Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2019, 08:51 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You keep willfully ignoring the financing options.

1. Black tax dollars can simply be redirected from the general fund to a reparations bucket, like social security is done.

2. America is a debtor nation. We currently have a 22 trillion dollar debt. That means nobody really has to pay anything.....we just borrow the money and spend it. Hence, borrow the money for reparations, which cost whites NOTHING, because the money will probably come from China... That debt will then be paid down through the tax receipts taken from African Americans.

3. It does not matter how its financed......what whites really want is CONTROL to say NO.....even if it cost them NOTHING.....they still want to act as MASTERS over the fate of black people.

Bold/blue IMO is true and harkens to what I stated above - that the culture of white supremacy is longstanding in America. That culture has always wanted to control and act as masters of black people in this nation or be some sort of god to us (trying to tell us what to do).

That is the reason why I actually don't support government run/funded reparations and if it was ever done would rather any/all funds be diverted to a black run organization outside of government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2019, 09:00 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I always just wonder why people ask these types of questions. Should all blacks in Africa feel badly about themselves for living there? Why so much putting down of other people's lifestyles and heritage? And have you ever visited, or just believe what the media feeds to you? This doesn't mean I'm defending reparations because I'm not, neither do I believe all that much has been gained in the race chaos caused by U.S. slavery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Are there any American blacks who would be better off today if their forebears had never left Africa? Would they willingly trade places with any black living in Africa? Slavery ended more than a century and a half ago, reparations are a ludicrous demand.
It may be because they are ignorant and biased? Ask these same people why someone doesn't feel happy that some monster has stopped beating and abusing them after 25 years of torture.

"Why the sour face, I would think you'd be happy about this? Aren't you better off now? You should be thanking me." Maybe it is just all about dishonest thinking.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:03 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Bold/blue IMO is true and harkens to what I stated above - that the culture of white supremacy is longstanding in America. That culture has always wanted to control and act as masters of black people in this nation or be some sort of god to us (trying to tell us what to do).

That is the reason why I actually don't support government run/funded reparations and if it was ever done would rather any/all funds be diverted to a black run organization outside of government.

Yes, WS is alive and well and most of its believers are not even cognizant that such is their beliefs. Most of what anyone believes is embedded in their subconscious and most people are not in touch with their subconscious, only their conscious. If a persons parents were racist, making negative remarks directly and indirectly about black people, around their young kids, those kids (as grown adults today) are probably subconsciously racist, even if they are not consciously racist. They may be liberal or conservative. The liberal may simply try to overcompensate for their racism by doing the opposite behavior, while the conservative simply finds contemporary reasons to justify why his or her parents believed what the believed. If they don't find justification, by finding reason to think negatively of blacks, then they are forced to think negatively of their parents.

Reparations is NEVER going to happen. NEVER. It's nice to have the conversation so that society can "connect" the dots between history and today, as it relates to the black condition. Disconnecting the dots creates foundation for seeing blacks as INFERIOR by our nature and hence our inferior condition born from our inferior nature, as opposed to how this society has treated us.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:21 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
You obviously know little about human nature. The issue is not simply if you come from a poor family, but whether your entire community is a poor community. A poor family raised around middle class people will have a much better chance of becoming middle class than a poor family in a poor community. This is basic social science. Its about probabilities. The probabilities of human nature is that humans will naturally reproduce their social class, because that is how their environment trains them.

It takes a lot more concentrated effort to go from being poor to middle class than to for a person born into the middle class to remain their, unless the economic means for the communities status changes in the economy.
Excuses, excuses.

My parents' ENTIRE communities were poor. They grew up in impoverished Jewish homes in the 30s and 40s, never took "relief," and ended up as college graduates. I know that many liberals HATE to hear how people from poor homes, with uneducated parents, made the right decisions and moved to middle class respectability in a single generation. Anyone can do it who has the brains, motivation, and the correct values instilled by their own parents and community.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:26 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
That is not for you to worry about. If black tax dollars are redirected for such a purpose....how are YOU being punished? Besides, the government can borrow the money just like it borrows now, which is why there is almost a 22 trillion dollar debt. It can simply add a reparation debt on top of that 22 trillion, to be paid from the taxes of African Americans. That way you don't have a dam thing justify your opposition....but racism.
YOure accusing ME of racism while you say how much your respect Farrakhan's group?! That's rich.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Excuses, excuses.

