Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2019, 07:13 AM

18,417 posts, read 15,145,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not at all. Government programs did start in the 1930s and were largely inaccessible to non-whites until the 1960s. How are you not aware of that?

How Today’s White Middle Class Was Made Possible By Welfare - In These Times

Now you decide to ask. Immigration laws should be enforced but not conveniently and in a biased manner. I will leave it at that for now because that’s a huge discussion.
I see the problem. Because you are a new immigrant, you think in much more recent terms than I do. You think that all these white people came after the 1930’s. Sure, some did. The vast majority came long before that. My ancestors came in 1840 on my fathers side and 1880s on my mothers side, so while relatively new, I was not thinking in such recent terms. But you notice how the immigration laws became very restrictive only during and after the 1930s? That is because of social services, which were enacted largely due to the Great Depression.

Again, if you are not for open borders, who do you propose we restrict?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 07:15 AM

8,817 posts, read 4,472,908 times
It is a mistake to posit that there is any debt owed by all white people to all black people. There is no such debt. It is another mistake to put forth the idea that the white middle class was created by welfare. It is also a mistake to think that black people would be better off if the were suddenly given huge amounts of $$s. Recent history proves otherwise.

Three strikes and you're out.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:15 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,492,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No. All the evidence tell us that white-on-black rape in America is far less common than other categories of rape. White men rarely ever rape black women.
I think you're missing the point. Many men would push the envelope and do whatever they wanted as long as it was legal. The minute legislation made it a crime, those 'law-abiding' white men stopped taking advantage of the system - and stopped taking advantage of black women.

It's a completely different mindset of a criminal, so you cannot compare what happened before this became law, with criminal statistics.

And by the way - many of the white men doing this - were cops.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:30 AM

15,068 posts, read 6,121,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I see the problem. Because you are a new immigrant, you think that all these white people came after the 1930’s. Sure, some did. The vast majority came long before that. My ancestors came in 1840 on my fathers side and 1880s on my mothers side, so while relatively new, I was not thinking in such recent terms. But you notice how the immigration laws became very restrictive only during and after the 1930s? That is because of social services, which were enacted largely due to the Great Depression.

Again, if you are not for open borders, who do you propose we restrict?
No, not saying that they came after the 1930s. Obviously the majority were here and able to take advantage of the programs. Those government social programs were geared toward them and were largely racial exclusive. Both immigration and government social programs became huge issues that many whites opposed only when true accessibility was afforded to non-whites.

So all the angry cries about handouts, reparations etc are amusing at best. The cries are only after the white middle class was birthed by government welfare programs, as pointed out in the article.

Immigration also became such huge issue when it came to non-whites. Exclusionary legislation passed in the 1800s while whites were coming in droves. It wasn’t until the 1960s that those exclusionary laws were deemed illegal. With the influx of others, certain groups were ignored after until some felt there were too many. Now people who came as children are in limbo in the country in which they were raised. Enforce the laws but do it right. Do it fairly.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think you're missing the point. Many men would push the envelope and do whatever they wanted as long as it was legal. The minute legislation made it a crime, those 'law-abiding' white men stopped taking advantage of the system - and stopped taking advantage of black women.

It's a completely different mindset of a criminal, so you cannot compare what happened before this became law, with criminal statistics.

And by the way - many of the white men doing this - were cops.
Exactly...thank you. Rape was rampant against black women because it was legal. Statistics weren’t taken because it wasn’t considered a crime. Earlier I posted a link to a mayor’s statement in the early 1900s in which he basically stated that he did not believe the crime of rape could be committed against a black person and pardoned those accused of the same. Those times were times of terror for black women and girls.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:12 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,492,369 times
Quote:
Exactly...thank you. Rape was rampant against black women because it was legal. Statistics weren’t taken because it wasn’t considered a crime. Earlier I posted a link to a mayor’s statement in the early 1900s in which he basically stated that he did not believe the crime of rape could be committed against a black person and pardoned those accused of the same. Those times were times of terror for black women and girls.
I would change the word rape to sexual assault. Not everything white men were doing to black women involved rape.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:16 AM

2,180 posts, read 634,959 times
Quote:

And TODAY, statistically speaking, white on black rape is near non-existent. While black-on-white rape is common.

So... I guess that's just historic justice, in the same line of reparations?

Old 06-24-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I would change the word rape to sexual assault. Not everything white men were doing to black women involved rape.
Certainly. Sexual assault included a wide range of sexual crime, which should not be ignored.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:19 AM

23,768 posts, read 14,891,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
It is a mistake to posit that there is any debt owed by all white people to all black people. There is no such debt. It is another mistake to put forth the idea that the white middle class was created by welfare. It is also a mistake to think that black people would be better off if the were suddenly given huge amounts of $$s. Recent history proves otherwise.

Three strikes and you're out.
It is a mistake to believe all that you hear.

All anybody with any authority has done is ask for a conversation.

A commission was started for study.

That used to be how laws were made. Someone saw a need and congress learned everything they could about the subject, pro and con.

Then, all the remedies would be studied, pro and con. Then public hearings so all affected could chime in as they could while all the studying was happening. That's why we contact our elected.

Those were the good ol days.

No congressperson that I am aware of has ask for cash to be given to anybody.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
And TODAY, statistically speaking, white on black rape is near non-existent. While black-on-white rape is common.

So... I guess that's just historic justice, in the same line of reparations?
Nope. White victims’ offenders are in most cases white. There is a 0.3 difference in the white on black rape rape and black on white rape rate.

Further, the mentality you express in your post is sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies