U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 01:17 PM

33,291 posts, read 20,103,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Because up until recently kids never CHOSE to wear political slogans on their clothing.

Elementary school kids wore sports stuff, tv stuff, pop culture stuff.

My boys are 31, 29 and 22 and not once asked in elementary school to buy or wanted to buy anything political.

I doubt they CHOSE the hat in order to be political.

Kids buy things that are unique or stupid/funny or both, or they simply buy things parents or teachers don't want them to buy. This is definitely one of those kids will be kids situation.

My nephew (the six year old) would buy red dragon chinese hat with ponytail when he visited Chinatown, that is just what kids do.

I agree with your first post though, should be careful these days. MAGA is not a safe hat to wear for kids.

There is a reason why many schools don't allow any types of political T shirts or hats.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:21 PM

I would ask this question though,

what exactly is political T shirt?

Kids for PETE 2020 yes or no
Make America kind again yes or no
women belong in the house and senate yes or no

---

I've seen this kind of political shirts for kids stuff all over the place. Just sayin'

Old 06-24-2019, 05:37 AM

36,914 posts, read 16,100,406 times
Quote:
Because up until recently kids never CHOSE to wear political slogans on their clothing.

Elementary school kids wore sports stuff, tv stuff, pop culture stuff.

My boys are 31, 29 and 22 and not once asked in elementary school to buy or wanted to buy anything political.
"Because up until recently". Define "recently. Because of all the hoopla about algore's movie on global warming, which is political itself, being shown in PUBLIC schools, MANY kids wore "political" global warming shirts to school.

We had a video of a public school teacher having grade school kids sing a song praising obama.

It is is OK fro SCHOOLS to be political at schools, why isn't it OK for students to be?

The left shows it's ugly double standard AGAIN!

Old 06-24-2019, 05:41 AM

36,914 posts, read 16,100,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I doubt they CHOSE the hat in order to be political.

Kids buy things that are unique or stupid/funny or both, or they simply buy things parents or teachers don't want them to buy. This is definitely one of those kids will be kids situation.

My nephew (the six year old) would buy red dragon chinese hat with ponytail when he visited Chinatown, that is just what kids do.

I agree with your first post though, should be careful these days. MAGA is not a safe hat to wear for kids.

There is a reason why many schools don't allow any types of political T shirts or hats.
" MAGA is not a safe hat to wear for kids." because many on the left resort to violence which of course the lefties on her will deny!

Old 06-24-2019, 07:09 AM

9,950 posts, read 8,081,025 times
As long as they treat Obama or other Dem hats the same...

Really none should be allowed to be worn at school functions.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:57 PM

1,409 posts, read 271,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
As long as they treat Obama or other Dem hats the same...

Really none should be allowed to be worn at school functions.
If it were not for double standards the left would have no standards at all. Sad, right? Sad, but true.

We are living in very weird times. The inmates are in charge of the asylum. Scary at the very least.

In my honest opinion: 70% of us want what is right. We want the same thing. The Dems lost a ton of their base over the last 10 years, They are drowning. They are moving to the extreme to grab anything they can to survive.

I believe they may actually be the walking dead at this point.

We'll see. Mark my words, they are trying to take a hill with no hope. Hamburger hill comes to mind.

They are the lost tribe. They do not even have the common sense to realize they have lost all common sense.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-25-2019 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 06-24-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" MAGA is not a safe hat to wear for kids." because many on the left resort to violence which of course the lefties on her will deny!
Oh for sure.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:58 AM

30,701 posts, read 33,473,253 times
Why are "concerned parents after the fact" news? Nothing happened and some of their kids got cool souvenirs.

Old 06-25-2019, 01:30 AM

4,893 posts, read 1,226,778 times
Quote:
As many of you are quick to point out -- folks with MAGA hats can be targets of violence.

Would you want your kids sporting one?

Would you have felt the same way if the kids found hats that said Impeach Trump?
I think you are missing the point.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:01 AM

55,667 posts, read 74,620,384 times
Its not concern itís fear -the retaliations for supporting the president of the United States are violent and frequent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or