U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 09:15 PM

10,940 posts, read 10,181,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
That's a very poor reporting job, as it doesn't make it perfectly clear if they were parents of the actual students, or how the photographs were used, or if the teacher encouraged the purchase.

It would be preferable in the future to use better sources than Yahoo.
This article from the local paper goes into a lot more detail. At least one of the parents that complained, didnít even have a child in that grade.

https://starnewsgroup.com/wp-content...06.20.19-1.pdf

Old 06-22-2019, 07:38 AM

14,307 posts, read 15,127,911 times
Quote:
Parents upset after students pictured in MAGA hats on school field trip
Yeah well, after all, it is NJ. Goes with the territory.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:00 PM

4,443 posts, read 873,089 times
The thing about tolerance is Person A doesn't have to condone Person B's viewpoint but they have to tolerate it. That is easier said than done at times! So Person A (one triggered by a MAGA hat) hating the fact that Person B has a MAGA means Person A could be a bigot just as much as Person B could be a bigot towards a viewpoint of Person A.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:27 PM

9,505 posts, read 5,356,621 times
Its "some" parents... let's not generalize here.

Some parents, regardless of political leanings, will complain about everything and anything. Sheesh... we gotta grow thicker skin and grow up a little.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:54 AM

12,025 posts, read 5,705,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
True -- and if the parents saw their kids buying provocative clothing and sending pictures they might be concerned as well.

There are lots of things more dangerous than MAGA hats -- no doubt.

But some parents could be concerned that a group of elementary kids wearing the hats around Washington DC might be targeted for ridicule or harm of some sort.
Quote:
Would you still support the kids buying hats that said Impeach Trump.

The school board defended the kids' rights to express themselves.......do you think they would have been allowed to buy a hat that said Impeach Trump.
The main complaint appeared to be from a person who didnít even have a kid in school ... just your everyday Radical Anti Trumper. Point of any concern is that the Radical Leftists & their lapdog Media are KNOWN to attack Children who dare to show any support for the President of the United States.

That is the real issue. Leftists have instilled a Fear of reprisal for anyone who dares to have a viewpoint they disagree with. I have to wonder ... how much longer are Citizens going to allow this intimidation?

Old 06-23-2019, 09:31 AM

36,835 posts, read 16,078,499 times
Quote:
As many of you are quick to point out -- folks with MAGA hats can be targets of violence.

Would you want your kids sporting one?

Would you have felt the same way if the kids found hats that said Impeach Trump?
"folks with MAGA hats can be targets of violence."

In D,C EVERYBODY "can be targets of violence."

Tell us where you are from so we can check YOU crime stats.

"Would you want your kids sporting one?"

I thought the left supported freedom of speech and expression! I guess you DON'T!

Old 06-23-2019, 09:39 AM

7,490 posts, read 4,244,033 times
Quote:
As many of you are quick to point out -- folks with MAGA hats can be targets of violence.

Would you want your kids sporting one?

Would you have felt the same way if the kids found hats that said Impeach Trump?

It's pretty sad that a youngster cannot express support for
our President without risking attack by deranged leftists.

Old 06-23-2019, 12:50 PM

33,245 posts, read 20,081,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good for the school to tell these flakes of snow to grow up and get a life.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pare...144345233.html
My little nephew's school does not allow ANY types of political T shirts or hats. i think that is a good policy to eliminate potential problems.

This said, these kids bought the hats as tourist Souvenir, they are eighth graders. There are many sick ass out there who would create problem for them or their parents. Of course the parents would be concerned.

I don't know who the snowflakes are in this case. My vote goes to the ones who blame the children or their parents or school or the street vendors. Get over it, it is just a hat. Trump, like him or not, still YOUR president. Next year, vote him out of the office, problem solved. sheesh.

Try yoga if the hat bothers you so damn much.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 06-23-2019 at 12:58 PM..

Old 06-23-2019, 12:55 PM

33,245 posts, read 20,081,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You are making up your own rules. I was a kid once, and I have 3 kids now. Kids wear whatever they want on field trips, as long as there is no vulgar language on it. Until 2 years ago, I never heard of political slogans being a problem.
I am with you. Some people can be so strange! By the way, kids do buy tourist souvenirs.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:10 PM

23,063 posts, read 12,281,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You are making up your own rules. I was a kid once, and I have 3 kids now. Kids wear whatever they want on field trips, as long as there is no vulgar language on it. Until 2 years ago, I never heard of political slogans being a problem.
Because up until recently kids never CHOSE to wear political slogans on their clothing.

Elementary school kids wore sports stuff, tv stuff, pop culture stuff.

My boys are 31, 29 and 22 and not once asked in elementary school to buy or wanted to buy anything political.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or