux
David Lopez-Fernandez
Kamali Gabbidon-Lynck
Bright Akinlele
Lejean Richards
Nedim Bilgin
Kamil Malysz
Asma Begum
Sarah Ashraf
Simbiso Aretha Moula

And here's multi-culturalism in action in all its glory on the streets of London.

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/...92182916489216

Old 09-12-2019, 03:32 PM

Today's multi-cultural victim.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4235541.html

Old 09-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
NYC is multicultural, it's a sea of brown that surrounds an island of white, ie Manhattan. Liberals advocate for diversity, but not in their neighborhoods.
Manhattan is 65%, 25% Hispanic, 18% black and and 12% Asian

There are very few conservative areas that even come close to that.

But lets be real, Manhattan has 2 million people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies