U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 01:56 PM

12,025 posts, read 5,705,334 times

Advertisements

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that very, very few have ever actually known any "trans people" ..... I have known quite a few (long story that would probably be boring) - Off the top of my head, I would say I've known at least 6 pretty well. The first one I have met was in the 1980's and it was rare - a female who transitioned to male and he was about 40. Full transition with surgery/medications.

Would I room with any of them (male or female) ? - Yep.
Would I room with any of them (male or female) who was using "identity" as some sort of excuse? NOPE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 01:57 PM

985 posts, read 165,692 times
Sure because I am a grown Azz man, not some child.

I can sleep next to my adult niece without going Trump and grabbing Wahoo's
I can sleep next to my little adolescent niece and not go ROY MOORE on her.
Grown men care about real stuff, this is not a real to working men who have bills to pay and families to feed.

I played football professionally and college for years, walked around the locker room naked as did my team mates and guess what, NO Sword fighting. That is 100+ penises of all sizes and colors daily and guess what? No one got violated, and YES some guys are in the closet to everyone outside, but in the locker room, you know who they are and still no stupid Sword Fighting or violations. These topics are stupid.

I have no fear that my anus is at risk if that is what your asking.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:57 PM

20,077 posts, read 11,142,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Does rooming with someone come with some implicit mandatory requirement for sexual intercourse with the roommate? If not, what the hell do I care what a roommate identifies as/is/wants to be/etc?
That seems to be the presumption these days, regardless of the sex/gender combination of the roommates.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:00 PM

18,262 posts, read 10,362,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
my ex brother-in-law was talking about being in the army with a "gay" person in the 1960s when i was maybe 12...it struck me even then what do you care? are you afraid it will rub off? that he will want you? or that you will be mad if he doesn't want you?
NO; what he's afraid of is succumbing to his baser desires he's managed to keep suppressed so far. It's the same with all these Jimmy Lee Swaggart types.

Fixating on this silly nonsense says what about the fixator? "I'm only in this closet with the door closed and the lights off because I'm looking for my shoes".

Old 06-24-2019, 02:00 PM

2,215 posts, read 646,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

I don't even understand the title.

What's a "trans person of opposite sex"?
Substitute the word "fake" for "trans," and things may become a bit more clear.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:04 PM

18,262 posts, read 10,362,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Does rooming with someone come with some implicit mandatory requirement for sexual intercourse with the roommate? If not, what the hell do I care what a roommate identifies as/is/wants to be/etc?

Sexual orientation, gender identification, etc...none of these personal traits are contagious. So why does it matter? Also, none of these things implies sexual predation, so why worry?

Give me a flaming, militant, "Mr. Slave carrying Liberace on his back" rainbow warrior who is clean, tidy and pays his share of rent on time over some socially acceptable hetero-cis bro who is a slob & wastrel who doesn't contribute to the household...every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Roommates aren't judged on who they bump uglies with in their own space, but how well they share bills and responsibility with me in the common space.

Seriously, WhyTF would I care about gender/sexuality over cleanliness, fiscal responsibility and polite behavior? The crap you people think up to concern yourself with....kind of amazing.
Now if we could only see your post on billboards all the way down I-75 & 95 maybe people would stop obsessing and fearing things irrelevant.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:18 PM

5,789 posts, read 3,255,517 times
I already have done this. And lived to tell about it, even.

She was a very nice person and I enjoyed her company.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:20 PM

7,568 posts, read 2,219,660 times
Is the person a jerk?

Stable?

Able to kick in money for the room?

Good hygiene?

Snorer?

Thief?

Old 06-24-2019, 02:22 PM

6,867 posts, read 2,519,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Is the person a jerk?

Stable?

Able to kick in money for the room?

Good hygiene?

Snorer?

Thief?
There you go...actual criteria for judging roommates. It's as if a sane, rational person wrote that.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:24 PM

40,423 posts, read 39,951,648 times
Meh, whatever, I don't care much about these sorts of things. As long as the person was ok and polite enough otherwise I wouldn't give it much thought.

It kind of reminds me how so many straight guys aren't comfortable around gay men. I don't suspect every gay man wants to copulate with me. Not sure why so many straight men automatically go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or