Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:26 PM

4,655 posts, read 4,102,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...#disqus_thread

A victory for liberals! Now when will Bill Cosby and Kevin Spacey have their stars removed.
Home run post. Typical hypocritical ****bag liberals.

In any event, I am absolutely positive no one on earth cares. Los Angeles is Americas greatest cesspool outside of the state of New Jersey, and as far as tourist attractions go, that one is about as underwhelming as they come.

Maybe they should give a star to Hillary. That would be a good consolation prize for not being president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 09:36 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,634,398 times
Can you imagine what this will do to Trump’s narcissistic ego?

Old 06-19-2019, 09:50 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,314,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Well, it's kind of amusing. The real silliness would be of Trump having a star as if he were actually a talented "artiste." On the other hand, I think Rin Tin Tin has a star, too.

But the nice part is that they felt it was a move that would get Trump's goat.
I don't know, but I don't think that Trump is losing any sleep over it? After all he accomplished something that none of those other "stars" did except for Reagan. He's fully aware that there are those that hate his guts with a passion. Yet he soldiers on regardless of what anyone thinks of him. I think that's what endears him to so many?

I didn't like him at first, but I would never under any circumstance vote for a Democrat no matter who they nominate for any public office. I've had my fill of both them and their policies when I lived in New York. But now after him being president and because of all the BS that he's forced to put up with 24/7 I admire him for still being who he is. He's given them all the proverbial finger. This time around I will enthusiastically vote for him. Trump, like him or not came in as a complete outsider and attained the highest office in the land over all of the career politicians who have dedicated their lives to achieve that. The man is no dope and figured out how to win. The fact that he accomplished that was no small feat.

As for the walk of fame, that should only be for those who have accomplished fame in the movie industry as it was originally intended. I never understood why Trump's star was there in the first place? Hosting "The Apprentice" to me does not qualify. A talented "artiste" he is not. Without a doubt a now masterful politician he certainly is. He knows how to work and connect with a crowd. He says what a lot of Americans are thinking and want for this country. But most of all he means and believes in every word that he says.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:54 PM

12,197 posts, read 7,181,584 times
This further proves (as if there isn't enough proof already) that liberals are so full of hate and intolerance.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:54 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,314,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Home run post. Typical hypocritical ****bag liberals.

In any event, I am absolutely positive no one on earth cares. Los Angeles is Americas greatest cesspool outside of the state of New Jersey, and as far as tourist attractions go, that one is about as underwhelming as they come.

Maybe they should give a star to Hillary. That would be a good consolation prize for not being president.
Gee, I love that kind of talk it is spot on!

I'm now living in Arizona and there are many Ex Californians here that I know personally that would agree with that. We do have a lot in common as New York State is not far behind.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:17 PM

4,625 posts, read 3,374,566 times
The "Hollywood Walk of Fame" is not located in the City of West Hollywood.

The walk of fame is located in the City of Los Angeles (in the Hollywood portion of LA). However, as noted upthread, the walk of fame is administered/managed by a private group (Hollywood Chamber of Commerce). Trump's star is not going anywhere....

Old 06-19-2019, 11:49 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,634,398 times
It was more of a symbolic vote than anything else.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:54 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Can you imagine what this will do to Trump’s narcissistic ego?
Nothing I imagine. Not only isn't the Star going away but he's now POTUS and that's kind of a bigger deal.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:18 AM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...#disqus_thread

A victory for liberals! Now when will Bill Cosby and Kevin Spacey have their stars removed.
The American Taliban at work again.

No wonder the libs and the Muslin extremists are such good friends.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:54 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,656,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why did that moron have a star on the Walk of Fame in the first place?
LOL..yeah, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies