Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 03:09 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Things like a living wage, universal healthcare, protecting the environment, and protecting Roe v Wade and marriage equality are popular things outside the Trump base. Trump has offered the middle class nothing except appeals to emotion and prejudice. Making brown people or gay people suffer doesn't improve the lives of middle class Americans at all.

Of course Fox News is going to spin it so their audience believes the Dems care only about fringe issues.
Ok, Let's see what happens in 2020.

The dems do care way too much about fringe issues, especially in places like Ca. Whether one watches Fox news or not, You just listen to what the dems themselves say and do and of course you can tell that they care about too much silly crap. What bathrooms people use, giving illegals benefits and drivers licenses and silliness on that order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 03:49 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Even if that's so, they are a lot more in touch with the voters than Trump is. I'm strongly against reparations for slavery for instance, but if its between voting for a pro-reparations Democrat and voting for Trump I'll gladly vote Democrat.

Trump offers nothing if you aren't a white, heterosexual, fundamentalist Christian who believes in a strictly enforced patriarchal society.
more in touch eh?

Last I checked, the average voter does NOT want:

Amnesty for millions of illegal aliens
Major tax increases
late term abortion
Reparations
UN dictating US policy
Sharia law

Old 06-24-2019, 03:52 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
more in touch eh?

Major tax increases
late term abortion
Reparations
UN dictating US policy
Sharia law
Hey look, you’ve hit all of the nonsensical right-wing talking points, the most comical of which is that Democrats want “Sharia Law”.

Prove it, or GTFO.

Old 06-24-2019, 03:52 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
more in touch eh?

Major tax increases
late term abortion
Reparations
UN dictating US policy
Sharia law
No one wants Sharia Law
Don't know where you came up with that UN talking point
Late term abortion is a strawman that doesn't exist
Major tax increases is another strawman

As for reparations, not touching that one
And as for amnesty, mass deportations aren't a viable solution, so short of killing them en masse, what do you suggest?

Old 06-24-2019, 03:58 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Hey look, you’ve hit all of the nonsensical right-wing talking points, the most comical of which is that Democrats want “Sharia Lawâ€.

Prove it, or GTFO.
It's Republicans constantly trying to push for laws to enforce their religious views on the entire country whether they share them or not.

All Muslims want is religious freedom; the same thing Christians have in this country.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:10 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Tell that to the kids held in the detention camps. I've been hearing horror stories. So for some, yes, indeed, the sky is falling.

That being said, I don't think even that is enough to get people to do anything about the current dumpster fire in the White House. Especially when I see reactions on this forum to kids living in deplorable conditions right on our own soil, when some of the only responses I get are send them back to where they came from. As if children know where they came from. But if that is how so many feel, then re-electing Trump would not surprise me at all.

Oh, sorry.

I was unaware that there were never any kids held in facilities at the border until Trump was elected.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:12 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
I swear, it seems like they are doing everything in their power to sabotage themselves/ They are doing one of two things

1. Complain nonstop about Trump

2. Offer insane ideas that will never work just to pander to a certain group

Is anyone really thinking that is going to work?

Not only will they not win the White House in 2020, but they'll lose the House and get further plastered in the Senate. The party is just a few short years away from extinction. They've just got no message. None.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:14 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
more in touch eh?

Major tax increases
late term abortion
Reparations
UN dictating US policy
Sharia law
None of these thing will happen but your echo chamber tells you differently.

I'm surprised you left off the Dems will take your guns away like Obama did also !

Old 06-24-2019, 04:35 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Not only will they not win the White House in 2020, but they'll lose the House and get further plastered in the Senate. The party is just a few short years away from extinction. They've just got no message. None.
It's sad that you believe that

Old 06-24-2019, 05:33 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
None of these thing will happen but your echo chamber tells you differently.

I'm surprised you left off the Dems will take your guns away like Obama did also !

You are right, none of those things WILL happen. The American people won't stand for it. But Commissar Pelosi will certainly try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies