Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 03:41 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the leftist will be flying his hammer & sickle flag?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 03:49 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
They haven't said exactly when or where they will do this, whether it will be done when President Trump is present and/or in one of the usual "protest zones" out of sight of normal people.

But you can probably count on the far-left media to give it more coverage than they give the actual 4th of July celebration.

-------------------------------------------------

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...y-fourth-rally

'Burn that rag!' Activists to desecrate the flag at Trump July Fourth rally

by Steven Nelson
June 24, 2019 04:38 PM

Sparks will fly in Washington as activists torch an American flag to protest President Trump's July Fourth "Salute to America," which Trump claims will be one of the largest events in city history.

Longtime flag-burning activist Gregory "Joey" Johnson of the Revolutionary Communist Party told the Washington Examiner, "I'm going to be there in D.C.," and "that rag of empire and oppression is going to burn."

Johnson is well known for winning a 1989 Supreme Court case that invalidated state laws against flag burning. He declined to share the time and location of next week's protest or say how many other activists will participate.

Trump will appear at the Lincoln Memorial at 6:30 p.m., ahead of fireworks at dusk.
Ignore them.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:00 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Like Trump's beloved Russia?
That only exists in the delusional minds of libs.

Hillary and Biden actually have political and financial ties to Russia, which the left loves to ignore. They are not opposed to Russian collusion (as it is peachy with Hillary and Biden), but just Trump.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:08 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That only exists in the delusional minds of libs.

Hillary and Biden actually have political and financial ties to Russia, which the left loves to ignore. They are not opposed to Russian collusion (as it is peachy with Hillary and Biden), but just Trump.
Well, I'm sure that if Biden's connections to Russia are illegal or unethical it will come out. So far I haven't seen anything that would disqualify him. As for Hilary, she can enjoy her retirement on the ash heap of history.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:13 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Well, I'm sure that if Biden's connections to Russia are illegal or unethical it will come out. So far I haven't seen anything that would disqualify him. As for Hilary, she can enjoy her retirement on the ash heap of history.

Biden has yet to be investigated, however, there is a very ample amount of preliminary evidence that will eventually be explored.

Not to mention Biden's dealings with China.

The problem with these politicians who are not previously wealthy is that they sell political influence to become fabulously wealthy. Biden, Gore, and the Clintons are prime examples.

How the hell do you think Biden became rich by being a politician? By "serving the people"?

Old 06-26-2019, 08:18 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Biden has yet to be investigated, however, there is a very ample amount of preliminary evidence that will eventually be explored.

Not to mention Biden's dealings with China.

The problem with these politicians who are not previously wealthy is that they sell political influence to become fabulously wealthy. Biden, Gore, and the Clintons are prime examples.

How the hell do you think Biden became rich by being a politician? By "serving the people"?
I just looked up Biden's net worth. It's $1.5 million. You call that rich?

Old 06-26-2019, 08:22 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
They haven't said exactly when or where they will do this, whether it will be done when President Trump is present and/or in one of the usual "protest zones" out of sight of normal people.

But you can probably count on the far-left media to give it more coverage than they give the actual 4th of July celebration.

-------------------------------------------------

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...y-fourth-rally

'Burn that rag!' Activists to desecrate the flag at Trump July Fourth rally

by Steven Nelson
June 24, 2019 04:38 PM

Sparks will fly in Washington as activists torch an American flag to protest President Trump's July Fourth "Salute to America," which Trump claims will be one of the largest events in city history.

Longtime flag-burning activist Gregory "Joey" Johnson of the Revolutionary Communist Party told the Washington Examiner, "I'm going to be there in D.C.," and "that rag of empire and oppression is going to burn."

Johnson is well known for winning a 1989 Supreme Court case that invalidated state laws against flag burning. He declined to share the time and location of next week's protest or say how many other activists will participate.

Trump will appear at the Lincoln Memorial at 6:30 p.m., ahead of fireworks at dusk.

What do you care? If you love America, than you would deal with it. That's what makes America so great, they can burn the flag if they want to. Our founding fathers gave us the freedoms we so enjoy.

Personally, I think people who burn American flags, or any other flags for that matter, idiots and simply seeking attention. but that is THEIR prerogative.

As a general statement, if somebody expressing their first amendment rights makes you angry, you might be a sensitive little snowflake.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:07 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wrong. leftists just desperately want it to be a rally so they can spend the day wailing with rage and gnashing their teeth while cursing trump's name over and over again.
And how is this different from their usual behavior when Trump isn't having a rally?

Old 06-26-2019, 09:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
really? burning the flag is no more offensive than a guy wearing a shirt that looks like a flag but isn't actually a flag?

Shirley you don't really believe that
I can tell you from firsthand experience, many vets are very much offended at people who wear the American flag on their clothing! I was called out on this years ago by a retired vet who was a co worker. I apologized and admitted I had never heard of this in regards to the flag, although after I knew, I no longer wore anything with the American flag on it!

Old 06-26-2019, 10:14 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I can tell you from firsthand experience, many vets are very much offended at people who wear the American flag on their clothing! I was called out on this years ago by a retired vet who was a co worker. I apologized and admitted I had never heard of this in regards to the flag, although after I knew, I no longer wore anything with the American flag on it!
well, to me, it is all about intention.

Many people don't know flag code, I only know that

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property. (b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

I won't be too harsh on people who don't know better. In my opinion (opinion being the keyword here) being overly offended by people who don't know the details of flag code is unnecessary.

Regarding burning the American flag, well, It is only understandable to be upset about certain things that certain people in this nation of many ethnicities and many ideologies might do. It is particularly understandable to be upset about such things when they are done by people who have institutional authority. However, before we resort to the lazy sensationalist measure of burning the flag, we should consider the fact that the flag does not just represent that one thing that we dislike. It does not just represent that one group that disagrees with us. It does not just represent the bad of this country. It also represents the good.

So make sure they understand the message they send out to the general public. Like I posted earlier, last time I checked, American flag is not a police flag, it is not a white supremacist flag, it is not a Democrat flag, it is not a Republican flag, it is not an obama flag, it is not a Donald Trump flag. It is American flag. Burning it? well, make sure you (the general term) understand the message you send out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies