U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-25-2019, 05:14 AM
 
6,389 posts, read 5,460,830 times
Reputation: 8880

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
DEMS ARE GOING TO WIN!!!!! for Trump in 2020.

Mrs Skeff. IM TELLING YOUR HUBBY! lol.

Bawac is a very much left of center in the middle of church country OK. HE REALLY NEEDS TO MOVE. BAWAC move. Dude Im not being mean. This would be like T310 or Tall Traveller moving to Castro Street in SF. You are clearly in the wrong place.

DH is busy right now...he's in the kitchen doing the dishes. You might be able to catch him before he starts the laundry.

All kidding aside, our marriage (of 38 years) is very 50/50. I'm only home 3 days a week during the summer (I spend the other four at our DD's house babysitting our grandsons), and he's more than willing to help pick up the slack. Still a keeper. No "patriarch" attitude. His late father, on the other hand...glad he didn't inherit it.

I just don't understand all the "assumptions" about Republicans and conservatives, especially Republican women. We're not barefoot and browbeaten. Oldest DD runs a successful business, is raising two kids, and does all the finances for her business AND household. Might I add, she and her DH are also Republican Trump supporters (and atheists)? I don't think Bawac wants to hear that. Doesn't fit the mold.

Edit: I also need to add that I frequently witness my Republican son-in-law cooking, vacuuming, doing laundry and dishes. Not to mention changing diapers.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 06-25-2019 at 05:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-25-2019, 06:08 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
9,942 posts, read 8,073,510 times
Reputation: 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
DH is busy right now...he's in the kitchen doing the dishes. You might be able to catch him before he starts the laundry.

All kidding aside, our marriage (of 38 years) is very 50/50. I'm only home 3 days a week during the summer (I spend the other four at our DD's house babysitting our grandsons), and he's more than willing to help pick up the slack. Still a keeper. No "patriarch" attitude. His late father, on the other hand...glad he didn't inherit it.

I just don't understand all the "assumptions" about Republicans and conservatives, especially Republican women. We're not barefoot and browbeaten. Oldest DD runs a successful business, is raising two kids, and does all the finances for her business AND household. Might I add, she and her DH are also Republican Trump supporters (and atheists)? I don't think Bawac wants to hear that. Doesn't fit the mold.

Edit: I also need to add that I frequently witness my Republican son-in-law cooking, vacuuming, doing laundry and dishes. Not to mention changing diapers.
My wife is a Trumper. I cannot stand him. (Couldnt stand Hillary either) Somehow we survive. LOL. Here is the key for me. I will happily let her be wrong. I have ZERO desire to argue why I think he is a turd and she will not change anyway. It does not matter and I am not bothered by who she votes for. We are "Jersey poor" so it isnt like we make enough to buy a member of congress so that we actually did matter.

I do most of the household chores. It is a standoff with my kids and wife trying to make each other do them. I do not have time for such arguments. Threw one laundry load in as I walked out to work. Will throw in another load tomorrow morning. Rinse repeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 06:17 AM
 
7,578 posts, read 2,225,450 times
Reputation: 9129
Democrats won't win because they keep pandering to the fringes. So many people I know who were diehard democrats are no longer. They don't understand what happened to the party. They can't make heads or tails of it. They are tired of the party calling everyone who isn't lockstep with the talking points racist, bigoted, women-hating homophobes.

And do I think the DNC is hoping for a win? No. Absolutely not.

Just look at the nonsense being parroted. No sane person would vote for that. The entire platform is built off transgender/LGBTKHSBFKAKDJF, reparations for XYZ, and promoting free stuff to illegals. They completely ignore 95% of the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 06:33 AM
 
26,632 posts, read 9,061,236 times
Reputation: 9274
Do democrats really want the WH in 2020?

NO

Their polices are guaranteed to get them a seat in the outhouse !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 07:03 AM
 
11,431 posts, read 8,433,395 times
Reputation: 7081
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The "chaos" doesn't come from Trump.

It comes from the Left and the media's overreaction to Trump.

News Flash:

The sky is in fact not falling.
Any pragmatic look at our current economy tells me all is not as great as some think.

IMO, POTUS Trump will be re elected.

Just as sure as Joseph taught Pharaoh, there are 7 years of feast and 7 years of famine. That downturn will come.

We have a huge debt due to the Iraqi invasion started by lies plus tax cuts for the rich. The last round was only good for a few years.

What then? Our debt is so high there can be no stimulus.

This country won't elect another Republican for a 100 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 07:11 AM
 
Location: A safe distance from San Francisco
8,549 posts, read 6,142,101 times
Reputation: 8485
The Democrats know they have no chance. Because Trump has mastered and is flying high with what it was to be a Democrat - 50 years ago. Add to that his genuine personal connection with the people and he's a one-man dynasty, if there ever was one.

The Dems ought to realize that there will come a day - and sadly too soon - when the Republicans will revert back to their default mode of running an empty suit Wall Street puppet. And the Rs will once again be the coyote to the Ds road-runner, like they were in recent years before Trump. The Ds will wish they hadn't built the minefield of baggage they're mindlessly wasting their energies upon today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 07:14 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,748 posts, read 8,797,445 times
Reputation: 6445
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The Democrats know they have no chance. Because Trump has mastered and is flying high with what it was to be a Democrat - 50 years ago. Add to that his genuine personal connection with the people and he's a one-man dynasty, if there ever was one.

The Dems ought to realize that there will come a day - and sadly too soon - when the Republicans will revert back to their default mode of running an empty suit Wall Street puppet. And the Rs will once again be the coyote to the Ds road-runner, like they were in recent years before Trump. The Ds will wish they hadn't built the minefield of baggage they're mindlessly wasting their energies upon today.
And the dems are too arrogant to think that their hateful rhetoric is turning moderates off and making Trump into a sympathetic character. Their message is nothing more than one-upmanship from the others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 07:23 AM
 
Location: NC
7,007 posts, read 4,961,957 times
Reputation: 7761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I swear, it seems like they are doing everything in their power to sabotage themselves/ They are doing one of two things

1. Complain nonstop about Trump

2. Offer insane ideas that will never work just to pander to a certain group

Is anyone really thinking that is going to work?
That was almost exactly Trump's strategy, and it worked for him. He didn't want it, and did everything he could to sabotage his campaign. He won according to how votes are counted in our land.

It's early, but so far I agree with your assessment of the Dems. I hope it works for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
18,927 posts, read 6,860,994 times
Reputation: 5855
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And the dems are too arrogant to think that their hateful rhetoric is turning moderates off and making Trump into a sympathetic character. Their message is nothing more than one-upmanship from the others
Anyone who tRump garners sympathy from is not worth knowing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,748 posts, read 8,797,445 times
Reputation: 6445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
That was almost exactly Trump's strategy, and it worked for him. He didn't want it, and did everything he could to sabotage his campaign. He won according to how votes are counted in our land.

It's early, but so far I agree with your assessment of the Dems. I hope it works for them.
I disagree.

During his entire campaign, Trump had a clear and unwavering message.

And for someone who didnt "want it" he sure worked his but off to get it--4 rallies a day, 4 days a week..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top