Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 11:54 AM

29,341 posts, read 9,531,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Not sure Russia is necessarily pro Trump. In reality Putin and Trump respect each other and are definitely on the same page as far as being extremely opposed to the elite Deep State New World Order bankers that run the world.

Hillary is a Deep State puppet. Did Putin throw some resources behind Trump to ensure his victory and defeat the Deep Stare? Probably but doubt they’ll ever be able to prove it.
"Probably" seems more than evident given the facts that have come out about this "bromance" between Trump and Putin (as characterized some time back)...

Old 06-23-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You must not be keeping up with current events.
Comments with a little more substance please. Substance, otherwise I'm at a loss what to think about comments like yours. I don't know many people who keep up with current events to the degree that I do, and at a minimum I don't recall much other than divisiveness since Obama "the black, foreign-born, Muslim, communist out to ruin the country" came on the scene. The birther nonsense promoted no better than none other than Trump, our POTUS today!

Old 06-23-2019, 11:59 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,684,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
All through the Russian Investigation and since Mueller concluded the investigation it has been made clear the Russians acted in favor of getting Trump elected POTUS. There doesn't even seem to be any question or consternation about that goal for Putin and/or the Russian government. Perhaps a dumb question, but I haven't been able to find WHY it is that Russia should favor Trump for POTUS.

Any of the C-D foreign policy experts have an explanation?

Seriously, I'm not really interested in the obvious anti-Trump insults this question invites. I've searched for the REAL answer, and I can't seem to find a good one despite the overwhelming well documented evidence that the Russians acted on Trump's behalf and may do so again. Why?

1) They knew Hillary would not be as kindly to their agendas as would Trump. They feared Hillary.

2) Trump has a history of business dealings and loans with them, so they figured they had him by the short hairs.

3) They felt Trump was not what we might call "smart" and would be easily manipulated. He licks Putin's boots every chance he gets.

4) They were playing games with our election results, and knew Trump would not go after them, after all, they handed him the election.

From what we have seen so far, Putin knew what he was doing quite well. Trump has been the most pro Russian, weakest President, we have ever had.

Old 06-23-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Hillary would've wanted war, with Trump there's only more sanctions which benefits Russia more than it does us. The devaluation of their ruble means manufacturing will invest in Russia like it did in China. Also a lot of their capital is located offshore and with a president that doesn't play games, the people in control of that money better put it back into Russia, and why wouldn't they, it's worth more in Russia.
Not sure what supports your claim that Hillary "would've wanted war," but of course substantiating opinion in this forum is not required with much other than say so...

Does seem that the alienation of our allies and efforts to hobble countries like China and Iran tends to work in Russia's favor. If this too is part of why Russia favored Trump, then to their credit, but either way, Americans should be okay with none of this.

Old 06-23-2019, 12:09 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,416,578 times
Quote:
I'm certainly willing to hear you out on this if you've got anything other than your say and a red pill to offer...
I already gave it to you.

Under Obama/Biden policies Russia annexed the Crimea and took control of the Black Sea and Obama did nothing. Russians shoot down a civilian aircraft and Obama did nothing.

And you blame Trump for giving Russia a free pass.

Why do you keep making up nonsense?

Old 06-23-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What kind of pass?
It was Obama who let Russia take the Crimea and control of the Black Sea. They have been much more contained under Trump.

Why do you keep making up Russian nonsense?
Obama "let Russia take the Crimea and control of the Black Sea?"

Who is making what up here?

If it were Trump and not Obama, you would be highlighting what great constraint Trump is exhibiting, like now going on with Iran, but this sort of "heads I win and tails you lose" manner of logic is impossible to take seriously. Add the denial of even Russia's favor toward Trump, and those new heights of denial you are reaching have become altogether insurmountable!

Old 06-23-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
The divisions were always there, the left just wants someone to blame, because that's all they do, creating and sowing division.
I think I've heard this broken record just a little too long already...

Again, substance please. Possible?

Old 06-23-2019, 12:13 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,140,034 times
Quote:
"Probably" seems more than evident given the facts that have come out about this "bromance" between Trump and Putin (as characterized some time back)...
I agree. Trump and Putin are the two biggest anti Globalists on the planet. Trumps father Fred was heavily involved against the anti Globalist movement as well so it’s in Trumps DNA.

The bromance is predictable. Both are macho alpha males cut from the same cloth.

Old 06-23-2019, 12:14 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,416,578 times
Quote:
Obama "let Russia take the Crimea and control of the Black Sea?"

-
And Obama gave them a free pass for shooting down a civilian airliner too. Obama turned over the US manned space program to the Russians. Under Obama American astronauts have to ride Putin's space ships to get to OUR space station. This is Obama giving the Russians everything.

Trump hasn't done anything like this.

Nothing made up except in your OP.

Old 06-23-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Let me add that I do not know that any votes were changed. Perhaps minds were changed with social media and the press beating on the same drum. And as previously stated the DNC/party is more to blame than the Russians.

But I was just answering your question about Russia.

Russia or any other state would find a way to work with our head of state, just as we do with theirs. So if they played with media of any sort it was just business as usual and will be again.
And as such, anything goes? All is okay? No point in keeping foreign influence from influencing our elections however difficult it may be to measure the effects?

"It's always been this way" was the kind of argument slave owners used to make...

Last edited by LearnMe; 06-23-2019 at 12:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies