Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 09:12 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,125,410 times

Advertisements

Nice that so many understand how totally untrustworthy he is. I'm sure many remember Bush's lies that sent us into Iraq.

Trump’s Foggy Truth Meets Fog of War
As Trump Accuses Iran, He Has One Problem: His Own Credibility

By Peter Baker

For two and a half years in office, Mr. Trump has spun out so many misleading or untrue statements about himself, his enemies, his policies, his politics, his family, his personal story, his finances and his interactions with staff that even his own former communications director once said “he’s a liar” and many Americans long ago concluded that he cannot be trusted. Fact-checking Mr. Trump is a full-time occupation in Washington...

But it has taken a toll on his credibility with the public. A Quinnipiac University poll last month found that only 35 percent of Americans trust Mr. Trump to tell the truth about important issues versus 52 percent who trusted the news media more.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/u...edibility.html

https://investorshub.advfn.com/board...e_id=149407171

https://www.aucklandmagazine.com/as-...n-credibility/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 10:18 PM

4,655 posts, read 4,102,492 times
First post is gibberish. I have no idea what you are trying to say and not going to read and article from some ****bag ******* rag to find out.

In case you didn't see, Trump decided not to kill a lot of people, and ironically, it is certain libs who have a problem with it. I do not. If he had a pang of conscience, then good for him. I am in no hurry to see people die.

Trump was elected to end wars, not start them, and he knows as much.

Good luck to you with your chosen career of internet troll and dem party useful...er...mouthpiece. I don't listen to a lot of talk radio, but its on a bit when I drive around, so maybe I will catch you in your capacity of seminar caller sometime.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:08 AM

25,440 posts, read 17,128,344 times
I don't care. He's not a Democrat and that's why he was elected.
As far as I am concerned he has more credibility than anyone else who ran in 2016. I can't mention any names because then the Dems will scream, YOU GOT _______ ON YOUR MIND! GET OVER IT!

Old 06-22-2019, 09:24 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,415,671 times
We are at the place where Democrats are openly critical for a president not going to war.

Most of the anti-war movement during the Bush years was a sham. They weren't anti-war, they were anti Bush.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:27 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,850,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
We are at the place where Democrats are openly critical for a president not going to war.
Stop lying.

Quote:
Most of the anti-war movement during the Bush years was a sham. They weren't anti-war, they were anti Bush.
As someone who participated in a number of these anti-war movements before Bush invaded a sovereign nation for nothing, I know for a fact this is another lie.

Why not try the truth for a change? You're not very good at lying.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:30 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,778,210 times
Quote:

Most Democrats and a significant number of Republicans are against war in Iran.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:37 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,819,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Nice that so many understand how totally untrustworthy he is. I'm sure many remember Bush's lies that sent us into Iraq.

Trump’s Foggy Truth Meets Fog of War
As Trump Accuses Iran, He Has One Problem: His Own Credibility

By Peter Baker

For two and a half years in office, Mr. Trump has spun out so many misleading or untrue statements about himself, his enemies, his policies, his politics, his family, his personal story, his finances and his interactions with staff that even his own former communications director once said “he’s a liar” and many Americans long ago concluded that he cannot be trusted. Fact-checking Mr. Trump is a full-time occupation in Washington...

But it has taken a toll on his credibility with the public. A Quinnipiac University poll last month found that only 35 percent of Americans trust Mr. Trump to tell the truth about important issues versus 52 percent who trusted the news media more.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/u...edibility.html

https://investorshub.advfn.com/board...e_id=149407171

https://www.aucklandmagazine.com/as-...n-credibility/
Even if Trump tells you the truth this morning, this afternoon he’ll lie about it. You can’t bank on anything that he says.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:42 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,125,410 times
Quote:

Excuse me, but can you cite some Democrats - with exact quotes and sources - to support your contention, Democrats who clearly said they wanted Trump to go to war?

It's my impression that people aren't critical of Trump for not going to war. That's just his spin. People are critical of a president who has shown himself to be ignorant, gullible, and easily swayed. It's particularly worrisome when he's surrounded himself with people who do want to attack Iran.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:52 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Trump got a lesson on foreign policy this week. He needed it.

All the criticism he tossed at Obama has been proven to apply to him instead. He’s weak, he vacillates, he’s indecisive, and most importantly, he’s a policy dilettante. Fox News has even eaten him up. The guy broadcasted a last minute change on a foreign policy matter ON TWITTER!!

Worse, he’s a big talker with nothing to show for all his woof ticket selling on Venezuela, North Korea, or Iran. Nothing.

About all I can say for him is that at least he didn’t listen to Bolton or Pompeo. But that’s only because he’s scared of the consequences of war.

He’s a wimp. Told y’all he was soft.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:02 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,778,210 times
I'm for whatever keeps us out of war, so I applaud Trump for backing down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies