U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 09:26 AM

26,694 posts, read 9,079,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
I wonder how many toothbrushes, toothpaste and soap could be bought with all of our tax money he wastes flying down to play golf.
It not a waste !!!

Its helping keep our President healthy and he gets to maintain his Adonis like body image !!!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Adonis

The perfect man, with a flawless physique, heart of gold, and mind of steel, who makes hearts patter and gives girls butterflies in their stomachs with his ……(( tiny hands ) )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 09:39 AM

23,129 posts, read 12,300,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Maybe you could explain how he created this situation. I've heard no jobs, gangs and other situations down south.

The Border Patrol basically runs Holding cell type facilities for adults.
They are not equipped to be orphanages for kids in Holiday Inn facilities.

Democrats can't complain about the kids conditions then deny the funds to improve.

Bunch of hypocrites.
Trump stepped up family separation as a way to try and deter asylum seekers, underestimating the violence and dangers those families were facing in their home country and what they were willing to risk to make a better life. They also made the process at the legal ports of entry more cumbersome, and detained more asylum seekers.

Once they stepped up the family separation policy, they failed to implement procedures to be able to track the children once separates. Some parents have been sent back or have been released but can't find their kids.

That puts a burden on resources that are already heavily taxed.

Trump tried to discourage people from wanting to claim asylum, it didn't work and the resources have been maxed out.

We can argue it is not 'our' (USA's fault), blah blah...doesn't matter. We have kids in facilities that are not getting proper care.

We are better than that.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:50 AM

14,404 posts, read 7,926,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yet Trump is being made the bad guy for overcrowded conditions, lack of toothbrushes, soap, etc. Pelosi and the Democrats are a joke.
Yet Trump found lots of money for a vanity border wall that will not stop migrants from seeking asylum. I know, he could stop wasting tax payer dollars with his every weekend trip to one of his golf clubs, at what is 3 million a pop? That could buy a whole lot of tooth brushes, soap, and beds for those poor kids. Heck he could fund all if it in less than a month if he stayed in the white house.

Yes Trump is the bad guy. Like every CEO of any company the buck stops at the top and his policies dictate the treatment of these people.

I'll never understand the mentality of anyone who could harm a child, condone it, or cover it up. SMH. It's despicable and well, deplorable.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:06 AM

839 posts, read 1,108,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
iCE does not announce intentions before acting.

Yet, Trump did so.

Obviously, something compelled postponement.

Then again, Trump announced a Middle Class tax cut last year that was going to be approved before the Midterms. Neither the WH or Congress were aware of it and nothing became of it.

Trump has a history of saying a lot of things.

As for Ingram’s remarks about Pelosi...
Pelosi is one of 435 members of the House of Representatives who happens to be Speaker of the House. She has no authority over her district. Ingram knows this but could not resist the opportunity to spread misinformation.

I wish you'd wake up. I'm right in the middle of middle class and my tax tier dropped from 25% to 22%. The company I work for was afforded some new equipment because there was a tax incentive to do so. We've gone from 4-6 workers that were spending half their time at home on unemployment under Obama, to being full up with work for 19 workers and offering overtime. Furthermore, our work/sales volume has tripled, so even though my company got a tax break we're paying in **2-1/2 times** the taxes we were before. The owner is also paying MORE taxes, because the changes in federal tax deductions reduced their deductions but overall they are happy to pay more because they are making more too. Lastly we are a company that is taking American materials and labor and making American products. All due to Trumps policy changes. But noooooo.....orange man bad.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:13 AM

36,883 posts, read 16,377,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
I wonder how many toothbrushes, toothpaste and soap could be bought with all of our tax money he wastes flying down to play golf.
Are you unaware that Trump doesn't even take a salary? If I remember correctly Obama was an avid golfer also. Presidents deserve their time off just like anyone else. Funds allocated for funding this crisis on the border is a separate issue. Why don't the Democrats donate their salaries for this crisis since they created it by denying Trump the wall funds we need, refusing to change our asylum policies and refusing to allocate funds for this crisis as Trump requested?

Old 06-25-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I wish you'd wake up. I'm right in the middle of middle class and my tax tier dropped from 25% to 22%. The company I work for was afforded some new equipment because there was a tax incentive to do so. We've gone from 4-6 workers that were spending half their time at home on unemployment under Obama, to being full up with work for 19 workers and offering overtime. Furthermore, our work/sales volume has tripled, so even though my company got a tax break we're paying in **2-1/2 times** the taxes we were before. The owner is also paying MORE taxes, because the changes in federal tax deductions reduced their deductions but overall they are happy to pay more because they are making more too. Lastly we are a company that is taking American materials and labor and making American products. All due to Trumps policy changes. But noooooo.....orange man bad.
So my story is completely different.

I live in a community that started to see real economic growth three years before Trump took office. We were starting to feel and appreciate the slow steady economy recovery before Trump was even a nominee.