My parents' ENTIRE communities were poor. They grew up in impoverished Jewish homes in the 30s and 40s, never took "relief," and ended up as college graduates. I know that many liberals HATE to hear how people from poor homes, with uneducated parents, made the right decisions and moved to middle class respectability in a single generation. Anyone can do it who has the brains, motivation, and the correct values instilled by their own parents and community.

Reasons...Reasons!

There are black people who have risen from slavery....and became successful. Jewish people did NOT have the experience that black people did and blacks did not have the experience that Jewish people did. Different time and circumstances. You want me to believe that Jewish people, given the exact same scenario of the black circumstance, would be BETTER than black people today. I think that if blacks had the Jewish experience, we would be in the same position as Jews. I believe if the Jewish had the black experience, they would be in the same position as blacks.

Here is the thing about Jews. You COME from within the system of whites and western civilization. You mastered that system and became renowned as "Money Lenders", which allowed your accent as a people within the system. Yes, you were persecuted and oppressed.....but not to the degree that they did not allow you to become the money lenders and control banks and financing in the Western system. Maybe gentiles resented this and sought your persecution....but when they persecuted you they did not strip that knowledge of the western system from you. Blacks were NEVER connected to Western Civilization and how it works, prior to our persecution and oppression. We did not know how the system work and we could not simply change our names and not where a beanie so that people did not know that we were "black". Jewish people are white people who can CHOOSE to blend in or out of whiteness. To escape persecution, you can blend into whiteness by simply changing your names and not showing your religion.

Old 04-30-2019, 11:10 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Well....nothing is going to change without financing. When I say check, I am talking about a check written for each black family or individual. That is how most people see reparations......every black descendant of Americans enslaved getting a personal check. That would not be wise on so many levels, and there are other means besides a check in every individual.

That having been said, psychologist need to examine how centuries of slavery and racial oppression has impacted African Americans. You need to bring in, to the degree that its possible, unbiased trained professional in behavioral and social science. Rarely do you see psychologist solicited to help understand or explain black behavior and culture. What did living under a system of white supremacy, for over 3 centuries, do to the mindset of black people, who were relegated to be treated as and seen, under the system, as the most inferior of the races?

The legacy of racial oppression is accrued in the culture of African Americans. The reason that African immigrants can come to America and do so much better than African Americans is due to the fact that their culture has not been infected by racial oppression to the degree that descendants of enslaved Americans have. Hence, reparations could be mostly money spent on social engineering a more self confident culture among African Americans. How you do that is not in my pay grade to decide, but it certainly is not going to happen by suggestion. It will require monies and most importantly, TARGETED effort aimed specifically at African Americans, not a one size fits all program for women, LGBTQ, minorities and whales. Blacks were TARGETED into this situation and hence has to be, as specifically, TARGETED out of the situation.

Again....all that having been said. America will not invest in what it feels is an inferior race of people. Note how the west invest differently in Asia....as opposed to Africa. They invest in Asia....and give handout to Africa, with relatively little Foreign Direct Investment. Africans are for aid.....Asians are for investment. It's the same black inferiority mindset.
I would not be opposed to seeing something like the bolded type of research funded by govt funds.

There is recent research that trauma can alter DNA and be passed down physically for some number of as yet unknown generations.

Old 04-30-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I would not be opposed to seeing something like the bolded type of research funded by govt funds.

There is recent research that trauma can alter DNA and be passed down physically for some number of as yet unknown generations.

Yes...via epigenetics...but not only by that means of transmission, but also by what is transmitted via being raised by traumatized parents. What does that teach the children? What types of behaviors are learned from people who have been traumatized and does that behavior, in mass, become "culture", when the trauma last over centuries?

Old 04-30-2019, 12:16 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,974 times
Quote:
Were they robbed of their culture, their names, their religion....their foundation as a people? Those were different times, as well. If blacks were put in their situation (time and space), then, we would have done as they did. If Jews were put in the situation of blacks (time and space), they would have become as we have. There are no superior races!!!

If you want to break down a people, you dismantle their foundation (their culture, their religion, their identity) and condition them to believe in their own inferiority.
So, you say that if you will put two different people through the same inbreeding and than put them in the same situation, they will behave the same?
Because I have numerous examples of the opposite.

Old 04-30-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
So, you say that if you will put two different people through the same inbreeding and than put them in the same situation, they will behave the same?
Because I have numerous examples of the opposite.

Well then you believe that some races are inherently superior or inferior to others. That is not a new belief....and there is a term for it. You just don't want to accept the label.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies