Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 04:38 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,606,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Would you want to share a hospital room with a person of the opposite biological sex?
The fact someone in my hospital room is the opposite biological sex wouldn't bother me so much, but if I'm sick enough to be in the hospital, I wouldn't really want to share a room with anyone if there were a way to avoid it. It's wouldn't be a "political" issue. Just let me recuperate in privacy, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 05:14 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Or maybe he's grossed out by homosexuality like most of humanity.
Perhaps the the more fundamental question is why segregate showers simply because of sex if the underlying issue is sexuality?

If heterosexual men can shower with homosexual men and heterosexual women can shower with homosexual women, why can't heterosexual men shower with heterosexual women?

Old 06-24-2019, 05:17 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I don't even understand the title.

What's a "trans person of opposite sex"?
I had to read the post carefully to catch the OP's intention.

If you are male, would you share a hospital room with someone who was born female and had surgery to become male?

My answer is yes.

I suspect those who answer no would not want to share a hospital room if the person has...

A different religion
A different skin tone
Or a different sexuality

Or for that matter different political leaning

Old 06-24-2019, 05:19 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Lol silly question - many will say ok -others no, I say what would you do if trapped some way because of some catastrophic event. And you n them only ones there. Then what ?? Now answer the question. FYI don’t matter with me, if I’m sharing a room with a stranger, I must be in dire straights and Ill keep my mouth shut and be thankful of where I am .

Old 06-24-2019, 05:25 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,592,812 times
To me, the question is more like "Do you want to share a room with a stranger." Well, I don't like the idea of sharing a room with a stranger, period. Them being trans don't really make a difference to me.

They probably don't want to share a room with me either, for the same reason.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:35 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Shrug, no issues. I have been stuck sharing a room with a straight male who was the most filthy, disgusting, pig who stank of body odor and unwashed feet. I have been stuck in a car with a man who coughed like he had TB and who also had the worst breath imaginable.

Compared to those experiences, sharing a room with a Transgender, or gay person or a woman is no issue.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Perhaps the the more fundamental question is why segregate showers simply because of sex if the underlying issue is sexuality?

If heterosexual men can shower with homosexual men and heterosexual women can shower with homosexual women, why can't heterosexual men shower with heterosexual women?
For gay men it can be hard to shower in the company of other men at all. Pun intended.

I believe in part this is the reason many newer schools now design individual shower booths instead of big open rooms.

Showers like that further beg your point. Further, while dressing younger people these days tend to carefully wrap themselves in a towel and never expose anything while changing. So the requirements for separation of the sexes is disappearing behind curtains and towels.

Personally, I view all of this new modesty as unhealthy and feel it leads to more long term problems and social ills.

If it were up to me, I think it would be nice to live in one big naturist park where clothing was only used for protection from the elements and not made up social concerns.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:37 PM

938 posts, read 446,295 times
No. I don't want live with a woman who smells like a man.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:37 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I had to read the post carefully to catch the OP's intention.

If you are male, would you share a hospital room with someone who was born female and had surgery to become male?

My answer is yes.

I suspect those who answer no would not want to share a hospital room if the person has...

A different religion
A different skin tone
Or a different sexuality

Or for that matter different political leaning
If they never shut up about it I would request another room and there are those who just won't drop the subject.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:47 PM

I think I would have a quick recovery if I had to share a room with an avid Trump supporter who did nothing but sing his praises.

Perhaps we have stumbled onto a solution to the high cost of medical care in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies