Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 10:28 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I've ridden in an RC-135 Rivet Joint before. It's a fat-assed, slow-assed TOP SECRET-equipment-laden aircraft with 20 or more crew aboard. It has one evasive maneuver: Hard bank and dive. And that's not expected to work against a missile.

I don't believe for a moment that the US intended for a manned TOP SECRET aircraft to be shot down.
Not having read anything about this in the news this morning and with nothing offered in the way of reference or links here either, I decided to satisfy my curiosity by Googling for information and only found this...

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/0...-us-plane.html

I too have a very hard time believing such a tactic could possibly be considered let alone put into action, but I have no problem whatsoever believing that any and all the more activity on our part greatly and unnecessarily increases the chances of mistake and provocation that will lead to regrettable unintended consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 08:01 AM

1,675 posts, read 576,711 times
"Iran has threatened to seize a British oil tanker unless an Iranian ship detained by the Royal Marines is released, the country’s Revolutionary Guards commander said on Friday."
https://news.yahoo.com/iran-threaten...090200669.html

Will this be the excuse needed for war? I doubt it, but that doesn't stop them from trying.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:17 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
"Iran has threatened to seize a British oil tanker unless an Iranian ship detained by the Royal Marines is released, the country’s Revolutionary Guards commander said on Friday."

Will this be the excuse needed for war? I doubt it, but that doesn't stop them from trying.
I saw the Brits took an oil tanker from Iran. Not sure what that’s about, but Iran supplies bad countries like North Korea with oil so I guess it’s for the best. Iran won’t do crap to Britain.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:28 AM

1,675 posts, read 576,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I saw the Brits took an oil tanker from Iran. Not sure what that’s about, but Iran supplies bad countries like North Korea with oil so I guess it’s for the best. Iran won’t do crap to Britain.
Everything the US/UK do is for the best, like giving weapons and tech to brutal states like Saudi Arabia.

The iranian oil is going to Syria, and if they have an issue with some European company in Syria they should address them and not detain an Iranian oil tanker. On top of that the British do this in Spanish waters, violating yet another sovereign state. All at the request of the USA.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:42 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post

The warmongers will throw everything including the kitchen sink to get their war started.
Eventually something will stick and they will have their casus belli.

The regime needs to be overthrown so we can put in a western friendly puppet and sell their oil in dollars.

The REAL reason the U.S. is picking a fight with Iran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=oTqBEIUCwWs

Old 07-05-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
The warmongers will throw everything including the kitchen sink to get their war started.
Eventually something will stick and they will have their casus belli.

The regime needs to be overthrown so we can put in a western friendly puppet and sell their oil in dollars.

The REAL reason the U.S. is picking a fight with Iran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=oTqBEIUCwWs
I don't usually watch the videos posted in this forum, but for whatever reason I decided to watch this one, and my first thought is that it's too bad so many Americans don't know this sort of history and even worse that so many Americans don't seem to care. Thanks.

Wondering who this woman is, I looked her up and I didn't find much in the way of foreign policy experience...

"Kim was a semi-finalist in Maxim '​s 2013 Hometown Hotties Competition and was named by Austin Monthly magazine as one of Austin's most beautiful women.

In 2011 Iversen hosted the Austin Fashion Week awards show. During the show Kim also walked the runway for Linda Asaf's Collection."

https://alchetron.com/Kim-Iverson

Interesting, because she does seem to have "done her homework" on this topic/history. Also interesting is that she is a graduate from UC Davis with a BA in Philosophy and a minor in Music Performance. Not exactly the sort of background that explains her rise to foreign policy pundit, but she does a good job regardless.

UC Davis is also my son's alma mater. I will pass this video along to him and ask if he's heard of this woman. Also to listen to what she says. I wonder how you have come to know this woman...

Old 07-05-2019, 11:21 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Interesting, because she does seem to have "done her homework" on this topic/history. Also interesting is that she is a graduate from UC Davis with a BA in Philosophy and a minor in Music Performance. Not exactly the sort of background that explains her rise to foreign policy pundit, but she does a good job regardless.

UC Davis is also my son's alma mater. I will pass this video along to him and ask if he's heard of this woman. Also to listen to what she says. I wonder how you have come to know this woman...
That rather proves the point that all anyone has to do is a little homework to find out what the background to the current situation actually is.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That rather proves the point that all anyone has to do is a little homework to find out what the background to the current situation actually is.
Or watch this short video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies