Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 10:09 AM

6,387 posts, read 4,078,983 times

Advertisements

https://www.advocate.com/news/2019/4...Sc8maxLokB-S9Y

Quote:
Far-right activists Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman helped coordinate a fake campaign against Democratic presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg through a Medium post on Monday that accused the mayor of sexual assault.

The two men used fake social media accounts for a 19-year-old Ferris State University student named Hunter Kelly on Monday without his knowledge or consent to publish a vague post accusing the presidential hopeful of assault this past February.
Good thing that young man has a conscience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 10:13 AM

39,792 posts, read 26,279,785 times
Oh, so he's being Kavanaughed? Boohoo....

Old 06-25-2019, 10:21 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,680,948 times
I was just thinking about something. Never, in my life, have I seen the utter ugliness that has taken over our political process and our politics. Yes, we always had strong back and forth discussions, but this is a whole new level of disgusting attacks on every politician who dares to put his or her hat in the ring. We used to have class and dignity, but those seems like long gone attributes that we no longer care about.

Not only do these attacks center on the hopeful themselves, but it extends to their families and even people they barely know.

I fully expect us to degrade to the tactics of some 3rd world banana republic before too much longer. We will see political rivals hung and shot in the streets. America really needs to take a close look at what we have lowered ourselves to, this isn't the country I know and love any longer.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:30 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,327,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
https://www.advocate.com/news/2019/4...Sc8maxLokB-S9Y

Good thing that young man has a conscience.
Obama did sign the law that made it perfectly legal to spread Fake News.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...aganda-act-law

Obama Quietly Signs The "Countering Disinformation And Propaganda Act" Into Law

NOTE: The bipartisan Countering Disinformation and Propaganda Act is organized around two main priorities to help achieve the goal of combatting the constantly evolving threat of foreign disinformation from our enemies:
  • The first priority is developing a whole-of-government strategy for countering THE foreign propaganda and disinformation being wages against us and our allies by our enemies. The bill would increase the authority, resources, and mandate of the Global Engagement Center to include state actors like Russia and China as well as non-state actors. The Center will be led by the State Department, but with the active senior level participation of the Department of Defense, USAID, the Broadcasting Board of Governors, the Intelligence Community, and other relevant agencies. The Center will develop, integrate, and synchronize whole-of-government initiatives to expose and counter foreign disinformation operations by our enemies and proactively advance fact-based narratives that support U.S. allies and interests.
  • Second, the legislation seeks to leverage expertise from outside government to create more adaptive and responsive U.S. strategy options. The legislation establishes a fund to help train local journalists and provide grants and contracts to NGOs, civil society organizations, think tanks, private sector companies, media organizations, and other experts outside the U.S. government with experience in identifying and analyzing the latest trends in foreign government disinformation techniques. This fund will complement and support the Center’s role by integrating capabilities and expertise available outside the U.S. government into the strategy-making process. It will also empower a decentralized network of private sector experts and integrate their expertise into the strategy-making process.

Government run Fake News and propaganda, used to counter internet news sources that are not operated under "Operation Mockingbird"
When that didn't work as well as expected...... Social Media were colluded with, to silence the truth and let the lies through.

Tech leaders give big to Obama, Democrats

Ten Bay Area technology leaders who dined Thursday with President Obama have contributed nearly $1 million in the past decade to Obama and candidates for Congress, most of them Democrats, according to an analysis by MAPLight.org of Berkeley. Two of the president's guests Thursday, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Stanford University President John Hennessy, did not contribute to those campaigns from 2001 through 2010, the analysis found. Donations to President Obama are included in the contribututions to Democrats.
Total Democrat funding $735,53

Total funding $913,134

Old 06-25-2019, 10:32 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,370,061 times
Biden and Bernie supporters are scared, bigly, of Pete Buttigieg.

He's got everything desirable for a Democrat politician which they don't have.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:33 AM

77,712 posts, read 59,844,990 times
People would go find people willing to make up allegations against a candidate to smear them? Or create false accounts of such events? I'm shocked #sarcasm.

The only thing I'm surprised about here is that it was far-righties, normally they'd save their dirty tricks for once the dems have picked their candidate. This is the phase of the primaries where they smear each other instead.

If these two weasels broke any laws I hope they get in big trouble, at a minimum sued by the student.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:35 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,517,048 times
So what goes around comes around !!!

Its OK it was only a joke and intent isn't provable !!! So we have been informed !!!

Old 06-25-2019, 10:36 AM

77,712 posts, read 59,844,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Biden and Bernie supporters are scared, bigly, of Pete Buttigieg.

He's got everything desirable for a Democrat politician which they don't have.
They're already trying to kneecap him as *racist*.

This is a real danger imo for Democrats swinging race, gender etc. around in the primaries is that they can damage a candidate irreparably with some segments.

For example, Hillary never recovered with black voters after her 2008 showdown with Obama where both her and Bill got hit with racism accusations.

Identity politics is like using poison gas in ww1. Winds shift.

Last edited by Mathguy; 06-25-2019 at 11:18 AM..

Old 06-25-2019, 10:38 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,327,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
People would go find people willing to make up allegations against a candidate to smear them? Or create false accounts of such events? I'm shocked #sarcasm.

The only thing I'm surprised about here is that it was far-righties, normally they'd save their dirty tricks for once the dems have picked their candidate. This is the phase of the primaries where they smear each other instead.

If these two weasels broke any laws I hope they get in big trouble, at a minimum sued by the student.
Obama made it perfectly legal.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...aganda-act-law

Old 06-25-2019, 10:40 AM

25,332 posts, read 16,968,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
I was just thinking about something. Never, in my life, have I seen the utter ugliness that has taken over our political process and our politics...................
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it has not been there.
But to your point the internet has empowered those who will say almost anything to influence the opinion of someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies