Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 12:00 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post

Interesting because I have witnessed men’s lines at public venues. So yes, you do wait in line.
True. I went to a symphony in Houston late last year. Just prior to the performance, I and what appeared to be about 100 other guys all got the same idea...to hit the head before the performance started.

I arrived at the men's room to find the aforementioned 100 guys lined up out the door and into the adjoining hallway. More guys were showing up to use the men's room every time the elevator door opened. Across from the men's room door was that for the ladies' room. No line. One or two ladies would enter, then leave. Traffic through the ladies' room door was sparse by comparison to that of the men's room.

I asked myself, "Why is there no line for the ladies' room? Wouldn't we expect there to be a lot of women who need to use the facilities prior to the performance? Usually, if there's a line stretching around the corner for the men's room, the line for the ladies' room would stretch out the front door and halfway around the block. What gives here?"

Apparently somebody else waiting in the men's room line noticed this situation also, and spoke to one of the ushers. The usher (female) then sallies forth into the ladies' room and clears it of all female patrons. Upon re-emerging from the ladies' room, the usher diverted some of the guys waiting in the men's room line into the ladies' room, and directed any arriving women to another ladies' room down the hall.

I figured that the usher deserved a standing ovation for quick thinking. I hope the custodial crew responsible for cleaning the borrowed restroom did not have to suffer unduly in their task. If they did, then they may have thought somewhat less of the usher's quick action than we did.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:00 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
When I was in Italy I went to the bathroom at this pizza place. Took a ****, then washed my hands. As I was washing my hands, a woman came out of the stall and was washing her hands beside me. She didn't ssem concerned, so I assume that unisex restrooms must be the norm over there.

Frankly it'd solve several problems if we did the same in Merica.
There are some things that go on in Europe that generally don't fly here. That would be one of them. Nude sunbathing another.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:20 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Too funny. I have used the men’s room a few times when I was younger but I definitely did not make a big deal about it, announcing to the men present that they have nothing to fear and that I’ve seen enough penises in my life that theirs won’t be anything I’m interested in. Quite frankly, saying something silly like that would just be weird.

LOL I started saying that when a couple times, men jumped and acted all afraid when I came in. Most I don't believe cared, but after that I started telling them they don't have anything I've not seen before, I've seen a lot of penises (and I'd add that the girl I'm bringing in to use it should be proof enough lol). It put the last one who jumped at ease a bit I think but I really was not coming in to shock them. My daughter had a rough 6 months potty training and always had to go as soon as we got somewhere and there was a line at the ladies room. She loved (still loves) public restrooms like a lot of little kids. Luckily today, she can go to the ladies by herself and can hold it lol.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:22 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I've never seen anyone take their lunch to the bathroom either, gross, but I have been witness (hearing) people talking to others on their cell phone while they are in there. I'll never forget a co-worker in the restroom one day. I was washing my hands, and she was in the stall, talking to her child's teacher WHILE she was going. That's pretty nasty - I'm sure that teacher enjoyed that.

Also, males are not the only guilty party when it comes to "not washing hands" afterwards. There was a reason I didn't participate in company potlucks at work.

ITA with the bold. IMO the women are worse at this than the men. College girls especially. I went back to school in my late 20s to finish my degree and man....those girls were disgusting and never washed their hands. I actually told some of them to wash their hands like I was their mother. I saw this the most in our Student Center cafe bathrooms - the girls would go use it, then go buy something to eat and eat it with their hands...yuck! I'd be scrunching my face the whole time thinking of them eating pee and fecal matter.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:25 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So how did you come to experience women standing around the bathroom mirror discussing hot guys or co workers, etc. while the line formed out the door?
I'm female. Duh. And eventually, part of that line is in the actual restroom. Duh.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:23 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes, now its quite obvious with the use of the Duhs. My apologies I forget that you are female. So you often experience women holding up the stalls by chit chatting about hot guys and b itchy co workers while women are lined up to pee?
Not me, in all my years of standing in restroom lines, it’s never for girls too busy chatting while one or both of them is using the stall. That kinda doesn’t make sense. Like, they’re still busy chatting to each other after they’ve done their business & they choose to stay in their stalls while doing it? I don’t get it.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:28 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Heh. I was recently at a tech convention (computer networks) and the male/female ratio was probably along the lines of 20 to 1. The lines were obviously at the mens' restrooms, and the general attitude was that it was - on the whole - perfectly fair that it was our gender who got the short end of that stick, for once.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:32 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,061,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL I started saying that when a couple times, men jumped and acted all afraid when I came in. Most I don't believe cared, but after that I started telling them they don't have anything I've not seen before, I've seen a lot of penises (and I'd add that the girl I'm bringing in to use it should be proof enough lol). It put the last one who jumped at ease a bit I think but I really was not coming in to shock them. My daughter had a rough 6 months potty training and always had to go as soon as we got somewhere and there was a line at the ladies room. She loved (still loves) public restrooms like a lot of little kids. Luckily today, she can go to the ladies by herself and can hold it lol.
I doubt if they "jumped and acted all afraid" (anyway, wouldn't that cause a bit of a mess if that really happened?). I'm sure it was unexpected but if they were afraid of anything it would probably be being accused of "assault" or "harassment" by a female in the bathroom using such an instance to play the victim.....Am I extrapolating?? Yes...but not by much.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:39 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,564,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post

I'd say it's pretty sexist that women get to take a seat and rest when peeing, while men have to stand and exert more effort. Standing must be mandated for women to foster equality and to avoid being sexist.

Because remember, feminists are all about equality. *Wink, wink.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:58 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
The solution is urinals for females. Sure keep a few stalls in there as well but theres no need for stalls just to pee. Thatll speed things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies