Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 09:25 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,487,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Men don’t wait in lines for the bathroom because we go in there and do what needs to be done and leave. When women stop using it for a social center or to primp and fluff their hair then maybe they won’t wait in line.

Men don’t wait in line to go to the john
Interesting because I have witnessed men’s lines at public venues. So yes, you do wait in line.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:34 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,863,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Let me know when men start getting periods, when they get pregnant, and when they get morning sickness from their pregnancies and then get back to me about the error in her reasoning. Women need to go to the bathroom more often and spend more time their for these reasons. And most of the time women are the ones who bring their small children to the bathroom too. And they also develop urinary incontinence more. So yes, she's exactly right.
Quote:
Men don’t wait in lines for the bathroom because we go in there and do what needs to be done and leave. When women stop using it for a social center or to primp and fluff their hair then maybe they won’t wait in line.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. They might touch up their makeup, however, I might point out that makeup wearing is often expected to meet an arbitrary standard of beauty imposed by men, right? I got a job requiring makeup wearing but, oddly, they didn't require the guys to wear it and didn't pay me more to wear it than they did the bare faced male employees So there's a double standard right there. Besides, since you are not a woman, how do you know what we do in restrooms and how long each task takes? I can assure you we do very little socializing. Bathrooms aren't exactly attractive social venues. Most of our time is spent peeing, pooping, changing bloody tampons, and trying to convince our sullen three year olds to "go potty for Mommy."

Old 06-25-2019, 10:07 AM

35,939 posts, read 30,488,406 times
Quote:

If women primp and fluff in a public bathroom they arent doing it in the stalls. So your assertion doesn't hold water.

Just FYI public restrooms IRL are not like what is portrayed in movies and TV where women go to freshen their makeup and cry on each other shoulders. Women also do what need to be done and leave its just for women there is more that needs to be done.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:15 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,547,939 times
It is not that hard to figure out. Women all need a stall to sit down in where as at least half the guys who go into into the restroom are just using a stand up urinal for 20 seconds. Urinals take up way less space. Then of course they do take longer in there fixing their makeup or whatever.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:21 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,820,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If women primp and fluff in a public bathroom they arent doing it in the stalls. So your assertion doesn't hold water.

Just FYI public restrooms IRL are not like what is portrayed in movies and TV where women go to freshen their makeup and cry on each other shoulders. Women also do what need to be done and leave its just for women there is more that needs to be done.
Exactly so. The last thing I want to do is spend time in a public restroom. I want to get in and out as fast as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer
It is not that hard to figure out. Women all need a stall to sit down in where as at least half the guys who go into into the restroom are just using a stand up urinal for 20 seconds.
You get it. That's why women's facilities should be at least twice as large as men's. And why this is not a feminist issue. It's an issue every woman in the world faces.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:25 AM

24,343 posts, read 22,903,146 times
Its because of all the mental defectives who can't get through life without looking at their cell phones every waking minute.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:26 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,547,939 times
They need to be large enough to accommodate as many people at once as the men's room theoretically does. I am not sure that dictates they need be twice as large, which may not always be realistic or feasible, but I will leave that to the building designers and other people paid to figure that stuff out.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:35 AM

35,939 posts, read 30,488,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Its because of all the mental defectives who can't get through life without looking at their cell phones every waking minute.
It was this way before cell phones.
(some of us are old enough to remember life pre cell phone)

Old 06-25-2019, 10:38 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,744,815 times
LOL OP - guess gotta find something to complain about.

As a lady, I'll admit I've used men's bathrooms before. Especially when I had a potty training girl and she had to go and I didn't want to wait for her to pee her pants in the ladies line.

So I'd go in and cover her eyes and tell the men they have nothing to fear since I've seen enough penises in my life that theirs won't be anything I'm interested in and I took her to the toilet.

IMO there should just be one super large bathroom in airports and public places. A line of urinals, stalls galore and some changing tables. There's not reason IMO for 2 separate bathrooms.

But I'm probably too feminist or liberal for you all's taste. Honestly though I'd think it would be cheaper to just build one super large bathroom and it would cut down on lines and trying to find your friends/family afterwards in large public areas like airports and parks.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:40 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,744,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Male bathrooms don’t usually have diaper changing facilities.

It’s common to see females tending to young children potty in public facilities. Then there’s the young children who can take forever to relieve themselves while humming Twinkle- Twinkle.

And obviously it takes more time to take off your coat, pull down one’s pants, take care of business and WASH up afterwards.

At one point in time I had an office across from the men’s room. I spent a lot of time on the phone and during calls observed male peers entering/ exiting the bathroom. About half were in the process of unzipping before they entered. Given the elapsed time between entry/ exit and the absence of the audible hand drier, it was obvious most did not wash their hands afterwards.

Then there were the guys with a newspaper who were obviously going to settle in for a spell.

Don’t get me started about the guy who brought his lunch in with him every day and eventually departed sans the bag.

The bold is disgusting!!!

I also agree that oftentimes men are "out" before they go and don't even wash their hands. Ladies have their own issues in the bathroom (peeing on the seats/floor is the worse IMO) but I've never seen anyone go into the bathroom to eat - yuck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies