U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 10:56 AM

14,199 posts, read 6,419,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
A young, impressionable child does not understand the difference. They only see a “cool” person who they want to be like when they grow up one day.

Making trans the “cool thing to do” grows the army.

The endgame is significant power and control over non-LGBT individuals and social acceptance of pedophilia.
Who is making trans the cool thing to do? It’s called educating people, more people need it.
Acceptance of pedophilia, that’s just worn out bs coming from the same boring yawn of a group. What power are you referring to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 11:06 AM

2,249 posts, read 619,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
False interpretation.

No one has to agree with you
No one has to "celebrate" you.
No one should tell you to shut up.

Do you celebrate all view that YOU oppose? Of course not. And that's fine.

No one has the RIGHT to tell someone else what to believe.
If I am not mistaken you are agreeing with the premise of my post while saying I'm wrong!

Old 06-20-2019, 11:10 AM

7,573 posts, read 2,221,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
If I am not mistaken you are agreeing with the premise of my post while saying I'm wrong!
Yep.

You want people to all agree to support and celebrate drag queens in libraries, correct?

Which means you contracted yourself in saying that people should support and celebrate opposing views.

Unless you support and celebrate people who oppose having drag queens in libraries. Do you?

Old 06-20-2019, 11:35 AM

2,249 posts, read 619,648 times
Quote:
Yep.

You want people to all agree to support and celebrate drag queens in libraries, correct?

Which means you contracted yourself in saying that people should support and celebrate opposing views.

Unless you support and celebrate people who oppose having drag queens in libraries. Do you?
Next time try reading a post and the one it responded to and try comprehending it before you attack it. Or please stop putting your spin on everyone else's points and forcing words in other's mouths!

In case you are too embarrassed to backtrack from your knee jerk narrow minded reaction, you should note the topic of my post was a response to a fear mongering statement predicting a phony doom and gloom preview of a "leftist world".

You made my point, even if you didn't understand it! Bless your little heart!

Last edited by corpgypsy; 06-20-2019 at 11:50 AM..

Old 06-20-2019, 11:44 AM

7,573 posts, read 2,221,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Next time try reading a post and the one it responded to and try comprehending it before you attack it. Or please stop putting your spin on everyone else's points!

You made mine, even if you didn't understand it! Bless your little heart!
You said that we all need to support and celebrate opposing views.

Do you? Do you celebrate views that you oppose?

No. You don't. In fact, when posters write things you oppose, you become angry, insulting, berating, and WRITE IN ALL CAPS AT PEOPLE YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH. So they know you are yelling at them in hysterical anger.

Right? Right. Hypocrite behavior 101.

I'll look for an *I celebrate you* response. Since, you know, you celebrate everyone you oppose. Good grief.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:53 AM

15,402 posts, read 7,871,041 times
I have no problem with Little House books or drag queen story hour.

It's weird to me that so many Americans get upset and bothered about these topics. I'll note that many of my online liberal mom friends (mostly white women) did have a lengthy discussion about the prejudice/discrimination in Little House books. They were surprised that I told them that it would be a good idea to continue to let the children read the books and they could just discuss with the children the social history in regards to gender and ethnic discrimination in the stories.

I honestly don't get why people (liberals versus conservatives) rail about silly things like this. Nearly all literature has something in it that you can get upset about if you want to. Maybe just think and discuss concepts and ideas instead of trying to ban things or discourage people from experiencing a new read or environment.

Drag queen story hour wouldn't be my thing, but I be the kids would think it is interesting to see someone dressed up reading them a story. Not sure how it is an attack on kids or a threat to conservatives. If you don't want to take your kids, don't.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:54 AM

15,402 posts, read 7,871,041 times
Quote:
You said that we all need to support and celebrate opposing views.

Do you? Do you celebrate views that you oppose?

No. You don't. In fact, when posters write things you oppose, you become angry, insulting, berating, and WRITE IN ALL CAPS AT PEOPLE YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH. So they know you are yelling at them in hysterical anger.

Right? Right. Hypocrite behavior 101.

I'll look for an *I celebrate you* response. Since, you know, you celebrate everyone you oppose. Good grief.

Just had to say the blue is hilarious. I think I may use this phrase for people I disagree with - I celebrate you, but.....

Old 06-20-2019, 11:56 AM

388 posts, read 66,825 times
“Mommy why did that woman reading the story look funny?”

“Well honey, that’s because she has a penis”

What could possibly go wrong....

Old 06-20-2019, 11:56 AM

26,574 posts, read 19,023,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Deviancy is the new normal.
we truly are living in clown world.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:05 PM

23,398 posts, read 28,234,455 times
Quote:
A young, impressionable child does not understand the difference. They only see a “cool” person who they want to be like when they grow up one day.

Making trans the “cool thing to do” grows the army.

The endgame is significant power and control over non-LGBT individuals and social acceptance of pedophilia.
If they are too young to understand what a drag queen is (and he is not transgender), what are you worried about?

What makes you think someone who takes the time to volunteer to read to children must be a pedophile?

Quote:
“Mommy why did that woman reading the story look funny?”

“Well honey, that’s because she has a penis”

What could possibly go wrong....
How about, “Well honey, that’s because he is a man pretending to be a woman. He does it to entertain people, like someone who dresses like Mickey Mouse.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or