U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2019, 04:38 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
2,901 posts, read 2,008,313 times
Reputation: 5833

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Would you want to share a hospital room with a person of the opposite biological sex?
The fact someone in my hospital room is the opposite biological sex wouldn't bother me so much, but if I'm sick enough to be in the hospital, I wouldn't really want to share a room with anyone if there were a way to avoid it. It's wouldn't be a "political" issue. Just let me recuperate in privacy, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2019, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
30,434 posts, read 20,087,445 times
Reputation: 8359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Or maybe he's grossed out by homosexuality like most of humanity.
Perhaps the the more fundamental question is why segregate showers simply because of sex if the underlying issue is sexuality?

If heterosexual men can shower with homosexual men and heterosexual women can shower with homosexual women, why can't heterosexual men shower with heterosexual women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Big Island of Hawaii & HOT BuOYS Sailing Vessel
4,953 posts, read 1,956,485 times
Reputation: 1813
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I don't even understand the title.

What's a "trans person of opposite sex"?
I had to read the post carefully to catch the OP's intention.

If you are male, would you share a hospital room with someone who was born female and had surgery to become male?

My answer is yes.

I suspect those who answer no would not want to share a hospital room if the person has...

A different religion
A different skin tone
Or a different sexuality

Or for that matter different political leaning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Places you dream of
20,180 posts, read 12,100,888 times
Reputation: 8757
Lol silly question - many will say ok -others no, I say what would you do if trapped some way because of some catastrophic event. And you n them only ones there. Then what ?? Now answer the question. FYI don’t matter with me, if I’m sharing a room with a stranger, I must be in dire straights and Ill keep my mouth shut and be thankful of where I am .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
33,235 posts, read 20,075,992 times
Reputation: 12982
To me, the question is more like "Do you want to share a room with a stranger." Well, I don't like the idea of sharing a room with a stranger, period. Them being trans don't really make a difference to me.

They probably don't want to share a room with me either, for the same reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 05:35 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
8,516 posts, read 2,456,235 times
Reputation: 4478
Shrug, no issues. I have been stuck sharing a room with a straight male who was the most filthy, disgusting, pig who stank of body odor and unwashed feet. I have been stuck in a car with a man who coughed like he had TB and who also had the worst breath imaginable.

Compared to those experiences, sharing a room with a Transgender, or gay person or a woman is no issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Big Island of Hawaii & HOT BuOYS Sailing Vessel
4,953 posts, read 1,956,485 times
Reputation: 1813
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Perhaps the the more fundamental question is why segregate showers simply because of sex if the underlying issue is sexuality?

If heterosexual men can shower with homosexual men and heterosexual women can shower with homosexual women, why can't heterosexual men shower with heterosexual women?
For gay men it can be hard to shower in the company of other men at all. Pun intended.

I believe in part this is the reason many newer schools now design individual shower booths instead of big open rooms.

Showers like that further beg your point. Further, while dressing younger people these days tend to carefully wrap themselves in a towel and never expose anything while changing. So the requirements for separation of the sexes is disappearing behind curtains and towels.

Personally, I view all of this new modesty as unhealthy and feel it leads to more long term problems and social ills.

If it were up to me, I think it would be nice to live in one big naturist park where clothing was only used for protection from the elements and not made up social concerns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
947 posts, read 199,896 times
Reputation: 1386
No. I don't want live with a woman who smells like a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 05:37 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
8,516 posts, read 2,456,235 times
Reputation: 4478
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I had to read the post carefully to catch the OP's intention.

If you are male, would you share a hospital room with someone who was born female and had surgery to become male?

My answer is yes.

I suspect those who answer no would not want to share a hospital room if the person has...

A different religion
A different skin tone
Or a different sexuality

Or for that matter different political leaning
If they never shut up about it I would request another room and there are those who just won't drop the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Big Island of Hawaii & HOT BuOYS Sailing Vessel
4,953 posts, read 1,956,485 times
Reputation: 1813
I think I would have a quick recovery if I had to share a room with an avid Trump supporter who did nothing but sing his praises.

Perhaps we have stumbled onto a solution to the high cost of medical care in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top