Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 02:27 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,068,231 times

Advertisements

Sure we realize it. And Democrats like me don’t mind you leaving.

It’s time for the Democratic Party to be a liberal party. Enough of riding the fence. If you want to be a member of a party that’s Republican lite, go join the other party.

If the Republicans can declare themselves to be a Conservative party that tolerates NO dissent on the party line (as they have done), then we Democrats have a right to do the same. If you’re not a believer, LEAVE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 02:28 PM

46,857 posts, read 25,803,381 times
Get one low-income group to resent the other low-income group instead of the people actually keeping them at low income. Always worked.

This:
Quote:
I work 60 hours/week and can barely afford healthcare.
- is what you should be angry about.

Old 06-20-2019, 02:30 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,837,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
They are destroying themselves with political correctness and their preference for illegals. What they do not get is that the situation you just described, has forced millions of us former Democrats into the Republican party. If they really cared about their call to help working-class and middle-class Americans, they would return to a common-sense economic message and give up on their unreasonable illegal push.
Anyone who would leave the Democratic party to join the Party of Trump is no one I want in the Democratic party to begin with. Good riddance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Get one low-income group to resent the other low-income group instead of the people actually keeping them at low income. Always worked.

This: - is what you should be angry about.
Like a charm!!

7,827 posts, read 3,357,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sure we realize it. And Democrats like me don’t mind you leaving.

It’s time for the Democratic Party to be a liberal party. Enough of riding the fence. If you want to be a member of a party that’s Republican lite, go join the other party.

If the Republicans can declare themselves to be a Conservative party that tolerates NO dissent on the party line (as they have done), then we Democrats have a right to do the same. If you’re not a believer, LEAVE.
This is why the Dems cannot win! Please, keep it up!

Old 06-20-2019, 02:31 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,837,154 times
Quote:
I guess you slept through November of 2018. Keep it up!

Old 06-20-2019, 02:32 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,130,370 times
They’ll gladly exchange you for two new undocumented democrats.

Old 06-20-2019, 02:33 PM

11,989 posts, read 5,256,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
OP, for everyone of you lost two more will be gained from convicted felons, noncitizen immigrants (who are being allowed to vote now in many jurisdictions no matter their status) and 16 year olds.
Not at all.

For the past 20 years or so, the share of votes that non-college whites represent among registered voters has fallen about 3% every four year POTUS cycle, with college whites increasing on average by 1% (causing total white percentage to fall on average by 2%) while total minorities have increased on average by 2%.

That’s nationally. The rate of change varies from state-by-state but the trend is universal.

If you put all of your political chips on the one part of the electorate that’s dropping like a rock, you’re living on borrowed time.

Old 06-20-2019, 02:33 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,357,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I guess you slept through November of 2018. Keep it up!
No, I was right there and I saw a very normal midterm election, where the Republicans actually gained seats in the Senate.

Old 06-20-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Winning ain’t everything. When I talk to a fellow Democrat, I want to know that he’s a believer. If he’s not, he should take a long walk off a short pier. Bye.

Losing elections sucks, but there are worse things in this world. Unlike you, the sun doesn’t rise or set in my life based on who’s in office. It ain’t that serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies