U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 11:34 AM

12,748 posts, read 3,231,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yeah, the US constantly interferes with other governments, but how dare tgey interfere with us.

The truth of the matter is that there has been interference with us by others for a very long time, but it's only really an issue now because Hillary was entitled to the WH.
I can agree this is mostly true...

One study indicated that the country intervening in most foreign elections is the United States with 81 interventions, followed by Russia (including the former Soviet Union) with 36 interventions from 1946 to 2000—an average of once in every nine competitive elections.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig...l_intervention

The question, however, is not regarding the right or wrong of foreign intervention (though we should be against any when it comes to our elections). Why did/does Russia seem to favor Trump over Hillary so, and/or in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 11:35 AM

852 posts, read 320,515 times
Not sure Russia is necessarily pro Trump. In reality Putin and Trump respect each other and are definitely on the same page as far as being extremely opposed to the elite Deep State New World Order bankers that run the world.

Hillary is a Deep State puppet. Did Putin throw some resources behind Trump to ensure his victory and defeat the Deep Stare? Probably but doubt they’ll ever be able to prove it.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:38 AM

45,252 posts, read 17,960,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
..Seems Trump has given Russia something of a pass unlike our government has done before. A "look the other way" sort of thing. That it?.....
What kind of pass?
It was Obama who let Russia take the Crimea and control of the Black Sea. They have been much more contained under Trump.

Why do you keep making up Russian nonsense?

Old 06-23-2019, 11:40 AM

5,397 posts, read 6,538,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
think that is the closest answer. Disinformation and sowing unrest.

Machiavellian but typical of chess playing Russia and a former KGB officer.
Let me add that I do not know that any votes were changed. Perhaps minds were changed with social media and the press beating on the same drum. And as previously stated the DNC/party is more to blame than the Russians.

But I was just answering your question about Russia.

Russia or any other state would find a way to work with our head of state, just as we do with theirs. So if they played with media of any sort it was just business as usual and will be again.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The Russians mainly interfered in the presidential election to sow division. A further benefit for them with Trump's election was his disdain for all the international treaties and coalitions that Russia sees as a threat. Trump's term as POTUS thus far has been a great gift for Russia on the international front. He is undoing decades of collaboration and trust with America's long time allies.
To "sow division," it would seem that an effort to promote and/or undermine BOTH candidates for POTUS would serve Russia best, so I've got to wonder about that reason, but sowing division does seem to make some sense generally speaking, though of what value I've really got to wonder as well. If Russia did in fact get it right about Trump far as you seem to be suggesting, it also seems to me that Trump supporters would take note. Especially since we're talking Russia here.

In part this is also baffling to me. How Trump supporters seem to be so comfy with this Russian favor for Trump in particular. No doubt they've got other reasons that will be interesting to better understand if possible to reconcile these strange new relationship between our POTUS and Russia?

Has there ever been such a leaning toward another candidate for POTUS in U.S. election history?

Old 06-23-2019, 11:41 AM

1,352 posts, read 692,613 times
Quote:
To "sow division," it would seem that an effort to promote and/or undermine BOTH candidates for POTUS would serve Russia best, so I've got to wonder about that reason, but sowing division does seem to make some sense. If Russia did in fact get it right about Trump far as you seem to be suggesting, it also seems to me that Trump supporters would take note. Especially since we're talking Russia here.

In part this is also baffling to me. How Trump supporters seem to be so comfy with this Russian favor for Trump in particular. No doubt they've got other reasons that will be interesting to better understand if possible to reconcile these strange new relationship between our POTUS and Russia?

Has there ever been such a leaning toward another candidate for POTUS in U.S. election history?

The divisions were always there, the left just wants someone to blame, because that's all they do, creating and sowing division.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:43 AM

5,397 posts, read 6,538,749 times
Quote:
I can agree this is mostly true...

One study indicated that the country intervening in most foreign elections is the United States with 81 interventions, followed by Russia (including the former Soviet Union) with 36 interventions from 1946 to 2000—an average of once in every nine competitive elections.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig...l_intervention

The question, however, is not regarding the right or wrong of foreign intervention (though we should be against any when it comes to our elections). Why did/does Russia seem to favor Trump over Hillary so, and/or in general?
OP, Russia does not favor Trump over Hillary. a head of state is a head of state and they will find ways to deal with either candidate. they just look after their own interests, pure and simple.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:44 AM

9,443 posts, read 10,194,349 times
There was a narrative that while Hillary was at the State Department she used the department to sow discord in Russia by inciting public demonstrations against Putin.

"They say Putin and his advisers are also keenly aware that, even as she executed Obama’s “reset” policy with Russia, Clinton took a harder line toward Moscow than others in the administration. And they say Putin sees Clinton as a forceful proponent of “regime change” policies that the Russian leader considers a grave threat to his own survival.

“He was very upset [with Clinton] and continued to be for the rest of the time that I was in government,” said Michael McFaul, who served as the top Russia official in Obama’s national security council from 2009 to December 2011 and then was U.S. ambassador to Moscow until early 2014. “One could speculate that this is his moment for payback.”
"
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...n-putin-226153

Old 06-23-2019, 11:44 AM

3,241 posts, read 1,604,569 times
Quote:
All through the Russian Investigation and since Mueller concluded the investigation it has been made clear the Russians acted in favor of getting Trump elected POTUS. There doesn't even seem to be any question or consternation about that goal for Putin and/or the Russian government. Perhaps a dumb question, but I haven't been able to find WHY it is that Russia should favor Trump for POTUS.

Any of the C-D foreign policy experts have an explanation?

Seriously, I'm not really interested in the obvious anti-Trump insults this question invites. I've searched for the REAL answer, and I can't seem to find a good one despite the overwhelming well documented evidence that the Russians acted on Trump's behalf and may do so again. Why?

The above highlighted is a perfect example of stupid....it was the democrats who hired a foreign agency to product the Steel Dossier using the Russians to find dirt on Trump to help Hillary get elected.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Incorrect. Just because CNN, MSNBC and the NYT told you to think this, doesn't mean it's true.

Time to take a Red Pill son.
I'm certainly willing to hear you out on this if you've got anything other than your say and a red pill to offer...

The evidence of what was reported in this regard by CNN and PRETTY MUCH EVERY OTHER NEWS ORGANIZATION AROUND THE WORLD has been altogether overwhelming and undeniable. Not even Trump denied this. Trump actually INVITED Russia to dig up any mud on Hillary! And Russia very quickly jumped into action to happily oblige.

Trump urges Russia to hack Clinton's email

The campaign later attempted to clarify Trump's remarks, saying he wanted Russia to hand over the emails if they had them.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...ionship-226282

Now Waldo, even about this you are claiming "fake news?" If so, you are establishing a whole new level of denial that even you are hard pressed to justify on any intelligent, reasonable or factual level. You might as well be arguing that Trump didn't actually invite Russia (and wikileaks) to provide any damaging info about Hillary possible, and more to the point of this thread, that Russia gladly obliged!

Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or