U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2019, 07:21 PM
 
39,442 posts, read 40,743,367 times
Reputation: 16238

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
As many of you are quick to point out -- folks with MAGA hats can be targets of violence.

Some girl wearing provocative clothing is more likely to be subjected to sexual harassment, should she wear more conservative clothing because of the actions of others or should we be going after the people harassing her?






Quote:
Would you want your kids sporting one?

Would you have felt the same way if the kids found hats that said Impeach Trump?

Sure but I would make it point to engage them in conversation about their decision.

 
Old 06-21-2019, 07:23 PM
 
23,058 posts, read 12,277,718 times
Reputation: 7299
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Some girl wearing provocative clothing is more likely to be subjected to sexual harassment, should she wear more conservative clothing because of the actions of others or should we be going after the people harassing her?









Sure but I would make it point to engage them in conversation about their decision.
True -- and if the parents saw their kids buying provocative clothing and sending pictures they might be concerned as well.

There are lots of things more dangerous than MAGA hats -- no doubt.

But some parents could be concerned that a group of elementary kids wearing the hats around Washington DC might be targeted for ridicule or harm of some sort.
 
Old 06-21-2019, 07:23 PM
 
29,359 posts, read 15,414,221 times
Reputation: 19966
Snowflake parents.
 
Old 06-21-2019, 07:25 PM
 
23,058 posts, read 12,277,718 times
Reputation: 7299
Would you still support the kids buying hats that said Impeach Trump.

The school board defended the kids' rights to express themselves.......do you think they would have been allowed to buy a hat that said Impeach Trump.
 
Old 06-21-2019, 07:28 PM
 
1,414 posts, read 285,427 times
Reputation: 1260
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Would you still support the kids buying hats that said Impeach Trump.

The school board defended the kids' rights to express themselves.......do you think they would have been allowed to buy a hat that said Impeach Trump.
Is this a serious question?


I live in Baltimore. The public schools here took a day off and PAID FOR buses to take kids to the so-called "Women's March," which was actually a Trump protest/temper-tantrum.


I'm quite sure most school kids can express their anti-Trump feelings with no fear of repercussions whatsoever. In fact, it is encouraged.
 
Old 06-21-2019, 07:38 PM
 
23,058 posts, read 12,277,718 times
Reputation: 7299
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Is this a serious question?


I live in Baltimore. The public schools here took a day off and PAID FOR buses to take kids to the so-called "Women's March," which was actually a Trump protest/temper-tantrum.


I'm quite sure most school kids can express their anti-Trump feelings with no fear of repercussions whatsoever. In fact, it is encouraged.
I didn't ask what the school board would do -- I asked the people who are criticizing the parents.

Look -- it is crazy some parents didn't like it - -but having been in the schools forever -- parents with bizarre concerns come from all walks of life.

It could be the parents who objected don't like Trump or it could be they just didn't want their kids wearing the hats because of concerns of what passerbys might say or do.

No mater my beliefs, I didn't allow my elementary school child t wear clothing that was political or religious and even in high school I was careful to make sure they made smart choices. Whether or not I agree with the message....hats and shirts with messages from either side can raise issues with folks.
 
Old 06-21-2019, 07:41 PM
 
1,414 posts, read 285,427 times
Reputation: 1260
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I didn't ask what the school board would do -- I asked the people who are criticizing the parents.

Look -- it is crazy some parents didn't like it - -but having been in the schools forever -- parents with bizarre concerns come from all walks of life.

It could be the parents who objected don't like Trump or it could be they just didn't want their kids wearing the hats because of concerns of what passerbys might say or do.

No mater my beliefs, I didn't allow my elementary school child t wear clothing that was political or religious and even in high school I was careful to make sure they made smart choices. Whether or not I agree with the message....hats and shirts with messages from either side can raise issues with folks.
Well, it shouldn't be that way.


I am subjected to opinions I disagree with constantly living here in Baltimore. I don't get violent over it, or even upset really. People are entitled to think differently. That's what makes this a great place to live.


If we've gotten to the point you're suggesting we are at, then that is a very sad thing.
 
Old 06-21-2019, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
12,453 posts, read 4,209,786 times
Reputation: 9768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good for the school to tell these flakes of snow to grow up and get a life.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pare...144345233.html
Tough luck, free speech is still a reality in this country. Parents need to shut it.
 
Old 06-21-2019, 07:57 PM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
31,970 posts, read 36,594,800 times
Reputation: 38543
Liberals sure like to take away your rights they disagree with.

Wait till they see some kid with a NRA cap holding shotgun at the skeet gun range.
 
Old 06-21-2019, 08:54 PM
 
6,643 posts, read 1,962,766 times
Reputation: 6232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good for the school to tell these flakes of snow to grow up and get a life.
That's a very poor reporting job, as it doesn't make it perfectly clear if they were parents of the actual students, or how the photographs were used, or if the teacher encouraged the purchase.

It would be preferable in the future to use better sources than Yahoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top