U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 04:23 PM

17,000 posts, read 11,875,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Hes just spewing hot air to get click bait from his rabid base. He has no principles of any kind.
Trump is principled and focused unlike, kamala harris for example that has been on every side of every issue and unlike Obama who lied about real important issues just to win an election.

Trump delivers, and despite the distorted view by his haters, any move by trump to forward an end to the border crisis or any other issue is met with delusional hysteria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 06:09 PM

79,549 posts, read 33,842,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
That is why we need border security along with disincentivizing coming here. We need to mandate E-verify across the board with $100,000 fines per incident of hiring someone not legally eligible to work in the country, eliminate welfare programs for those not legally here and eliminate the birthright citizenship, either via a Constitutional amendment or proper interpretation by the SCOTUS. That would be a good start.
No one is doing or even suggesting that so again, what is the point?

Old 07-07-2019, 06:13 PM

5,665 posts, read 1,521,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No one is doing or even suggesting that so again, what is the point?
I'm suggesting it. We all understand your point. You continue to make it over and over, which is a good campaign, staying on point. But, we are not running campaigns here, so can we have a discussion about it, rationally?

Old 07-07-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I'm suggesting it. We all understand your point. You continue to make it over and over, which is a good campaign, staying on point. But, we are not running campaigns here, so can we have a discussion about it, rationally?
Yes we can. Obviously it makes no difference. Most will continue to vote for rhetoric.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:15 PM

4,972 posts, read 2,220,367 times
What Trump 'is getting' is closer to election time and realizing how far behind he is in the polls.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:19 PM

5,665 posts, read 1,521,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes we can. Obviously it makes no difference. Most will continue to vote for rhetoric.
I feel you and I have more common ground here than we know, than our ways of communicating would assume. I assume you have the best intentions, and I hope you think the same.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:15 PM

10,828 posts, read 2,784,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Trump spews stuff then changes his mind and hopes people only remember the first thing...or tries to create a diversion. He's a nut, pure and simple.
Is that like the time Trump threatened to keep the govt shutdown for months or even years, if the Senate did not give him the money for his wall?

...But then caved at the 30 day mark and agreed to reopen it, (due to people complaining about not getting paychecks)? LOL

Trump lost all credibility that day, even worse, his adversaries learned his weakness.

Old 07-08-2019, 03:18 AM

Quote:
I feel you and I have more common ground here than we know, than our ways of communicating would assume. I assume you have the best intentions, and I hope you think the same.
There are millions with good intentions but when their politician doesn't follow through they vote to re-elect them again and again.

Not saying this is you, only you know, but very few have any kinds of principles outside of their party.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:00 AM

35,431 posts, read 32,326,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
What Trump 'is getting' is closer to election time and realizing how far behind he is in the polls.
Is Hillary a shoe in again? Asking for a friend.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:04 AM

11,921 posts, read 8,316,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Is that like the time Trump threatened to keep the govt shutdown for months or even years, if the Senate did not give him the money for his wall?

...But then caved at the 30 day mark and agreed to reopen it, (due to people complaining about not getting paychecks)? LOL

Trump lost all credibility that day, even worse, his adversaries learned his weakness.

What is his weakness? That he genuinely cares about people. The Dems claim they do but they would have let the workers go without paychecks because they could blame Trump for it. They allow people to risk their lives on long dangerous marches to get to the border and they block every attempt by Trump to stop it. They risk citizen minorities and America as we know it by championing for the Rights of illegal aliens by blocking every attempt by Trump to stop it.

Trump did lose face that day but the Dems were willing to keep the shut down going forever.

Who is really the bad person/group?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or