Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2019, 06:01 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,177,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Calling off the airstikes is a real, common sense win for Americans. But I dont know for how long he can take this pressure.
Are we supposed to give him credit for calling off that which he set in motion in the first place? It is better than following through but it was his aggressive act to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 06:07 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
This is concerning, no?

Approving a strike and then saying, “Oopsie! Never mind.” Trump has no idea what he’s doing.

What should be concerning is this information was leaked assuming it wasn't leaked on purpose.

In any event I'll wait and see how this plays out before criticizing.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:08 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
I feel bad for the drone, it likely had developed some rudimentary intelligence and sense of being, now...only darkness

Old 06-21-2019, 06:10 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,177,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
What should be concerning is this information was leaked assuming it wasn't leaked on purpose.

In any event I'll wait and see how this plays out before criticizing.
Funny, I assumed it was leaked on purpose. Normally Trump would be foaming at the mouth if he thought someone was sabotaging him.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:18 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Are we supposed to give him credit for calling off that which he set in motion in the first place? It is better than following through but it was his aggressive act to begin with.
I'm glad it was called off but not sure that this instability/chaos is the image that works well for this kind of situation.

Problem with Trump and this administration...poor communication, and Trump's compulsive nature. I believe that some of the folks in Trump's administration don't communicate well with him. The President is then at a disadvantage and given his nature of reacting without thoughtful due process creates this situation where --- the powers thought they had the go ahead to retaliate and then the President is giving out different messages (he thinks it was a mistake --) and calls off the mission.

I appreciate it being called off. I do. Better that then trying to save face by going ahead with something the President isn't comfortable with..

BUT it just looks so chaotic.

And Trump's awkward behaviour -- suggesting he thinks it was some kind of goof up that the drone was shot down - while Iran is saying loud and proud they did it, owned doing it and would do it again (in so many words).

It's just all very odd.

I wish they would just take a deep breath...get in a room and figure out what they are doing.....

And I hope it isn't another war. I just don't feel that I have the right to expect people to go and put their lives on the line.....I'm not comfortable with another Middle Eastern war. I have always felt it does more harm than good in the long run. But again -- I will admit my Middle East knowledge is basic.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:21 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Funny, I assumed it was leaked on purpose.

The NYT specifically noted that no one in the administration asked them to spike the story which they may have done if requested to do so. It may be last ditch effort at deescalation. If there is any more incidents I highly doubt there will not be any retaliation.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:24 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
This all happening because Trump cancelled an agreement Obama made, which was working.

Trump wants to hurt Obama and does not care that he is hurting the country.
Exactly. He needs to swallow his pride and get back into the deal. Iran holds all the cards now.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
I suspect it was intentional -- the leak. I suspect it will backfire in some ways. I know it makes me feel uncomfortable seeing the contradicting statements/reactions/thoughts from the White House....and I have heard more than one comment this morning that this changing message seems to suggest there is some confusion on this issue - or disagreement.....

If Trump sees that there is a general concern for the changing messages, I'm sure he will say the fake media is making it up.........

Old 06-21-2019, 06:32 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Exactly. He needs to swallow his pride and get back into the deal. Iran holds all the cards now.
Their Economy is in the crapper and we could take out most of their Military installations in a matter of hours. They are selling Oil to very few Countries and being shunned by the world.

Don't really think they hold all the cards at this point.

Trump showed good leadership and restraint by holding off. As of now, we don't know the reason why but there were plenty of war hawk Dems and Repubs who are ready to drop a few bombs so we can buy more from their Lobbyist.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Iran Worried U.S. Might Be Building 8,500th Nuclear Weapon

TEHRAN—Amidst mounting geopolitical tensions, Iranian officials said Wednesday they were increasingly concerned about the United States of America's uranium-enrichment program, fearing the Western nation may soon be capable of producing its 8,500th nuclear weapon. "Our intelligence estimates indicate that, if it is allowed to progress with its aggressive nuclear program, the United States may soon possess its 8,500th atomic weapon capable of reaching Iran," said Iranian foreign minister Ali Akbar Salehi, adding that Americans have the fuel, the facilities, and "everything they need" to manufacture even more weapons-grade fissile material. "Obviously, the prospect of this happening is very distressing to Iran and all countries like Iran. After all, the United States is a volatile nation that's proven it needs little provocation to attack anyone anywhere in the world whom it perceives to be a threat." Iranian intelligence experts also warned of the very real, and very frightening, possibility of the U.S. providing weapons and resources to a rogue..............

https://www.theonion.com/iran-worrie...wi6hOlSLj2Gk8s

Bolton Argues War With Iran Only Way To Avenge Americans Killed In Upcoming War With Iran

https://www.theonion.com/bolton-argu...can-1835704580
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies