U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 06:42 PM

1,785 posts, read 452,743 times

Advertisements

Maybe Trump was visited by 3 ghosts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 06:44 PM

9,123 posts, read 2,994,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
He’s just spewing hot air to get click bait from his rabid base. He has no principles of any kind.

Trump has always been nothing but a paper tiger. He's eager to bully defenseless targets, such as immigrant children, but wimps-out, when opposition is shown. If his mad-dog advisers manipulate him into committing acts of war, there could not be anyone worse, to handle the reprisals. In this troubled world, having a spineless bully as president, is a sure formula for disaster.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:55 PM

1,376 posts, read 266,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Of course he didn't call it off because of the warm and fuzzy feelings in his heart; let's not be daft about this. He's just smart enough to know the value of political posturing for negotiating leverage.
YOU GET IT!

I can't understand why so many people here seem oblivious to his process, even after 4 years. It's like no matter what he does they are still surprised, no, shocked, no, outraged.

Trump opens his mouth and no matter what he says they go into their feigned outrage mode. It's hilarious.

He's going to arrest illegal aliens slated for deportation by the judges!

OUTRAGEOUS!

He's not going to arrest illegal aliens slated for deportation by the judges!

OUTRAGEOUS!

He's going to get us into a war with Iran!

OUTRAGEOUS!

He's calling off getting us into a war with Iran!

OUTRAGEOUS!

He has two scoops of ice cream!

OUTRAGEOUS! Even though most of us have three scoops. That's the national average.

WTH doesn't outrage these people? Geesh

TDS on display by the weak minded tribe.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:58 PM

36,736 posts, read 16,339,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump has always been nothing but a paper tiger. He's eager to bully defenseless targets, such as immigrant children, but wimps-out, when opposition is shown. If his mad-dog advisers manipulate him into committing acts of war, there could not be anyone worse, to handle the reprisals. In this troubled world, having a spineless bully as president, is a sure formula for disaster.
These aren't "immigrant" children. Immigrant children come here legally with their legal parents. These are the children of illegal aliens and bogus asylum seekers. They've only their parents to blame for their predicament. Stop passing the buck and blaming others. It's BS that they aren't being treating humanely either. We are doing the best we can since thousands upon thousands in caravan after caravan of their parents decided to march up to our border all at once with their kids in tow.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:09 PM

36,736 posts, read 16,339,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump's promise of deporting 1 million illegals was just red meat to throw at his base. He did what he always does and backs down. It was unrealistic in the first place and he had no intention of implementing it.

Trump loves the reality tv aspect of the presidency. Keep his fans on edge, then pull the rug from under them.

That is his MO. When will you all learn that simple lesson.
Red meat for his base? You mean lefties are a base that don't want to see people deported that have had an order of removal by a judge and are in violation of our immigration laws? Is that what your base is all about and what they stand for? Do I need to remind your base that we are a nation of laws?

Old 06-22-2019, 07:19 PM

78,749 posts, read 33,503,872 times
Democrats didn't get to him. He doesn't care what Democrats say. Business leaders got to him.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:25 PM

20,184 posts, read 12,100,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just saw this that Trump is calling off the ICE raids tomorrow and will give the Senate time to talk about it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-d...ds-11561230851

This past week we saw him call back a counter attack on the site that fired the missile that took down our drone. He did this when he found out that up to 150 people were expected to be collateral damage in the attack.

For years the Left has been telling us that Trump is a monster, a Hitler dictator wanna be with no heart, someone that would tear families apart and put them into "concentration camps" at the border..

Could the naysayers be wrong? Could Trump actually be a human being with feelings for families, kids and soldiers caught in the crossfire of their leaders mistake? How could this be?

I agree with Trump to call off the counter attack but not so much with calling off the raids of illegal aliens that already had their day in court, were told to leave and didn't.

His decisions of course are political so there has to be an angle which I'm sure will soon be disparaged, extrapolated and spun into a negative frenzy by the Left for weeks but what can you do?

Is calling off the ICE raids a good idea?
Only sane thing he has done. That was a really stupid idea chasing women and children, But trumpettes don’t give a ratz azz about long term effects.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:26 PM

31,598 posts, read 19,931,965 times
He probably called off the ICE raids next week because NONE were planned. None of the agencies knew anything about it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 06-22-2019, 07:29 PM

1,286 posts, read 391,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
OR could he actually be playing a game of Chess while the Dems are setting up the checkerboard?

I think it is very dangerous to underestimate a man like Trump. The Left did this in 2016 and have been throwing fits since. Trump is a smart guy and though he doesn't sound it he is getting the hang of this political game.

I think he scored points for not counter attacking Iran. He let them know that he was about to but then is willing to back off to apply more sanctions. Iran knows that America doesn't want another war so let the Sanctions work.

I think he also scored points by calling of the raid because now the ball is in the Dems court and they have 2 weeks to talk about a fix for what is going on at the border.

Will they do anything? I doubt it but think about it this way. If anyone of us was found guilty in a court of law and then told to show up at a certain date to serve our time behind bars and we didn't show up the Police would be sent out to collect us. We would also no doubt be given extra time in jail for defying the court order.

The families that Trump had targeted for round up where already told that they needed to leave the country by a certain date, they did not do that so ICE was going to round them up to enforce the court order.

Is the Left calling for these people to be left alone? Are they saying that they are above the Law ? If so we have more problems than people sneaking across the border and defying the law.
Yes agree. Though I am disappointed by this sudden switch I believe there’s a reason for it and the timing is off. But considering we’ve been drowning in illegals for decades as no President wanted to really handle the issue a few weeks won’t matter much.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:34 PM
Status: "Trump: Inept, Incompetent, Insecure" (set 11 hours ago)

10,504 posts, read 6,197,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, it isn't! I'm not understanding how he thinks the Democrats are going to negotiate with him over asylum policies when he is offering them little to nothing in return. It's only a two week delay in the deportations. That's not going to satisfy the Democrats if he starts deporting them in two weeks. Something is missing here. Either he is planning to offer them something else where they won't mind if the deportations start in two weeks or he isn't going to do it at all.

This is unacceptable to me. Those ordered for removal should be removed as our laws state and shouldn't be negotiable. I hope there is something in the offing that Trump hasn't made public yet but it better be something that is worth it, benefits the American people and respects our laws and the enforcement of them.

I actually agree. Although I'm a liberal, if, as President Trump said (although he is a habitual liar) these targeted people had been through the court system and had been ordered deported, then off they should go.

Why make an announcement of his plan ahead of time? Why identify the affected cities ahead of time? Why give the targeted illegals a heads-up? Why stop the process simply because Speaker Pelosi 'asked him' to?

I think Mr. Trump met with Senate Leader McConnell, with Mr. McConnell laying out a plan to turn this to Mr. Trump's advantage in two weeks. "See, the Democrats won't negotiate", the hapless Trump will proclaim in two weeks.

Should any of these targeted illegals murder someone in the next two weeks, it is blood on Trump's hands. Why not? I recall people herein blaming Obama, personally, for that murder of that young girl in San Francisco by an illegal (deported some five times, each time slipped back in).

Here, Trump is knowingly allowing these 10,000 or so illegals, under order of deportation, to remain in this country for two weeks, unimpeded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or