Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 06:02 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,522,222 times

Advertisements

Heard this many times from the leftists. Just exactly who is in this ruling class?

In America, 70% of rich people lose their wealth by the third generation and 90% by the fourth. That’s on top of 80% of millionaires are self made and first generation.

So what is this ruling class? Does it even exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 06:24 PM

45,396 posts, read 26,983,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Heard this many times from the leftists. Just exactly who is in this ruling class?

In America, 70% of rich people lose their wealth by the third generation and 90% by the fourth. That’s on top of 80% of millionaires are self made and first generation.

Well - my math says that 10% is unaccounted for in your post. They are likely among that group.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:27 PM

7,795 posts, read 6,366,001 times
They mean those who are not dependent on them.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Well - my math says that 10% is unaccounted for in your post. They are likely among that group.
Somehow if I don’t lose my wealth, I am the ruling class?

How does the ruling class rule us? Every politician is democratically elected by us. One person, one vote.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:43 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,390,278 times
Quote:

How does the ruling class rule us? Every politician is democratically elected by us. One person, one vote.

Ummm. One person one vote...................

For one idiot or the other.

Not much of a choice. You vote for what is offered to you by the ruling class. The ruling class is the monied interests which control the system. This ruling class is etherial in nature and you'll never find them all let alone name them.

You must be young, apparently you haven't figured it out yet. Go read some history for a few years, study it in depth. You'll get some answers if you do.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:47 PM

45,396 posts, read 26,983,057 times
Quote:

I didn't say the entire 10%...

I'm just acknowledging that there are people who put themselves in that position to try to control the culture.

How? They buy people/lobby government personnel through various means. They run certain industries like social media companies.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:52 PM

2,486 posts, read 821,316 times
Quote:

Do you even hear yourself?

30% do not lose their wealth by the 3rd, 10% do not by the 4th.

THOSE are the elites. THEY rule us.
Quote:

Are you actually trying to pretend you are the top 10%? IN CD?

MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

OMG, hilarious!
Did the diver clean the barnacles off your yacht yesterday?

Old 06-19-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Ummm. One person one vote...................

For one idiot or the other.

Not much of a choice. You vote for what is offered to you by the ruling class. The ruling class is the monied interests which control the system. This ruling class is etherial in nature and you'll never find them all let alone name them.

You must be young, apparently you haven't figured it out yet. Go read some history for a few years, study it in depth. You'll get some answers if you do.
Only idiots vote for what is offered. Who’s offering to you? Even at the party level, they are elected by the party members.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I didn't say the entire 10%...

I'm just acknowledging that there are people who put themselves in that position to try to control the culture.

How? They buy people/lobby government personnel through various means. They run certain industries like social media companies.
Once again, all politicians are democratically elected and they in turn appoint government officials.

Looks to me, the voters are in the ruling class.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:57 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,592,805 times
the ruling class in this country are the families that built the railroads like the Harrimans...they are OLD money who send their children to IVY league schools and traditionally join the state department ..they intermarry each others families

these would include the families who created the federal reserve ACT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies