U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 02:15 PM

5,644 posts, read 7,521,434 times

Advertisements

The news is filled with events(demonstration) concerning these illegal children in these detention centers, and there seems no solution.
I have one.
How about we find out what country these children are from, and put them on planes back to their own country.
Let their country officials deal with them.
Why should this be our problem?
We didn't create the problem.

If we have laws that state they are allowed to stay, then perhaps we need to change those laws, and think of America first.

Why should we taxpayers have to spend millions of dollars on people who don't belong here in the first place?

Bob.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:24 PM

11,147 posts, read 6,500,353 times
Democrats don’t want to lose future voters.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:43 PM

20,577 posts, read 9,999,312 times
I know some Mexicans who came here legally who agree with you.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:46 PM

26,580 posts, read 9,046,557 times
Democrats say nothing should stand in the way of their pandering to their future voters !!!

They want to raise them on gov. assistance and get them dependent on gov.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:08 PM

5,644 posts, read 7,521,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I know some Mexicans who came here legally who agree with you.
Mike, in answer to your rep to me,if I were 40 years younger, I would consider it.

They say age is only a number, and in many cases that is true.
For being eighty, I still possess a quick, spirited mind, and rational thinking, but that old age mantra stops me from doing what you suggested.
Actually put me along side both Trump, and Biden, and one would say I am the younger of the group.

Bob.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:12 PM

1,053 posts, read 162,994 times
Those are future DACA and possible voters.

Democrats cannot lose their future votes.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:15 PM

1,605 posts, read 408,134 times
How about we donít rip the kids away from their families? How about a little humanity? Iíd like to know what azzhole thinks itís OK to persecute the children for the supposed crimes of the parents.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:24 PM

5,292 posts, read 2,689,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The news is filled with events(demonstration) concerning these illegal children in these detention centers, and there seems no solution.
I have one.
How about we find out what country these children are from, and put them on planes back to their own country.
Let their country officials deal with them.
Why should this be our problem?
We didn't create the problem.

If we have laws that state they are allowed to stay, then perhaps we need to change those laws, and think of America first.

Why should we taxpayers have to spend millions of dollars on people who don't belong here in the first place?

Bob.
Well, Bob, we have a little something called due process (in the US Constitution):
Due process is the legal requirement that the state must respect all legal rights that are owed to a person. Due process balances the power of law of the land and protects the individual person from it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_process

Unless you’re asking to just summarily execute potential law breakers, people are afforded the opportunity to plead their cases. Everyone is different. Every case is different. You can’t just assume all these people and children are just guilty animals. Otherwise, you’ve got bigger issues.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:27 PM

3,276 posts, read 1,868,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
How about we donít rip the kids away from their families? How about a little humanity? Iíd like to know what azzhole thinks itís OK to persecute the children for the supposed crimes of the parents.
Who's suggesting ripping kids from their families? They've all gotta' go as an entire family. The problem is if the kids are allowed to stay, then what happens to their parents? So I guess it's okay with you that we only send the parents back since the parents committed the crime?

Old 06-25-2019, 04:34 PM

10,067 posts, read 6,306,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
We have to check them and make sure they aren't being trafficked. Some of them weren't with their biological families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or