U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-25-2019, 05:37 AM
 
25,881 posts, read 39,160,903 times
Reputation: 13870

Advertisements

Bernie, claims wall street has to pay for student loans, but wants to pay that through a tax on Wall Street which results on every 401K being taxed!

Bernie needs to go back to a real school for a 101 in accounting!

Aside from that, who9 will be motivated to study in College as having fun and getting 4 years of the best time of your life, results in the same result...no study loan and zero motivation to study!

When you give a free phone, free car, etc. to young people, they are less careful with the item then when they pay for the same items, themselves!

That was 30 years ago, the case and still is the case.

It is repulsive to listen to the left wing non sense to basically tax us up our eye balls for free stuff for Antifa and other people who are too lazy to do anything.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-25-2019 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: Needs to be a separate thread, doesn’t match title and cause a lot of thread hijacking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-25-2019, 06:23 AM
 
66,493 posts, read 30,325,536 times
Reputation: 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Bernie, claims wall street has to pay for student loans, but wants to pay that through a tax on Wall Street which results on every 401K being taxed!

Bernie needs to go back to a real school for a 101 in accounting!

Aside from that, who9 will be motivated to study in College as having fun and getting 4 years of the best time of your life, results in the same result...no study loan and zero motivation to study!

When you give a free phone, free car, etc. to young people, they are less careful with the item then when they pay for the same items, themselves!

That was 30 years ago, the case and still is the case.

It is repulsive to listen to the left wing non sense to basically tax us up our eye balls for free stuff for Antifa and other people who are too lazy to do anything.

Most minorities already are qualifying for scholarships and other grants so it is parents of students who have to pay for their own kids through their 401K!
Yep. Every 401K, every IRA, every pension... They will ALL be taxed to pay for Bernie's plan. So... yep... even those who would be considered at the lower end of the middle class spectrum... that retired public school janitor, retired public school lunch lady, etc., will be taxed on their retirement income to pay for Bernie's socialist pipe dream .

What most fail to realize is that with $28 trillion worth of investments held in US workers'/retirees' pensions, 401Ks, IRAs, etc., the VAST majority of those who will be taxed to pay for Bernie's socialist pipe dream are those in the middle class and below.

There was a long thread about this yesterday, and it was absolutely stunning to see how many people had NO clue whatsoever that the vast majority of American workers and retirees will be hit by Bernie's proposed tax. You see, while Bernie "says" it's "a tax on Wall Street," it's actually a tax on investment transactions, so no one can add or withdraw money from their retirement pensions/accounts/etc. without incurring the tax.

Too many Americans are financially illiterate, and that's how Bernie can get away with lying to them like this.

Last edited by InformedConsent; 06-25-2019 at 06:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 06:29 AM
Status: "The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: Florida/Tennessee
2,416 posts, read 4,311,104 times
Reputation: 1282
Average student debt is a bout 37K. That is equivalent to a new car loan. How is this a problem? Our nation's economy provides opportunity to afford the unaffordable via loans and credit.

A little financial pain is a good thing. How many people bought their first new car with cash? or bought their first home without a mortgage?

Our economy thrives on loans and credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 06:32 AM
 
3,367 posts, read 652,172 times
Reputation: 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Average student debt is a bout 37K. That is equivalent to a new car loan. How is this a problem? Our nation's economy provides opportunity to afford the unaffordable via loans and credit.

A little financial pain is a good thing. How many people bought their first new car with cash? or bought their first home without a mortgage?

Our economy thrives on loans and credit.
Excellent point. I don't hear the liberals crying that young people are saddled with a car loan.

(Although that could be next: Anyone under 25 with a car loan....forgiven!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 06:34 AM
 
Location: Austin TX
6,006 posts, read 3,467,932 times
Reputation: 8114
Ole Sanders has just been dying to cut fat slices off of Americans’ investments. It’s his answer to everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 06:39 AM
Status: "The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: Florida/Tennessee
2,416 posts, read 4,311,104 times
Reputation: 1282
I believe in forgiving transgressions, but not responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 06:41 AM
 
Location: Cape Cod
11,843 posts, read 8,251,936 times
Reputation: 20356
Bernie and the other Dems that are campaigning on handing out Free stuff all need to take an economics class. The money to pay for all these free programs has to come from somewhere and they don't seem to understand this OR they don't want anyone to realize it. VOTE FOR ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU FREE STUFF.... we will figure out the details later...





How about lowering the interest rate on the student loans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 06:49 AM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
27,554 posts, read 17,643,245 times
Reputation: 15626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Excellent point. I don't hear the liberals crying that young people are saddled with a car loan.

(Although that could be next: Anyone under 25 with a car loan....forgiven!)
Anything to buy votes from deadbeats. Tuition loans in particular should be for students to better prepare themselves for a career, specifically a career that pays well above the average wage for unskilled work. Otherwise why pay for a degree? As such-why should taxpayers end up being on the hook to pay the bills for people that will in all likelihood be making significantly more than them upon graduation? Why are we paying for "treats" for higher-income taxpayers?

Oh, you say we should pay for those degrees that don't prepare people for adulthood, a job, a decent income? WHY? If you choose to spend 4 or more years of your life on such a degree-you are playing with your hobbie, not preparing for a career. And why in the hell should the taxpayers pay for that?

The bigger issue-incentive to succeed and make wise choices. Those that have to pay their own bills have a lot more incentive to work hard, complete their degree-and choose a degree program that has a reasonable chance for a job offer. Take that incentive away, and college becomes even more of a 4 year snowflake party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 07:04 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
9,950 posts, read 8,081,025 times
Reputation: 4208
Free college and loan forgiveness is a terrible idea.

Im all ears if you want to start reforming post secondary education, possibly making it more affordable by vast changes to county college offering the top 12ish bachelors degrees as measured by employer demand. IE ACCT, ME, RN, Teacher...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2019, 07:08 AM
 
Location: Austin TX
6,006 posts, read 3,467,932 times
Reputation: 8114
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Free college and loan forgiveness is a terrible idea.

Im all ears if you want to start reforming post secondary education, possibly making it more affordable by vast changes to county college offering the top 12ish bachelors degrees as measured by employer demand. IE ACCT, ME, RN, Teacher...
Yes. I absolutely agree. How many liberal arts majors with 75k student loans do we need?!

We also need to deploy more career assessment testing to high school students. Not everyone has the aptitude for college, and there are still significant trades that offer education and training that can result in great careers for those not suited or not interested in traditional secondary education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top