U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2019, 05:56 AM
 
3,351 posts, read 646,818 times
Reputation: 2345

Advertisements

Anyone notice that all the "America-hate" threads on started by either liberals or foreigners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2019, 05:59 AM
 
36,862 posts, read 16,093,653 times
Reputation: 8371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The wars we have been in since WW2 led to the deaths of millions and accomplished nothing. Look at Afghanistan. 18 years and we are in the same place and all we have done is lost many Americans and killed a lot of people defending their homeland. Same with Vietnam, Iraq, etc. We lost in all of them. We have gained zero.
"and accomplished nothing."

Why don't you ask bill clinton WHY he signed the bill for "Regime Change in Iraq"?

And the people of Iraq who now live in Iraq WITHOUT Saddam Hussein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 06:18 AM
 
Location: Fort Payne Alabama
1,208 posts, read 1,584,372 times
Reputation: 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
We have a trade war because our idiot in chief is stupid....that's all...we had no trade war with China until he came into office. yes we had a trade deficit because we like to buy cheap products instead of expensive ones.
We have a Trade War because someone in power suddenly decided to do something about the thousands of closed factories littered across the US. Or it could be because the job situation had gotten so bad that wages not only stagnated but the levels fell. Maybe it was because a large percentage of our population fell out of the labor pool due to the hopeless situation they faced. Possibly because someone finally realized that we were rapidly losing our manufacturing base to other countries.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 08:23 AM
 
1,411 posts, read 815,110 times
Reputation: 2163
The most scathing crticism of Socialism and, praise for America came from a Venzuelan woman I dated.

"You need rules. If everybody is allowed to just do whatever they want, you end with a country like mine, f--ked up."

"Our president, Maduro, he was a bus driver and, the minister of electricity used to be some chopo who sold pasteles out of a cart."

"It's worse than what the news says, gangs shooting regular people, not even other gangs, for food and water.

"I left 2 years ago, and I'm never going back, not even for my family."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 08:32 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,383 posts, read 19,308,072 times
Reputation: 8493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Anyone notice that all the "America-hate" threads on started by either liberals or foreigners?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The UN also said" Who gives rats arse WHAT the UN says?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
The tripe you say. Good thing is, nobody, but NObody, is buying it.
You don't even get what this thread is about. It is about the rogue governments of the US over the decades, not America hating.

And yes, being a foreigner I am naturally much more objective because I have never been exposed to patriotic brainwashing and indoctrination. I don't feel like I have to defend bad people and governments just because I happen to be from the same country. I also write very critical things about the country I live in and the country I came from. Patriotism is like a disease, it makes people blind and abominable, just like it turned Germans into Nazis. Patriots don't like mirrors.

Well, obviously a rogue state doesn't care what the UN says, that is part of being rogue, ignoring laws, agreements, criticism etc.

I don't need anyone to "buy" what I write, because buying implies it is wrong, which it is not.
And, the article linked was written by an American, not me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 08:41 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,383 posts, read 19,308,072 times
Reputation: 8493
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
The most scathing crticism of Socialism and, praise for America came from a Venzuelan woman I dated.

"You need rules. If everybody is allowed to just do whatever they want, you end with a country like mine, f--ked up."

"Our president, Maduro, he was a bus driver and, the minister of electricity used to be some chopo who sold pasteles out of a cart."

"It's worse than what the news says, gangs shooting regular people, not even other gangs, for food and water.

"I left 2 years ago, and I'm never going back, not even for my family."
Venezuela simply has a couple of rather incompetent politicians including a somewhat authoritarian president. They are incompetent no matter whether they are socialist or capitalists. Authoritarian presidents can also be of any political orientation, look at Turkey, Russia or Brazil. And two of the three are also pretty incompetent.

There are indeed nasty gangs, but that problem has been aggravated a lot by poverty, which in turn has been aggravated by the sanctions. When there is poverty, some people turn violent, especially in Latin America, part of the Latino mentality I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 08:44 AM
 
533 posts, read 157,558 times
Reputation: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Anyone notice that all the "America-hate" threads on started by either liberals or foreigners?
Yes i notice that too!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 08:50 AM
 
993 posts, read 169,823 times
Reputation: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
oh gee another hit piece on how bad the US is to the rest of the world, never mind that it is loaded with falacies and presumptions by the author. typical that there just enough truth in the article to make it seem legitimate on the surface.

i will also note that articles like this come out when republicans hold the white house, but rarely if ever when democrats hold the white house, making the suggestion that it is republicans that are the evil killers of the world.
This is the real story of America and making it about Red or Blue is too simplistic. These policies of intervening in other countries span across all modern presidents regardless of Party.

This is where our tax dollars are spent without us knowing where they go. Where do they hide the money on government budgets to run covert operations to overthrow and payoff governments?

How much does all this intervention cost? Are we still adding the cost of overthrowing Guatemala and El Salvador? Are we adding the cost of our border crisis today to the cost of covert intervention in the 70's and 80's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 08:55 AM
Status: "I'm an Unmherkun puppy-kicking Socialist" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Dallas, TX
4,044 posts, read 2,120,231 times
Reputation: 3780
To the OP,

Ahh, it's just that Americans love to flatter themselves about how great and wonderful and moral and polite they are - especially those living away from salt water. They want to believe they are like what it is in this video - with several dollops of Father Knows Best, Leave it to Beaver, and Little House on the Prairie besides. All that was a fantasy even in the 50s and the 19th Century.

Picture the below video on continuous loop for the next upteen decades, with intermissions of James Cagney dancing to "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy" and you'll get the picture of how certain Americans want to think of their country being like.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqe4W08124M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 09:43 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,383 posts, read 19,308,072 times
Reputation: 8493
Yes, black and white footage and poor sound quality always create that impression of the good old days
As if there had been no domestic violence, child abuse, alcoholism, crime, racism, pollution etc. back then...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top