U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2019, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
8,749 posts, read 4,435,415 times
Reputation: 1404

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yes.....

Concentration camps that people travel thousands of miles, cross deserts, rivers, scale fences and risk getting killed or raped to get to.


And their alternative is ...
Drug cartels taking over government roles in parts of Mexico

“Get the [expletive] away from my child!” Thelma Peña, a young mother, yelled at a Zetas spotter as she took her son to school.

“Am I afraid of being killed?” she later said of her outburst. “We’re already dying, little by little, day by day.”

For residents, the constant presence of deadly cartels overshadows even mundane activities.

“Every day,” said Thelma Peña, the young mother, “the goal is make it back home as a family without being harmed.”

_______________

The American ego gets in the way of common sense, every time. America is not a go to place, but only a 'safer' alternative, up until it isn't.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 06-19-2019 at 07:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2019, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
8,064 posts, read 2,770,083 times
Reputation: 4340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
And their alternative is ...
Drug cartels taking over government roles in parts of Mexico

“Get the [expletive] away from my child!” Thelma Peña, a young mother, yelled at a Zetas spotter as she took her son to school.

“Am I afraid of being killed?” she later said of her outburst. “We’re already dying, little by little, day by day.”

For residents, the constant presence of deadly cartels overshadows even mundane activities.

“Every day,” said Thelma Peña, the young mother, “the goal is make it back home as a family without being harmed.”

_______________

The American ego gets in the way of common sense, every time.

So, you want to just open the flood gates and let them all in?

Anyone and everyone who wants to come to America, y'all c'mon up..... immigration laws be damned.


Tell me.... how many are you going to put up at your house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Santa Monica, Ca
6,900 posts, read 3,826,037 times
Reputation: 16266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Trump has more people in detention camps now than Obama ever thought of. Trump has tripled the number of border crossings AND he refuses to release asylum seekers into the population with ankle bracelets on. AND he refuses to increase the number of judges to more quickly process asylum seekers.

This is his crisis.

So far, 25 people have died in detention under Trumps stupid policies. They are cramped, standing room only, with people standing on toilets just to have a place to stand.

Concentration camps is right
BS... It’s the Dems who created the border crisis by encouraging these people to illegally cross the border. So when these folks are detained look no further than the left for being responsible. The Dems are a bigger threat to our democracy than Russia, North Korea, China or Iran... all rolled into one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
8,749 posts, read 4,435,415 times
Reputation: 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So, you want to just open the flood gates and let them all in?

Anyone and everyone who wants to come to America, y'all c'mon up..... immigration laws be damned.


Tell me.... how many are you going to put up at your house?
Every one of them as I could upgrade my home and all would chip in to cover the bills as that is their culture in how they roll ... when they play, they play hard and when they work, they work hard. Seems America could learn a thing or two, because it seems Americans do neither ...

The only culture I have seen that upstages Hispanics, is the Native American.

Flood gates and let them in? How else do you want to replace the aging population? Make abortion illegal? The best of luck with that idea. A baby born today will not be a tax payer for another 18 years.

Or may be you don't want to replace the aged out of workforce population, but would rather take on the increase tax debt all on your own? The best of luck with that idea, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Nantahala National Forest, NC
27,093 posts, read 5,877,402 times
Reputation: 30347
As I've said here before, I lean left... but this gal is waaay off in a different
world than the one I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 07:47 PM
 
36,741 posts, read 16,339,464 times
Reputation: 9879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
We just used "kinder, gentler" terms then, as today. US Citizens of Japanese heritage were put in these camps on US soil back then, whatever term you wish to call them. George Takei has said he and his parents were in one. US Citizens.

Read up on what happened to Joe DiMaggio's Dad back then. My own 1st Generation Italian American Grandma told me her stories of WW2. The family Americanized their surname to not be suspects. She became Anne instead of Anna, and stopped speaking Italian (bi-lingual) out in public. Japanese, Italian, and German US CITIZENS were discriminated against then.

All this happened to our own citizens, and it is still happening today, but today it is Hispanic people, and not just immigrants or migrants but to US Citizens as well. Don't dare speak Spanish out in public, as with my Grandma speaking Italian. You are an ILLEGAL!
I see you edited your post. I have never thought that a Spanish speaker was here illegally just because they were speaking Spanish out in public as I know the arrogance of their culture demands that they do whether they are a citizen, immigrant or illegal alien and even if they also know English. I know, I live in the thick of it. Being linguistically assimilated is not on their plate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Santa Monica, Ca
6,900 posts, read 3,826,037 times
Reputation: 16266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Every one of them as I could upgrade my home and all would chip in to cover the bills as that is their culture in how they roll ... when they play, they play hard and when they work, they work hard. Seems America could learn a thing or two, because it seems Americans do neither ...

The only culture I have seen that upstages Hispanics, is the Native American.

Flood gates and let them in? How else do you want to replace the aging population? Make abortion illegal? The best of luck with that idea. A baby born today will not be a tax payer for another 18 years.

Or may be you don't want to replace the aged out of workforce population, but would rather take on the increase tax debt all on your own? The best of luck with that idea, too.
No worries, just have them cross the border.... legally. That way they could pay their share of taxes, and contribute their hard work and take care of their families....legally. Nobody would have an issue with these folks coming here... legally!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
8,749 posts, read 4,435,415 times
Reputation: 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
BS... It’s the Dems who created the border crisis by encouraging these people to illegally cross the border. So when these folks are detained look no further than the left for being responsible. The Dems are a bigger threat to our democracy than Russia, North Korea, China or Iran... all rolled into one.
The only encouragement these people have to come here is the unsafe often death environment of their home country. Fix the drive, solve the flow.

If a person in the u.s. is having a difficult time on the west coast, they pack up and try their hand on the east coast. Great option, others in other countries do not have.

Americans have been told they're all that so long, they believe the lie. Or maybe that is the lie to tell ourselves, so we don't have to wake up to reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 07:51 PM
 
26,550 posts, read 19,023,480 times
Reputation: 14206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yes. She's right. We are. She didn't say death camps - she said concentration camps. There's a difference.
she said ‘never again’
that means death camps, no matter how hard you and ocrazio back-pedal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
8,749 posts, read 4,435,415 times
Reputation: 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
No worries, just have them cross the border.... legally. That way they could pay their share of taxes, and contribute their hard work and take care of their families....legally. Nobody would have an issue with these folks coming here... legally!
What in the hell do you think they are trying to do? Take that 87 billion pay some more judges to get down there and get busy processing ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top