Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 03:26 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,072,737 times

Advertisements

Hopefully, the delay announcement is a lie and the sweep goes down as planned and catches twice as many off-guard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 03:32 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,348,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
He is doing the same thing he has done since he first opened his mouth - that is, less than 1% of the stuff he says is what he does. Even then, he doesn't do even that right.

He has no compass, no capabilities and no brain. There was nothing he could do because he doesn't even know how to accomplish things....even in the basic fashion (make laws, etc.).

It's simply BS and Chaos and all about him and Jared and money.
BBM (above) Agree, But par US...U....ALLLL. He opens his Big Mouth to create a Media Frenzy.. Brings it to a boil.. Then takes credit for turning down the heat! It's his "Modus Operandi" of getting attention!!

It's pretty sad his has such an affliction to require "Stroking of his EGO", instead of "Running the Country"

Mark my words. This same particular topic will be repeated PRN ( as needed) !!!

Old 06-22-2019, 03:44 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,733,727 times
Trump knows he needs more votes than just what his crazy base has in order to get elected. He is trying to appeal to a wider swath of America. I kinder, gentler Trump.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:55 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,216,098 times
Trump spews stuff then changes his mind and hopes people only remember the first thing...or tries to create a diversion. He's a nut, pure and simple.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:55 PM

16,002 posts, read 10,563,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This is merely a strategic move by Donny to get the base all riled up for 2020.

Trump has been president for 2 1/2 years now, and yet he suddenly decides to conduct these nationwide ICE raids of sanctuary cities....just FOUR days after his official reelection kickoff?

Thie timing of this was purely to stir up his base headed into election season. Even Trump supporters will admit it LOL
The clown made this this whole episode up with no intention or capability to pull it off. He staged it just to pander to the suckers who were dumb enough to think he would somehow stay focused and follow through with something. It must be disappointing to these saps to have your hopes crushed time and again.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:58 PM

62,484 posts, read 28,711,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just saw this that Trump is calling off the ICE raids tomorrow and will give the Senate time to talk about it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-d...ds-11561230851

This past week we saw him call back a counter attack on the site that fired the missile that took down our drone. He did this when he found out that up to 150 people were expected to be collateral damage in the attack.

For years the Left has been telling us that Trump is a monster, a Hitler dictator wanna be with no heart, someone that would tear families apart and put them into "concentration camps" at the border..

Could the naysayers be wrong? Could Trump actually be a human being with feelings for families, kids and soldiers caught in the crossfire of their leaders mistake? How could this be?

I agree with Trump to call off the counter attack but not so much with calling off the raids of illegal aliens that already had their day in court, were told to leave and didn't.

His decisions of course are political so there has to be an angle which I'm sure will soon be disparaged, extrapolated and spun into a negative frenzy by the Left for weeks but what can you do?

Is calling off the ICE raids a good idea?
No, it isn't! I'm not understanding how he thinks the Democrats are going to negotiate with him over asylum policies when he is offering them little to nothing in return. It's only a two week delay in the deportations. That's not going to satisfy the Democrats if he starts deporting them in two weeks. Something is missing here. Either he is planning to offer them something else where they won't mind if the deportations start in two weeks or he isn't going to do it at all.

This is unacceptable to me. Those ordered for removal should be removed as our laws state and shouldn't be negotiable. I hope there is something in the offing that Trump hasn't made public yet but it better be something that is worth it, benefits the American people and respects our laws and the enforcement of them.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:02 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,368,840 times
Trump's promise of deporting 1 million illegals was just red meat to throw at his base. He did what he always does and backs down. It was unrealistic in the first place and he had no intention of implementing it.

Trump loves the reality tv aspect of the presidency. Keep his fans on edge, then pull the rug from under them.

That is his MO. When will you all learn that simple lesson.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:06 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,536,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But fix the loopholes alone.

The fix can't be tied to other stuff.

What happens is that one side makes a bill all about issue B...and sneaks in all kinds of other things. When the Bill isn't passed then the other side is attacked for not looking after the one basic issue blah blah blah.

I'm tired of those games.

So tired.

And yes both sides do it.
Yes

Already the left is talking about putting in a deal killer !!!

Amnesty for Dreamers and a path to citizenship !!!
That's an issue that has to be tied to completing the wall !!!
No wall no deal ever on the Dreamers !!!

Besides it has nothing to do with the crisis happening on the border currently.
Without the wall its just another magnet to draw more illegals hoping to get in on the amnesty !!!

Old 06-22-2019, 04:34 PM

24,289 posts, read 16,963,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
He is doing the same thing he has done since he first opened his mouth - that is, less than 1% of the stuff he says is what he does. Even then, he doesn't do even that right.

He has no compass, no capabilities and no brain. There was nothing he could do because he doesn't even know how to accomplish things....even in the basic fashion (make laws, etc.).

It's simply BS and Chaos and all about him and Jared and money.

OR could he actually be playing a game of Chess while the Dems are setting up the checkerboard?

I think it is very dangerous to underestimate a man like Trump. The Left did this in 2016 and have been throwing fits since. Trump is a smart guy and though he doesn't sound it he is getting the hang of this political game.

I think he scored points for not counter attacking Iran. He let them know that he was about to but then is willing to back off to apply more sanctions. Iran knows that America doesn't want another war so let the Sanctions work.

I think he also scored points by calling of the raid because now the ball is in the Dems court and they have 2 weeks to talk about a fix for what is going on at the border.

Will they do anything? I doubt it but think about it this way. If anyone of us was found guilty in a court of law and then told to show up at a certain date to serve our time behind bars and we didn't show up the Police would be sent out to collect us. We would also no doubt be given extra time in jail for defying the court order.

The families that Trump had targeted for round up where already told that they needed to leave the country by a certain date, they did not do that so ICE was going to round them up to enforce the court order.

Is the Left calling for these people to be left alone? Are they saying that they are above the Law ? If so we have more problems than people sneaking across the border and defying the law.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:37 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,088,507 times
I think it's more reality show style drama nonsense. He does it all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies