Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 12:15 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
That’s not what they want from you. They want your attention.
No , they dont.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:17 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Exactly. It is pretty simple, yet leftists continue to make excuses for them, and try to hide the truth.
Of course. And the thrust of the article, that the alphabet community sees less tolerance among younger generations, means that they'll be pushing for more of this indoctrination of the very young.

Here, kids read to dogs, at our libraries. So far.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:19 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is nothing sexual about telling people(kids or adults) that they dont have to conform to your normality when it comes to clothing or gender stereotypes.
Ah ... there it is.

Drag queens want an audience of children to promote gender fluidity and LGBT.

It only took about 10 posts for you to finally land on it.

They don't care about reading to the kids. They want to bring their agenda to CHILDREN.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:20 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just like last year, it's not that people in general dislike the LGBT community, it's just that people are tired of the perception that the LGBT community themselves are intolerant and seem to revel in making people uncomfortable. It's one thing to seek acceptance, another to get in people's faces demanding 'rights' and delight in shocking them.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/glaad-acc...205604705.html
Here are my thoughts on this topic. I think if you speak to the average American citizen, they understand and appreciate diversity and they respect each and every cause.

However, I think these messages are teetering on the point of saturation. It's all we hear these days and it's SOOO in your face. Every time you turn around we are being told of another rally, demonstration or parade and it can be overkill.

Bravo to continue the cause, but from a strategy point of view perhaps it's time to tone it down a bit or risk losing the interest of citizens that identify with a more mainstream attitude.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:24 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just like last year, it's not that people in general dislike the LGBT community, it's just that people are tired of the perception that the LGBT community themselves are intolerant and seem to revel in making people uncomfortable. It's one thing to seek acceptance, another to get in people's faces demanding 'rights' and delight in shocking them.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/glaad-acc...205604705.html
I have not personally experienced intolerance by the LGBT community. Like I never had anyone accost me because I declined to attend a gay pride event. Not saying it doesn't happen.

However, I find it interesting that the text you quoted includes:

Participants were asked how they felt about seeing a same-sex couple hold hands, learning that a family member or a doctor identifies as LGBTQ and learning that their child has been placed in a class taught by an LGBTQ teacher, among other situations

If that is your idea of being "in your face" - ie, just doing what normal people do - then you really got a problem.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:31 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Who are you kidding?

The entire purpose of having drag queens read to kids is to normalize their aberrant behavior--while sexualizing kids for good measure.
I'll tell you an example of sexualizing kids - these parents who enter little girls in beauty contests, and have them all dolled up in make-up and bouffant hairdos and swimsuits. You know, the Jon Benet Ramsey scene. That to me is sick. If I had a young daughter I'd much rather have her read to by some benign drag queen than put through that perverted gender stereotyping.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:33 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I'll tell you an example of sexualizing kids - these parents who enter little girls in beauty contests, and have them all dolled up in make-up and bouffant hairdos and swimsuits. You know, the Jon Benet Ramsey scene. That to me is sick. If I had a young daughter I'd much rather have her read to by some benign drag queen than put through that perverted gender stereotyping.
It's the same thing.

There are TG/drag kids dancing around dressed like girls in bars while drunk men throw money at them.

But that's OK because it's LGBT, while pageants for young girls are not.

They are the SAME. Both are wrong.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:34 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
I dont care what people do with themselves in private. But, Do you really have to go overboard to convince the world you are different and want to be excepted. Thats the problem. Tone it down. Do I get a parade because I banged the cashier girl at the local filling station. No.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:38 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm a full on pro LGBTQ type of person. I have a live and let live attitude about this subject. I'm Ok with gay marriage, the whole bit.

That being said one thing that I do find a bit annoying with a segment of that crowd is that sometimes they do seem like they are in your face a bit with it. Some of the shenanigans that goes on at some of the gay pride festivals is pretty gross frankly. I'd say the same thing if it were straight people carrying on that way. I guess when it comes to PDA I'm fairly conservative.
Ah! I was scrolling down to the end ( I do read all posts) to remark about this.
Gays are not doing themselves a favor at all by presenting themselves in these types of parades/demonstrations which can only make those of us that have no problem at all , turn away.
A bit??? Some of them are outright obscene.
The gay people that I know would never, in a million years, participate in or condone that type of thing.
They're just ordinary people with similar set of public decency and even modesty as anybody else.
I won't post any videos because I would suppose you've all seen those outrageous ones

Old 06-26-2019, 12:58 PM

662 posts, read 313,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
However, I find it interesting that the text you quoted includes:

Participants were asked how they felt about seeing a same-sex couple hold hands, learning that a family member or a doctor identifies as LGBTQ and learning that their child has been placed in a class taught by an LGBTQ teacher, among other situations

If that is your idea of being "in your face" - ie, just doing what normal people do - then you really got a problem.
Many posters here are talking exactly about THAT kind of stuff. They say they just don't want it in their face, but what they really want is to not have to see it at all. They want gays to hide and be secretive again. They pretend like everything is a-okay for all LGBT's in America and always has been. They ignore the fact that LGBT people have been beaten and killed simply for not being a normal acting hetero.

Simply minding your own business, but not hiding your non-hetero lifestyle is all that is needed for a lot of people to think of it as "in your face." 2 of the favorite phrases by people trying to pretend they don't hate LGBT is "in your face" and "gay agenda." Ooooo, scary agendas!! Only evil people would ever have an agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies