U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 11:47 AM

14,981 posts, read 13,339,243 times

Advertisements

There is a lot of political demand for fake news and outright lies, because the truth is too lame and boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 12:19 PM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
There is a lot of political demand for fake news and outright lies, because the truth is too lame and boring.
True.

There is great potential for an SNL skit out there where they all promise increasingly impossible things to supporters. COuld be really funny.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:02 PM

6,862 posts, read 6,194,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Oh, so he's being Kavanaughed? Boohoo....
As I've always said. We have no evidence that Kavanaugh drunkenly groped Blasey Ford. However, there was a bunch of other behavior that Kavanaugh exhibited that would indicate that he was capable of impulsively doing something like that.

Maybe there is some debauchery in Mayor Pete's past that the right can drudge up, but please don't totally make it up.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:25 PM

2,792 posts, read 885,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Biden and Bernie supporters are scared, bigly, of Pete Buttigieg.

He's got everything desirable for a Democrat politician which they don't have.
For a change, I sort of agree with you. While we may not be "scared, bigly" as you say, I do think Pete has some very winnable attributes. He is young, energetic, intelligent as Hell, sort of a modern JFK. He is a lot like AOC in many respects, someone to be watched.

Not sure if America is ready to accept a gay man in that position, but I hope we have evolved enough to vote on substance, as opposed to things like his sexual preferences. If he doesn't do it this time, I think he will be in there again in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or