The tax cut meant last year we took home a little more each pay check but this year with the adjustments made to correct withholding tax issues, we are back to where we were two years before. The IRS botched the withholding tax situation in 2018 and now it is fixed.

Wage growth -- good for you. I suspect it was stalled with the stalled productivity of the company you work for. We still haven't seen any big wage growth in our house but not sure that's Trump's fault. Even with a more competitive job market, in our area wages don't seem to be keeping up with the cost of living. It's unique to this area I think so I won't assume you have the same conditions.

The tax breaks given to us last year didn't change a thing for the company my husband works for, or for our take home pay.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you unaware that Trump doesn't even take a salary? If I remember correctly Obama was an avid golfer also. Presidents deserve their time off just like anyone else. Funds allocated for funding this crisis on the border is a separate issue. Why don't the Democrats donate their salaries for this crisis since they created it by denying Trump the wall funds we need, refusing to change our asylum policies and refusing to allocate funds for this crisis as Trump requested?
Yeah but that's a game.

Trump has chosen to make Mar a Lago his second working office so he can golf. Those trips to Mar A Lago cost more than his salary does. He has chosen to donate his salary and we pay for his week ends at Mar a Lago (no Obama did not travel every other week end to Mar a Lago for golf).

Old 06-25-2019, 10:26 AM

19,512 posts, read 17,761,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It not a waste !!!

Its helping keep our President healthy and he gets to maintain his Adonis like body image !!!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Adonis

The perfect man, with a flawless physique, heart of gold, and mind of steel, who makes hearts patter and gives girls butterflies in their stomachs with his ……(( tiny hands ) )

Hahahahahahahahaha, thanks for the laugh phma. His fat ass can't even walk 100 yards.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:05 AM

34,297 posts, read 18,581,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Here you go. This helps explain it.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...d-trump-226573

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Here is how his policies have made things worse.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...d-trump-226573

So, lets get this right.....it's trumps fault that the US gives away free stuff to those who illegally cross the border (prior to him becoming our president), now he wants to enforce current immigration laws.....and it's his fault, enforcing those laws, and everyone is trying to get here for free stuff.....

SAD, that's the way you look at it.....but what can we expect....

Old 06-25-2019, 11:56 AM

839 posts, read 1,108,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So my story is completely different.

I live in a community that started to see real economic growth three years before Trump took office. We were starting to feel and appreciate the slow steady economy recovery before Trump was even a nominee.

The tax cut meant last year we took home a little more each pay check but this year with the adjustments made to correct withholding tax issues, we are back to where we were two years before. The IRS botched the withholding tax situation in 2018 and now it is fixed.

Wage growth -- good for you. I suspect it was stalled with the stalled productivity of the company you work for. We still haven't seen any big wage growth in our house but not sure that's Trump's fault. Even with a more competitive job market, in our area wages don't seem to be keeping up with the cost of living. It's unique to this area I think so I won't assume you have the same conditions.

The tax breaks given to us last year didn't change a thing for the company my husband works for, or for our take home pay.

I typically received a tax return of around $600. When the tax code changed my paychecks increased, but I had to pay $97 when I did my 2018 return. Overall though, it was a net gain that was almost enough to cover my car payment.

Our wage growth has been directly countered by increases in health care plan expenses, Washington has surpassed even California and is now the 6th most expensive for premiums and out of pocket expenses in the US. Yet its not breaking news, that every illegal having their 6th kid and homeless tweakers suffering their 14th overdose getting free care at the hospital and rest of us that are insured are paying for. Instead, the illegal shouldn't be here and the homeless addict locked up in rehab, but our liberal city governments won't jail them, deport them, or put them in rehab, nor will they bust the drug dealers that sell to them. The people working at the hospital are pretty open about it, stating that 1 out of every 4-5 patients or more has no insurance, the hospital will end up eating that bill and has no choice but to bill the insured more so they don't go broke.

We supply products to the building industry and prior to the 2016 Election the only investment we were seeing, even into areas that were STARVING for more housing, was by Chinese investor groups. The tax rates were just too high to make it pencil for companies and US investor groups to consider more projects. Meanwhile the area is growing rapidly and rents were going to the moon because there were more than 10x the people moving in than there was new units available. Now there are multitudes of buildings/developments going up and rents are coming down and more people have places to live.

While some of these issues were put into motion by republican actions, liberal policy has only worsened the situation in many cases. Sadly the whole country is dealing with higher cost of living, mainly for housing, and I can only point at excessive regulation and ???? behind this. I know it took a coworker 2-1/2 years to get a building permit after a myriad of studies, fee's, and whatnot for a 1,000sq/ft home on a lot that was already serviced with a cleared homesite.

So, overall if I'm just looking at my own situation things are about par, but looking at everyone else's including our workers, things are much better almost all the way around. No workers on unemployment, new equipment, uncle Sam is getting more tax money, and our owner is making money.

Last edited by rkcarguy; 06-25-2019 at 12:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or